• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I give up - where is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Razorback

I give up - where is he?

So, my (good female) character is up to the "Rescue" quest, where I have to go save my kid from the Hobbe Cave. The game is telling me the first task in this quest is to "find your husband", which takes me to Oldtown (where they live).

Only... he's not there. I've searched Oldtown from top to bottom and I can't find the bugger. There isn't even a glowing line to lead me to him (I don't know if this is an intentional feature of the quest, or a glitch). I've searched all the basements, even resorted to kicking in doors to see if he's in any of the houses. I've tried going into adjacent locations, but then the glowing line turns up and takes me back to Oldtown... but he's NOT F***ING THERE.

I'm starting to tear my hair out over this, so before I end up with the complete Kojak look:

1) How do I find him?

2) Can I just bypass finding him and go straight to the cave to complete the quest?

3) Is this a glitch?

SgtSmitty07

Reaction score
Re: I give up - where is he?

I had this similar glitch before, as I had many other glitches as well. The best thing to do is to just marry someone else and have a kid and disregard the other husband. That, or just start another game because the odds of that happening again on another Hero account are very slim. I don't have an exact way to fix it, but that's just what I did.

Casz146

The Crusher of Elements
Reaction score

1) You can try doing other things outside old town, at least that got me my spouse back.
2) No.
3) Yes, a very common one.

R

Razorback

Interesting update:

The husband eventually turned up back in our house. Except he doesn't have the wedding band above his head, and he has nothing to do with the quest (in fact while I'm talking to him, the game is still telling me to go and find him). I went and committed genocide in the Hobbe Cave anyway, but no kid. Ah, well. Started a new (male) character now, so no biggie.

I wonder if the glitch with the spouse disappearing is something to do with the starting point not being a fixed location? After all, you and your family could live anywhere, so the game is probably programmed to set the starting point for that quest wherever your house is. I can see how that could get screwed up with all the possible places it could be.

Casz146

The Crusher of Elements
Reaction score

^Good one Razorback. But the game should do that just fine, it's a stupid glitch.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Not to mention I've had many wives disappearing without the rescue quest.

Casz146

The Crusher of Elements
Reaction score

It only happened to me once, and she reappeared after I restarted my xbox360...so they are quite random.

Status
Not open for further replies.