• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help With the Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Reaction score
(ITT: SPOILERS - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED)

So I just finished Fable III for the first time.. I killed Logan and then talked to Theresa. She tells me how the attack is real and how I have one year. I'm then informed I can either be a nice king and have everyone like me, though at the expense of having no defense for the oncoming attack from The Darkness, or I can make unpopular decisions to save the world.

See, I figured that I would just have to kick some Darkness ass and defend the kingdom myself.. Either that, or all the casualties would be from places I don't go to and I wouldn't notice the loss in people (even though it's like 6.5 million).
Wrong.
I do what people want. Then Theresa even calls me a hero and I get those cool wings for a minute. Then she says I must defend the kingdom. I'm like Okay, so everything's working out so far... Just beat down some Darkness and rejoice with my kingdom.

Wrong yet again.
Apparently after killing Walter (after he gets possessed by the Darkness) we find out that everyone's dead. Sure enough, I go to Bowerstone Market and everyone is indeed dead. I've heard that I can sleep for a while people will be back in towns, though they will all hate me.

So here's what I'm asking..
What's the best thing to do? Should I have not killed Logan? Should I have done what people didn't want me to do?
My thing with doing the "wrong" thing was that it would leave the world in damage (ie turning the orphanage into a Brothel). Yeah, we'd all survive the attack, but everything would be to ****.
So does that mean I supposed to earn my own 6.5 million gold within the 365 days before the attack? Then use the 6.5 that's already in the treasury to defend the kingdom, and then my own 6.5 to fulfill the promises? If so that sounds like a lot of pain just to make everyone happy. >.>

Can anyone shed some light on what I should do next time I play through?

RulerOfAlbion

Reaction score
Thats what I'm trying to figure out. I just finished the game yesterday myself, but idk how to get the citizens back and all that... i was able to raise 2.4m; although, most of my kingdom's citizens still died. (empty shops and towns etc.)
[And i can't buy the items i need either, so its like OmgWtf :/]

Status
Not open for further replies.