• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

hello everyone

H

haywud

hello everyone

Hello, I'm new to these boards and this is my first post. I've already played through the Xbox version of TLC and started playing the PC version just recently. I've been experimenting with modding the PC version, so these boards have been a great help for that. I didn't see anything listed for it, so if anyone is interested I could make a guide on how to use the Fable Explorer to allow the use of weapons and magic in Bowerstone, and also a way to kill the kids there too. I tried to find other ways to get rid of the kids, but killing them was the only thing I could find. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get started on a guide.:D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: hello everyone

Welcome to the forums Haywud. ^_^

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Welcome to the forums ;)

H

haywud

Find the variables labeled "3D70E302 - MaleChild" and "6EE2189 - FemaleChild" and change the value to 0.

Cool thanks I'll be sure to do that. I played around with the VILLAGE entries before, but I tried to edit the variable labeled "122041F3 - NumberChildrenSpawned". Thought that might get rid of them but it didn't, though I didn't try starting a new game.

Cain

Reaction score

Welcome to the forums.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

OI! Finally another of us who still plays TLC. I don't mod like you do, but still...:D

Welcome to Project Ego.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

haywud;348447 said:
Hello, I'm new to these boards and this is my first post. I've already played through the Xbox version of TLC and started playing the PC version just recently. I've been experimenting with modding the PC version, so these boards have been a great help for that. I didn't see anything listed for it, so if anyone is interested I could make a guide on how to use the Fable Explorer to allow the use of weapons and magic in Bowerstone, and also a way to kill the kids there too. I tried to find other ways to get rid of the kids, but killing them was the only thing I could find. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll get started on a guide.:D

It's a little off putting that the opening post is about killing kids, but welcome nonetheless :D

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I suppose it could be worse. He COULD have been talking about raping kids. Or, I don't know, rooting for the Dallas Cowboys*.

Note for the non-American and non-DC-Metro-Area-er. The Cowboys are a American Football team. Nowhere are they more loathed than in the areas that root for the Washington Redskins. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the 'Skins are seriously sucking balls this year.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Arseface;348549 said:
It's a little off putting that the opening post is about killing kids, but welcome nonetheless :D

They should be killable in my opinion. They shouldn't be treated differently because they're kids. I modded them to become vulnerable too.

Oh and welcome, haywud.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Seress, rather than start screaming at you over that, I would like to say that both sides have been mentioned and there is no need for me or anyone else to start that whole argument up again.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Ello, nice to see a new member, 'specially one that is into the oldies ;)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;348568 said:
I suppose it could be worse. He COULD have been talking about raping kids. Or, I don't know, rooting for the Dallas Cowboys*.

Note for the non-American and non-DC-Metro-Area-er. The Cowboys are a American Football team. Nowhere are they more loathed than in the areas that root for the Washington Redskins. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the 'Skins are seriously sucking balls this year.

So they're like Richmond in the AFL? The only AFL team to have been consistently horrible for 30 years, and no one likes them or their supporters.

seress;348731 said:
They should be killable in my opinion. They shouldn't be treated differently because they're kids. I modded them to become vulnerable too.

Oh and welcome, haywud.

I think the main reason is that if they had been killable (and this is also the main reason that The Elder Scrolls doesn't even have kids), then right wing, conservatives would have all come out and denounced the game as being about killing innocent kids, and it probably would have been banned. I have to say, that having the kids as being killable doesn't really sit right with me, even though my brain know's that it would only add to the realism.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Arseface;348844 said:
I think the main reason is that if they had been killable (and this is also the main reason that The Elder Scrolls doesn't even have kids), then right wing, conservatives would have all come out and denounced the game as being about killing innocent kids, and it probably would have been banned. I have to say, that having the kids as being killable doesn't really sit right with me, even though my brain know's that it would only add to the realism.

I totally understand. :)
I just want to make sure that they're vulnerable and killable in my game. That doesn't mean that I need to kill them. Similarly, I prefer the Bowerstone, Bordello and Grey's Bedroom allowing weapons and magic pretty much like everywhere else.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

I wish so f**king badly that you could kill that ANNOYING ass little girl in Bowerstone that follows you around EVERYWHERE screaming "Hero, Hero!". I punch her in the face a lot.

Oh yeah, welcome.

anain12

Reaction score

Weeeeeilcome

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Welcome to the forums. :)