• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hogwarts Legacy 4K

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

You have got to get this game!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

A whole month before its release and its already making waves in sales. For last week, Hogwarts Legacy was Steam’s eighth biggest revenue generator worldwide.

Originally scheduled to release back in 2021 it is now set to release on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC on February 10th 2023. Followed by PS4 and Xbox One platforms on April 4th, and the Nintendo Switch on July 25th.​

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Despite the ongoing controversy revolving around J.K. Rowling and calls for a boycott over Harry Potter it seems that the game has not only sold well but also reviewed well too.

Hogwarts Legacy - Xbox Series X - 89% Average
Hogwarts Legacy - PS5 - 86% Average
Hogwarts Legacy - PC - 83% Average

Alongside this news it has also broken a Twitch record with the most live viewers for any single-player game ever on the platform, despite a streamer boycott. At the time of writing this it peaked at 1.27 million concurrent viewers.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
I've heard about this one! There's been a meme going around that Hogwarts Legacy is the 'Crysis' of modern-day gaming benchmarks. :LOL:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I've heard about this one! There's been a meme going around that Hogwarts Legacy is the 'Crysis' of modern-day gaming benchmarks. :LOL:

UE4 does require some optimisation but I have been running it on the SteamDeck and with a few tweaks it runs pretty well. Hoping for another optimisation patch soon because the game is actually pretty good.

TheGoat

Reaction score
I actually just finished playing Hogwarts Legacy. Overall I liked it a lot. As a longtime HP fan it really did it for me, but toward the end of my playthrough my energy really dipped. I don't know if I'm just getting older but the sheer amount of stuff to do, a lot of it rather repetitive, really stood out to me. I was thinking about one hundred-percenting it but I don't think I will.
UE4 does require some optimisation but I have been running it on the SteamDeck and with a few tweaks it runs pretty well. Hoping for another optimisation patch soon because the game is actually pretty good.
How's the game feel on Steam deck? I only play modern games on desktop and the game ran without a hitch.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I actually just finished playing Hogwarts Legacy. Overall I liked it a lot. As a longtime HP fan it really did it for me, but toward the end of my playthrough my energy really dipped. I don't know if I'm just getting older but the sheer amount of stuff to do, a lot of it rather repetitive, really stood out to me. I was thinking about one hundred-percenting it but I don't think I will.

How's the game feel on Steam deck? I only play modern games on desktop and the game ran without a hitch.

I know what you mean, so many games these days cram so many activities into open worlds that you can be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of icons/missions/collectibles etc. A lot turns out to be filler busywork in the end.

It actually runs really well on the SteamDeck and I’ve only actually played it on my gaming rig once in the 35 hours I’ve played. Before patches there was a little slowdown and a few frame drops here and there but nothing too bad but most seem to have been ironed out now.

TheGoat

Reaction score
I know what you mean, so many games these days cram so many activities into open worlds that you can be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of icons/missions/collectibles etc. A lot turns out to be filler busywork in the end.

It actually runs really well on the SteamDeck and I’ve only actually played it on my gaming rig once in the 35 hours I’ve played. Before patches there was a little slowdown and a few frame drops here and there but nothing too bad but most seem to have been ironed out now.
Super cool. Valve may have stopped doing much for their Ips, but their hardware seems to be a top priority. I'm glad it ran well.

Yeah the game is really crammed full lol. I did end up 100 percenting it though. Needed a mod to scan my save file to see which items I needed at the end of it though.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Super cool. Valve may have stopped doing much for their Ips, but their hardware seems to be a top priority. I'm glad it ran well.

Yeah the game is really crammed full lol. I did end up 100 percenting it though. Needed a mod to scan my save file to see which items I needed at the end of it though.

I’ve been really surprised at the games that run well on it, God of War and Spider-Man are superb on there too. I have actually used it far more than my gaming rig and it’s allowed me the freedom of much more gaming time for single player games. Can easily dip in and out and play quickly resume and get back into a game and cloud saves mean I can carry on straight where I left off on my PC too.

TheGoat

Reaction score
I’ve been really surprised at the games that run well on it, God of War and Spider-Man are superb on there too. I have actually used it far more than my gaming rig and it’s allowed me the freedom of much more gaming time for single player games. Can easily dip in and out and play quickly resume and get back into a game and cloud saves mean I can carry on straight where I left off on my PC too.
Cloud sync with the Steam Deck sounds super convenient. Reminds me of carrying my old gameboy and ds around. Can play anytime.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Cloud sync with the Steam Deck sounds super convenient. Reminds me of carrying my old gameboy and ds around. Can play anytime.

It’s really good, can go offline to use it on the go too and then as soon as you get online it syncs up to the cloud so you can continue where you left off on PC.