• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I can't seem to make my 360 controller work on the pc

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
I can't seem to make my 360 controller work on the pc

So I downloaded the software for the controller, and everything, but when I open the controller status thing, it doesn't show that my controller is connected when I press the guide button. Like I press it and the controller isn't even showing that its connected, it just keeps blinking.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: I can't seem to make my 360 controller work on the pc

Maybe there's some kind of sync feature on the PC, just as there is on the 360?

I've never done it myself and my friend just bought the Windows Controller. I'm just brainstorming.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

I really doubt it, its wired to the pc, and when you connect the wire for the 360 to the controller, it covers up the sync button...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

What game are you trying to use it on and what software did you download for it? Ive only used it for Rainbow Six Vegas on PC and it worked with no additional software. Just plugged it in and got Windows Update for it and then enabled it in the menu of the game in the control options.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Did you download the correct software? There's multiple ones out there but only the official one by Microsoft works. Also, you said the wire that you connect covers up the sync button? So your controller is originally wireless but you have it wired now? If that's the case then you probably download the software for the wrong controller type (wired instead of wireless).

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=gaming

You'll need to restart your PC after installation in order for it to work. I used this for my wired controller and everything went perfectly.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

When I plugged it in, I installed driver software, then I downloaded the xbox 360 status thing for wired controllers which was version 1.2 and. I didn't actually try it with a game, but I was attempting to use it on the xpadder software to play fable.

Also, it doesn't show up in the game controllers section in control panel...

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

No need for any status software, just the driver software. Is your controller originally wireless or wired?

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

originally wireless.

I've tried both the wireless and wired programs, none of them seem to work...

Even though my computer installs driver software, the controller doesn't appear in the gamepads section of control panel. I think thats the problem, but I can't seem to help it...

runeblade265

Ultramarine Force Command
Reaction score

Only the wired controller works out of the box for PC.

You need to get like a wireless platform if you want to use your wireless controller.

IF you are using the charge kit and connecting that to your PC, then all its going to do is charge your controller.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah, runeblade is right, the charge kit isn't going to make it work like a wired controller on the PC. You're going to need the wireless PC adapter for the controller, and then re-download the driver software for the wireless controller (not wired).

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Thanks for your help. I guess I gotta go buy the wireless PC adapter.