• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How many of you join games and proceed to murder everyone in sight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
By the way (and I'm going off-topic here), does anyone know how to get "henchmen wages"? I need to get that achievement and a couple others before my Xbox Live runs out but I can't figure out how to do it. If you know how to do it and are willing to let me get it, let me know via a PM.
As long as you're not the host and you're in a co-op game, you should be getting 10 gold every five minutes, which goes towards the 1000 gold you need to attain the "We can be heroes" achievement. You don't actually need to play with anyone. You can do this with two controllers and a dummy throw-away gamertag to act as the host. Just create a separate gamertag, start a character on it, and as soon as you're able have your main character join their game. Now it's a waiting game. I recommend putting a rubber band on the left analog stick and walking into a wall forever (to prevent the 360 from going on standby.)
You'll get it eventually. Set it all up and then go watch some TV or eat a sandwich.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
As long as you're not the host and you're in a co-op game, you should be getting 10 gold every five minutes, which goes towards the 1000 gold you need to attain the "We can be heroes" achievement. You don't actually need to play with anyone. You can do this with two controllers and a dummy throw-away gamertag to act as the host. Just create a separate gamertag, start a character on it, and as soon as you're able have your main character join their game. Now it's a waiting game. I recommend putting a rubber band on the left analog stick and walking into a wall forever (to prevent the 360 from going on standby.)
You'll get it eventually. Set it all up and then go watch some TV or eat a sandwich.

Isn't that like... eight hours? Wow. Yeah... I don't see myself ruining a controller just to get that achievement. Oh well.

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
You're kidding, right? A giant message pops up right in the middle of your screen. There's literally no way to not see it unless you're blind. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I don't see how you could not notice that.

Not kiddin buddy!

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
Isn't that like... eight hours? Wow. Yeah... I don't see myself ruining a controller just to get that achievement. Oh well.

ruining a controller? 8 hours isn't gonna ruin anything unless you got your controller from afghanistan!

xxcYyLOnexx

Diamond Miner
Reaction score
i like how you guys keep insisting that pepsiplz is blind

i love the internet

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
'A' is used to dodge, not attack. That would be the 'X', 'Y' and 'B' buttons. So again, there's just no way you can not notice it without blatantly ignoring it or being blind.

Also, the co-op feature for this game is so bland. I don't know what I was expecting but given how linear this game feels, it's no surprise that I dislike the co-op feature as well.

By the way (and I'm going off-topic here), does anyone know how to get "henchmen wages"? I need to get that achievement and a couple others before my Xbox Live runs out but I can't figure out how to do it. If you know how to do it and are willing to let me get it, let me know via a PM.

It's actually really easy to do if you were doing what I mentioned I was doing. Because I did mention it.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
ruining a controller? 8 hours isn't gonna ruin anything unless you got your controller from afghanistan!

Hold your thumbstick to the left (or right) for eight hours and tell me if it's still fine afterward.

It's actually really easy to do if you were doing what I mentioned I was doing. Because I did mention it.

I've done what you were doing and I've done other things, it's not that easy. You also claimed there was no box, just some quick text at the top, which is false.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
My husband and I were playing local co-op. He murdered all my husbands ingame. lol

What a guy. Though technically he did marry you first.

I had a similar situation a couple days ago, playing with my girlfriend. She married the guy we made in the Villager Maker. However, we're also married in-game. He saw us together and shouted, "What are you doing with my wife!?" Well same to you, buddy! So I threatened him. And then, since he's bisexual, I made him fall in love with me. This was all apparently too much for him and he promptly divorced my girlfriend and walked out of town. So I shot him dead. No man turns his back on my wife and gets away with it!

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
And then, since he's bisexual, I made him fall in love with me. This was all apparently too much for him and he promptly divorced my girlfriend and walked out of town. So I shot him dead. No man turns his back on my wife and gets away with it!
Now that would be real evil, right there. Forget mass murder, the true villains go into someone elses game and seduce all of the other players husbands/wives.

Jamin

Reaction score
Now that would be real evil, right there. Forget mass murder, the true villains go into someone elses game and seduce all of the other players husbands/wives.
haha i actually did that my friend was makin people love him and i got bored so i made his wife fall in love with me :p

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
Hold your thumbstick to the left (or right) for eight hours and tell me if it's still fine afterward.

I've done what you were doing and I've done other things, it's not that easy. You also claimed there was no box, just some quick text at the top, which is false.

Done. Everything's fine :D

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I watched that Southpark episode too.

:p. Its still an epic quote!

I dunno. Depends on how tense the band is I think, I left a elasticbanded thumbstick overnight once [Leveling Sneak on Oblivion IIRC] and the controller works fine. And its been dropped alot too.

Course, it might be a FPS thing. If the damage is to due with calibration, its entirely possible that its done some damage I havent really noticed due to my gameset.

To further the wages topic, I'm pretty sure they increase each tick, because I'm pretty sure the henchman wages have to be done in one session. If it works like jobs, the longer your in someones game, the closer 100 gold per 5 minutes you get [assuming a maximum multiplier of 10 like other jobs.]

That would mean something like an hour and twenty minute session with another player would get you the achievement, which seems about right.

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score
just out of intrest, ive tried using a elastic band around the controller and leaving it over night and when I go to it the next morning the controller turned itself off, is there some sort of power saving option Ive over looked o_O

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
just out of intrest, ive tried using a elastic band around the controller and leaving it over night and when I go to it the next morning the controller turned itself off, is there some sort of power saving option Ive over looked o_O
Are you using a wireless controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.