• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo: Reach Firefight Hands On Preview

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Halo: Reach Firefight Hands On Preview

Firefight is arguably the greatest addition to the Halo franchise since Halo 2 added online multiplayer way back in 2004. Who am I kidding? It is the greatest addition since then. Sure, it’s a derivative mode and Bungie quite clearly jumped on the “Horde” bandwagon, but as Bungie usually do, they take something quite novel and give us their take own unique take on it. While in London this week at Microsoft’s “Christmas Showcase,” we got chance to go hands-on with Firefight in its newly upgraded form and as expected, it was everything we wanted from it... and more.

Two key goals for Bungie and Firefight 2.0 revolve around putting more control at your fingertips. That not only means full matchmaking now – although honestly, playing with friends is still recommended – but you can also completely customise your experience this time around. That means you now have the option to set how many waves/rounds you want, which enemies you’ll confront, what skulls are on, which weapons or sets are activated, how many lives you have and even further, you can even set a time limit on it. Of course, the standard Firefight still exists for those just wanting to jump in and play, and also, the new Rocketfight mode – which as you probably guessed is Firefight with unlimited rockets – makes its debut, if carnage is your thing. Couple Rocketfight together with the jetpack and it suddenly ups the intensity of the mode and portrays it in a less tactical and more destructive light – beware friendly fire!

med_Reach_E310_Firefight_Waterfront01_1280x720.jpg

Keep reading. Rocketfight sounds so epic.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Halo: Reach Firefight Hands On Preview

NEW ARMOR ABILITY ^_^
also, that firefight 2.0 looks pretty sweht.

in forge 2.0 i heard rumors that you can even go as far as editing the time of day and weather conditions of your map. hope they're true.

rep to you evan

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

OH GAWD

i cant wait for this game to come out ffs

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seems Bungie are giving as much choice as they can to the players, sounds great to me.