• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to tell when I've collected "ALL" possible XP from a fight?

Swolecat

Reaction score
How to tell when I've collected "ALL" possible XP from a fight?

I realized soon after I started playing that a message would pop up at the top of the screen saying "Bonus Experience 183%", which I believed to be a signal as to having collected all the available XP from the area(fight). But sometimes I hold the "RT" button for what seems like an eternity and NOTHING happens. I realize that XP bubbles fall off cliffs and such, but dear lord, even if they were 10,000,000,000,000 feet deep, it would seem like a game such as this, would incorporate a way to insure the XP would be retrieved in a timely manner, no? I only bring this up because I, myself, have sat holding "RT" for LONG periods of time receiving XP after 2+ minutes........What's the deal?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: How to tell when I've collected "ALL" possible XP from a fight?

I've experienced this as well. I'm not sure why this happens, and I'm a little hesitant to call it a glitch, but what I can tell you is that when the message about your bonus experience pops up, that is, in fact, an indicator that lets you know when you've collected all available experience. When you hold the trigger down for long periods of time and no experience comes to you, I believe there is still a small amount out there, but it just somehow can't get to you. However, I have gotten a few of these experience orbs that seem to take forever to draw toward your character, and let me tell you, their size is not worth your time. It's almost always a one-digit or smaller two-digit number.

Swolecat

Reaction score

To simplify my question...Are we expected to hold the "RT" button for 14 minutes or so after EVERY fight? If not, then how do we know when we've acquired all of the surrounding "XP bubbles"? Is it a glitch that hasn't been fixed, even though Fable 2 is an afterthought and Fable 3 is now the focus?

Swolecat

Reaction score

Necromancer11;367780 said:
I've experienced this as well. I'm not sure why this happens, and I'm a little hesitant to call it a glitch, but what I can tell you is that when the message about your bonus experience pops up, that is, in fact, an indicator that lets you know when you've collected all available experience. When you hold the trigger down for long periods of time and no experience comes to you, I believe there is still a small amount out there, but it just somehow can't get to you. However, I have gotten a few of these experience orbs that seem to take forever to draw toward your character, and let me tell you, their size is not worth your time. It's almost always a one-digit or smaller two-digit number.

Thanks for your response. I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by this. I don't even know why I posted this thread to be honest, since I know all the focus is on Fable 3 at this point. I guess I just wanted to know that I wasn't the only one out there with this problem lol, so thankyou! :)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Swolecat;367783 said:
I know all the focus is on Fable 3 at this point.

Well, not quite. There's still a fair amount of Fable 2 discussion happening, and people are still playing TLC as well, myself included. ;)

WanderingWizard

Reaction score

I was under the impression that the percentage of bonus experience was exactly that; a quantity of experience granted to the character depending on their performance in combat (chain attacks, flourishes, rhythmic attacking and multiple death-dealing). Either way, this big balls (ha!) will always find their way to you and even if you don't get all the XP, you'll eventually accumulate stupendous amounts anyway.

untuva

Lady in Red
Reaction score

WanderingWizard;367816 said:
Either way, this big balls (ha!) will always find their way to you and even if you don't get all the XP, you'll eventually accumulate stupendous amounts anyway.
^ this i think.

And the sound tells when you have collected all orbs from the area + the pose your character takes.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

I've seen xp orbs get stuck on obstacles before, and those get collected anyway. So I am pretty convinced that the game does account for xp that gets lost off cliffs and stuff. I guess there isn't really any way to be absolutely sure that all xp has been collected, so just hold RT and when it stops, it stops.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

If there is an obstacle in the way of the experience orb, it will still get absorbed from where ever it's being blocked from you. There's something else going on with the experience orbs that take so long to collect.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

to get the bonuses u have to collect every orb from everything u kill in a fight. for example, a swarm of bugs attacks u; one of the small orbs from the first bug u kill might disappear if u dont get it in time.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Evan52395;367989 said:
to get the bonuses u have to collect every orb from everything u kill in a fight.

No, you can still get it without collecting everything.

Evan52395;367989 said:
a swarm of bugs attacks u; one of the small orbs from the first bug u kill might disappear if u dont get it in time.

Yes, but it won't tell you that there are still orbs out there by letting you try to absorb more experience if they've just disappeared.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

well whatever. maybe u just didnt fight well enough to deserve bonuses

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Evan52395;367993 said:
well whatever. maybe u just didnt fight well enough to deserve bonuses

One always get bonuses after a fight. And how exactly is something like that relevant?

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

its relovant cuz it has to do with the topic...

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Evan52395;367998 said:
its relovant cuz it has to do with the topic...

Yes, but how? We're talking about how you know when you've collected all of the experience around you. We only mentioned the bonus experience because the message about it is an indicator of when you've collected all available experience without releasing the right trigger.

Swolecat

Reaction score

The reason I posted this thread was because I noticed there wasn't a concrete notifier as to when I had collected "ALL of the surrounding XP". So while playing, I decided to test the XP gathering component of the game and therefore started holding the "RT button/Right Trigger" for extended periods of time after every fight. I found the following: On occasion I absorbed small amounts of XP, after what I would describe as obscenely long lengths of time, ranging from 30 seconds, which were annoying enough, to 4+ minutes (keep in mind that this is after EVERY SINGLE ENCOUNTER, so 4 minutes turns into 40minutes over time, and your patience turns into 0 before you know it!). So yeah, 4 minutes doesn't seem like it's very long, and it's really not.....but since there is ABSOLUTELY NO confirmation to notify you to when you've collected all the possible XP in the area, you may be subject to holding that dang button for all eternity in order to retrieve all of the "XP bubbles" that you have rightfully earned!

Having made those observations, I have only a couple of questions for the Fable team members:

1) Is it an intentional design to have you choose between.......
A: moving forward immediately (giving up possible XP that may or may not exist)...and...
B: holding the RT button INDEFINITELY in hopes that you may absorb some stray XP that will make its way to you hopefully before nuclear weapons are invented :(.

I really hope it's a glitch, or that I'm simply stupid and that the explanation has been laid out right in front of me the whole time. I just would like to know the truth, either way. That's all I've got for now, I'm off to play Fable 2 :)