• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I need help with my weapons uprades

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMadness

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here so if this is the wrong place to post it I'm sorry lol. Anyhow to my problem I love Fable 3 all the stuff they did with it is great but one damn thing the only thing I hate about it is the crap that you have to do to upgrade weapons. Ok here's my problem, how can I transfer fully upgraded weapons to other profiles without the weapons defluiting? The funny thing about it is when I did it with my first profile it didn't do that all my weapons from my first profile are all will the way I had them I've been though the game 5 times and sometimes the weapons all be half compete or completely defluited so it's a problem to me. Can somebody help me.

BlackShuck063

If it bleeds, we can kill it...
Reaction score
if you have another friend you play with that has also completed the game give your weapons to them then load other profile. have friend give weapons back to you as gift's. keep up with your weapons by renaming them. example - EMchickenbane. this is what i do between both of my gamer tags and dont have any problems with weapons losing any of their completed augments. if you give your weapons to a new character, they will change in appearance and level of damage, and will gain back damage level and appearance as you start unlocking the chests on the road to rule. works out great for me for my new character's.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've encountered the weapons randomly dropping upgrades when trading. It's only happened maybe twice, and both characters had beaten the main storyline of the game. Perhaps its a random glitch?

Quentin Locke

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
The upgrades work like this (according to my experiences and the experiences of people I have talked to) if you have ever had the weapon in your characters inventory, then you when you receive an upgraded version of that weapon it will revert to the version you had. If you have never had the weapon, it will retain its augments.

Example 1; you pick up the Dragonstomper .48 from the sanctuary chest, no augments. You do nothing with it. A friend of yours has the same pistol but with 2 augments. He (dupes it then) sends it to you. You receive it, but it will not have any augments in.

Example 2; you complete the gnomes are evil quest and get the gnomewrecker. you complete one augment on it. You send it to a friend, they complete the other 2 augments on it. They send it back. It will only have the one augment that you originally unlocked on it.

Example 3; Another friend opens the sanctuary chest and gets the Swinging Sword, sleeps with 15 men, sleeps with 15 women and has an orgy with 4 people. Boom, all 3 augments done. You've never even seen the swinging sword before, but it sounds nice. So your friend (dupes it then) sends it to you. You receive it, it has all 3 augments in it. Huzzah!

Hope this has been of any use.

EFDisaster

Reaction score
sad note to add:
If you try to dupe a weapon that you finished augmenting (3/3), but the character that you're trading it to (the one that rejects it and sends it back) has had it before, when you get it back, it seems to revert to not-fully-upgraded.

Seems weird, I know, but it happened to me. I had some 2/3 upgraded weapons, so I made a couple new characters, and moved them through both of them, finished upgrading one of them (Simmon's) and then tried to dupe it with the character that I had moved it through when it was in its 2/3 state. When I got it back, it was back in its 2/3 state.

Looking back now, perhaps I didn't save my game before trying to dupe it?
Would that have any effect on the state of the weapons you receive?

EFDisaster

Reaction score
and sometimes using that pre-patch glitch to duplicate the weapons that you spent hours working on will take away the augments and reset them back to some seemingly random point in the past, erasing all of your hard work, even when you trade them to a brand new character that you just made and has never had ANY weapons... thankfully, the new character got all the augments, so I have a one set backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.