• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

has fableIII got the best of both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aarkan

Reaction score
ive not played fable3 yet, I cant wait :-D.
I love the fable series, however there were points in fable2 that i found very disappointing. fable one had one of the best magic systems of any game, it was so diverse like lighting and fireball, and it could be used in combat along with skill and strength, but in fable two it was all EXACTLY THE SAME , there was no difference between shock and fire, and they were utterly unusable, with fable1's fireball you could move while casting so your not just standing being hit in the face, the only one that is actually any use is timestop.
the bosses, fable1 has some of the best bosses of any game, there's nothing of worth killing in fable2 there's nothing that makes you feel like a hero for defeating, nothing super epic like the kraken, or another hero, or of-course... jack. Lucian ofcourse wasn't much of a fight "bang!", and the Necromancer in seeing the future that was ment to be a real challenge, and the player would really need skill to beat him... one-hited, with three different characters, the only thing of any difficulty are the trolls, but they are just a pain in the ass.
but it doesn't really mater that you cant cast without being beaten up, and it doesn't matter how hard the enemys are, because your completely indestructible! with no coniquence for being hit what so ever, there was the scaring, if it wasn't for the DLC knothole island scar removal (which was a nice little questline but i felt very disappointing for a DLC compared with TLC).
the fact that EVERY big reward in the game is gold i found very annoying, I know that it is important to the story that the hero has financial power, but annoying that the reward at the end, the grand demon door, and the 50 key chest, all happened to be bloody money, "more gold than you can Imagen" my ass! that's a fraction of what I already had you selfish cow!

...aaanyway that turned in to a bit of a rant and went on hugely longer than i had ment, and altho it looks like im whinging alot, I bloody love that game, completed it 5 times and done about as much as there is to do, and it has got so much that fable1 doesn't, its just a bit disapointing that its not got the best of both,

but my real question was meant to be, has fable3 fixed the points that 2 lacks??

ether way im sure it will be super awesome. :-D cant wait!

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
I think fable 3 is another experiment in what works and what doesn't. Best I can put it and its how i feel. Its got potential but it doesn't strive to be great. It is a blast to play I will say that. You'll just have to see for yourself. But, don't jump in expecting much. Coop feels more refined though and thats what i'm finding the most fun about fable 3.

Tyrannical Duck

Reaction score
You can't move while you're casting spells in this one. I've beat the game and while there's no boss that makes you feel like a hero, there's bosses that challenge you emotionally and psychologically.

I haven't died yet so I'm not sure what the consequences are. I heard you get scars and your weapon gets notches for every time you get knocked out.

I don't like the expression system. It was better in II. In this one you can't pick what you want to use. You walk up to another dude and there's the Nice, Evil, and.. Goofy? expressions you get to pick from. 75% of the time, your option is to dance with him. I heard you could back out and go back but I did that 5 times and kept getting dance. I don't like dancing with other dudes.

Where it does excel is the rewards, I think. There's only one demon door that gives you money (I think) and most of the rewards are weapons or guild seals (experience). Money is worth a lot in this game, and you gotta earn it unless you're going to do to the glitch. Each legendary weapon (which you get like.. 25 in your game) has 3 augments and it usually changes the appearance. I earned 10k from jobs with my pistol and it got like.. 6 inches longer. Looks awesome.

So even if it does fall a little short, I still enjoy it more than Fable 2. The combat is better. Now sometimes when you're fighting your guy will do an instant kill. Usually a little cinematic experience where he'll grab the guy, throw him over his shoulder and stab him in the neck. That was one my evil guy did.

I don't really agree that the kraken was epic. It's epic in idea, I guess but it was really easy to defeat. Like I've said, I beat III and there wasn't really any bosses that I had a hard time with. I have a harder time with the 20 hobbes they'll spawn. If you're worried, borrow it from a friend and try it out before you buy it.

[edit]Just read the guy above me. He has a huge point that I forgot somehow. Co-op is SO much better now. You get to bring your real hero in, your dog, and you have your own camera. Me and a buddy were both doing jobs with no problem.

One complaint I do have is that the dog seems to be dumber. It's happened to me at least 20 times that the dog will bark and say dig spot but he'll just walk around for a couple minutes until I give up.

Reaction score
IT a few word, u will be liking it then u will be dissapointed, bout it

Cain30k

Rock'n loud n hard 4ever!
Reaction score
Hah and here I thought it was just me that thought the dog was a few cards short of a full deck. Even though it seems his "radar" has a larger range. It seems its not always on :/ not to mention how often my pooch has gotten stuck behind a rock or tree. Or even behind a fence with the door a tails wag away :wat:

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score
What can I say? I read my email and some of the spam was right! 6 more inches just for working. Thanks Reaver Industries!

Haha!! You better ease up on the work or you might hurt someone with that thing!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.