• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GTA V adds optional first person mode

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
As someone who enjoys the first person perspective in games and as the GTA series gun mechanics were always lacking im rather excited that they have now added a first person mode to the updated release version of GTA V. The level of detail they have gone into for this optional viewpoint is quite stunning I have to say...

rzskgmbaxuxzwtqhvzc5.jpg

GTA V comes to PS4 and Xbox One in two weeks, on November 18. The PC version is out in January.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see the day where fully fledged first-person gameplay would be implemented into a GTA game, and actually look awesome. It's very rare for me to double-dip with a game... but this, I.. I'm actually okay with this one. Other developers better take notice, this is how you "remaster" a game, by giving folks something unique while improving on everything the game had to offer... rather than recycle the same game with a higher resolution.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Never thought I'd see the day where fully fledged first-person gameplay would be implemented into a GTA game, and actually look awesome. It's very rare for me to double-dip with a game... but this, I.. I'm actually okay with this one. Other developers better take notice, this is how you "remaster" a game, by giving folks something unique while improving on everything the game had to offer... rather than recycle the same game with a higher resolution.

Loads of other improvements too and the first person mode looks superb and I too think I might 'double dip'. Shame you cant trade in old one and pay £10 for new one like with other remastered versions though. Lots of new missions, hundreds of new animations and engine improvements as well as the cosmetic differences and upgrades.

The first person mode is making its way into the online too and I have barely touched that, but with that and heists (when they finally release) I might actually feel compelled to play it. The shooting mechanics are just going to feel so much better like this as they were still a little awkward and clunky before.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I actually felt travel sick watching the driving segments. :sick:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I actually felt travel sick watching the driving segments. :sick:

Yeah I dont know if I could drive like that for extended periods of time and I dont get travel sick, very fast paced and miss half the good views and scenery. I rarely even drive in first person in actual racing games either.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah I dont know if I could drive like that for extended periods of time and I dont get travel sick, very fast paced and miss half the good views and scenery. I rarely even drive in first person in actual racing games either.

I don't think it's so bad, although I am concerned for when on motorcycles. I've yet to play a game with first-person motorcycling that wasn't dizzying, clumsy, and just generally an all-round bad idea. The footage posted doesn't seem to give me any hopes on that front either, especially when going at insane speeds.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
A little late on the reveal as I still have no PC but better late than never...