• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do you defeat Trolls and Banshees?

AnimateMe

Reaction score
How do you defeat Trolls and Banshees?

All,

I've now defeated 3 trolls and 2 banshees, but I dont really understand how I did it.

In each troll fight, I just shot with my pistol and nothing happened for a while. I did no damage to him. Then at some point he took damage and I never figured out how. I think I saw something glowing on him so maybe there are targets and I eventually just hit them. However, his last sliver of live I couldnt move at all. I kept whiffing with hammers, guns, and fireballs and never did any damage. I have the max health bar possible (I think) and I went through several potions until it seemed that the game just let me win, or else I hit something I didnt even see.

The banshee is similar, but easier. She seems indestructible for a while, so I just kill her minions. After fighting a few waves of them, suddenly she is just a normal foe and I whack her a few times with my hammer and get her from max HP to zero HP in like 3 seconds.

I can just keep blundering my way through them I guess, I certainly have more potions than I can count. But it'd be nice to know what is happening.

BTW I'm not so much an idiot as I am painfully unobservant. :)

Thanks!

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: How do you defeat Trolls and Banshees?

Trolls have nerves that glow red. Keep aiming for them.

Banshees, you kill her 'children'. The little black things. Leaving her vulnerable.

AnimateMe

Reaction score

Thanks. As for the trolls, when they are down to their last nerve/hit, does the nerve point always grow in the same place? I circled them several times and never see one. Apparently I just keep lucking into it.

sirgage0

The Space Lord
Reaction score

Yeah, the nerves always stay where they are. They can't move around. . . .
:D

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

Trolls? Simple just ignore them. If they keep it up just tell a mod and they should get banned.

Wtf is a Banshee?

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Silent420;395801 said:
Trolls? Simple just ignore them. If they keep it up just tell a mod and they should get banned.

Wtf is a Banshee?

Have you ever played fable 2? or were you jackassing, not to be offensive.

xX FABLE GENIE Xx

Reaction score

Theres a way of defeating trolls in under 30 seconds, if you wanna know

ronm100

Reaction score

AnimateMe;395707 said:
Thanks. As for the trolls, when they are down to their last nerve/hit, does the nerve point always grow in the same place? I circled them several times and never see one. Apparently I just keep lucking into it.

you nedd them to get tired from throwing rocks at you and trying to smash you
then their nerver will glow in red

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

The blades Spell for Trolls when there nerves are exposed. Blades always attack something that glow red. It is how I beat the crucible.

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

Benjamin510;401235 said:
The blades Spell for Trolls when there nerves are exposed. Blades always attack something that glow red. It is how I beat the crucible.

Hell why didn't I think of that? I just ran around like a bat out of hell with The Enforcer. Still managed it, but I feel a little dumb now. Blades is so much simpler lol.

Boylie1988

Reaction score

For the Banshee's, I use a level 5 inferno spell. Position yourself so that you are a little way away from the Banshee, charge the spell, it kills her children, then as it spreds out, it takes a fair chunk of health off the Banshee. Then finish her off. Simples.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

Heh heh, I remember when I first fought a troll in Fable II.

I kept trying to sling rocks back at it using my sword/hammer (whatever I had then). Fable I was still in my head.

I also remember whacking at it.

This thread also makes me want to complete the Crucible. I can get all perfect rounds until the troll. I guess I might need to train up Blades. I hate magic... so much. I wish Fable had none.

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

tjbyrum1;401555 said:
This thread also makes me want to complete the Crucible. I can get all perfect rounds until the troll. I guess I might need to train up Blades. I hate magic... so much. I wish Fable had none.

You can fairly simply get a perfect round on the Troll with just Skill. I did it with The Enforcer. Gotta take out the nerve tendrils one by one, which is a little bit more effort than using Blades, but you won't need to worry about charging up a spell and getting knocked backwards.

po1s3n

Banshee killer
Reaction score

run and gun!, just circle a troll constantly waiting for that little glimmer of red on it and shoot it ( pistols are great for these two). Banshee's are easier, just lead her minions away from her and kill them and just spam shoot her in the face till she's dead, this requires a fast shooting gun like a turret or clockwork gun because it will stop her from moving too much because once one shot hits her another is on its way, try to avoid close combat.