• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How was the journey?

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Been a while, stopped playing games for a bit, and have been gravitating towards pc gaming anyways (most recently getting addicted to diablo 3 :( lol), done a bit of browsing on here and it seems the journey was as most people suspected - a waste of a game, I dont own kinect and have no intentions of buying one...ever lol, how was the experience of playing fable T.J.on it (for those of you who have actually played it?) Did it bring any interesting lore/tie-ins to some of the books/e-books that were released? Did the story reveal anything interesting? (I could google ...and probably will but thought I'd ask first :D )

Satchbag

Reaction score
Hey Marcodian!

I took some time to put together all of my thoughts on a lot of what you seem to be asking for. The journey - overall - wasn't the most stellar experience. Both in narrative and game mechanics. But if you want a granular breakdown, I replayed it and made a run-through assessment of the overall "journey" at Youtube [dot] com [slash] Satchbags. Enjoy man!

bluetain

Reaction score
I am not sure about how people in general feel about Kinetic .... Myself , I think its a bit lame ... and it got me fired as manager of Doncaster Rovers on Fifa 13 ( yes ... Doncaster F@uking Rovers .... Shame !!! ) But I did enjoy the journey and thought that it was the best kinetic game so far .... ok , the sensor still often doest do what you what it to , but I am pretty sure this wasnt Lionheads fault ... I thought some of the humor in the Journey was classic Fable ... If I had to choose a kinetic title that kinda worked , It would be the journey hands down ....

AngelaCM

Reaction score
It was tough to look away from a Fable game, but Kinetic destroyed it for me. I've since read the lore on Fable Wikia, but never could play the game because it was so not what the other Fables had been. :(

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I really liked it. I'm usually open for change. Definitely not a standard Fable Game but at this point there are more non-standard Fable games than standard ones so who's to say.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I could never bring myself to ever purchase a Kinect just for this one game, as much as I love the series this particular game just wasn't justification enough nor was it even close to what I ever wanted from a Fable game.

I really liked it. I'm usually open for change. Definitely not a standard Fable Game but at this point there are more non-standard Fable games than standard ones so who's to say.
Which also worries me. I hope Lionhead doesn't truly treat Legends as a service title and simply try to cruise control on its success giving them an even less incentive to pump out another proper Fable title.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I could never bring myself to ever purchase a Kinect just for this one game, as much as I love the series this particular game just wasn't justification enough nor was it even close to what I ever wanted from a Fable game.

Which also worries me. I hope Lionhead doesn't truly treat Legends as a service title and simply try to cruise control on its success giving them an even less incentive to pump out another proper Fable title.
From what I've seen it's much more like the first Three then Heroes, Journey, or Pub Games. Is is definitely different though especially the villain role which is a big new part to Fable. Top Down RTS type game. I really think they're going to pull it off with flying colors. I do suspect that if people go in hoping for Fable IV the will be disappointed. But If they go in just wanting a great game set in the world of Albion it will be awesome!

Scarlett Rose

Sparrow
Reaction score
I actually thought The Journey had better character development than the games of the Fable trilogy. Gabriel felt more real than any of the previous Hero protagonists of the series, who hardly ever displayed any emotion. Theresa was much more believable in this game as well, more so than any of her previous incarnations. She has lost much of her power since Fable III, but this only makes her appear more human. The Journey was worth it just to hear Theresa's story, which not only answers some questions, but pieces all of the games together nicely.

BountyHunter

Reaction score
I just ordered this. I have a Kinect kicking around somewhere and have never ever used it. Not once.

But this game is selling for like five bucks or cheaper on eBay, so I figured "What the Hell?" I'm gonna give it a try. Should be interesting as a first Kinect game. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I just ordered this. I have a Kinect kicking around somewhere and have never ever used it. Not once.

But this game is selling for like five bucks or cheaper on eBay, so I figured "What the Hell?" I'm gonna give it a try. Should be interesting as a first Kinect game. :lol:

Have to let us know your impressions, besides the odd party style game I didnt use my Kinect for anything and plugged it out in the end.

BountyHunter

Reaction score
I will for sure. I found the Kinect, just have to wait for the game to show up.

MariGal7

Reaction score
Been a while, stopped playing games for a bit, and have been gravitating towards pc gaming anyways (most recently getting addicted to diablo 3 :( lol), done a bit of browsing on here and it seems the journey was as most people suspected - a waste of a game, I dont own kinect and have no intentions of buying one...ever lol, how was the experience of playing fable T.J.on it (for those of you who have actually played it?) Did it bring any interesting lore/tie-ins to some of the books/e-books that were released? Did the story reveal anything interesting? (I could google ...and probably will but thought I'd ask first :D )

Fable Journey, I was excited to play it. I don’t hate it but it was very short and there definitely could have been more to it. I feel like it could be a demo to a much larger open world VR game, a test run. though I doubt it. The main character was likable and I liked hearing Theresa’s story and her view on everything. We haven’t really seen her personal side since the first Fable when the hero was her brother. I really did like the different locations in this game, like Hammer Falls. There was no Reaver in this game but there was sort of talk of him. I wish there was more on what part he was playing in this era of Albion. Something tells me they didn’t want to give too much away because I’m gonna bet he has another big role in the next game coming out. Overall it’s a game I only felt the need to play once and haven’t returned to it since.

Reavershots

Reaction score
They seriously degraded Theresa. It was a huge disappointment Storyline wise. The game itself in regards to gameplay, difficulty, achievements, bosses, villians & supporting characters + having the horse, instead of a Dog, I liked the rest of it. I just didn't like how they ruined Theresa in Fable:Journey. I especially didn't like Gabriel replacing Theresa by assuming her role. He wasn't even of the Archon or Nostros bloodline.