• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I need help :(

P

pauster

I need help :(

oh yeah new to the forums too, I recently started to take out the old age look, but now whenever I sneak in bowerstone, it causes fable to crash, ionno but it only happens whenever I sneak in bowerstone, I tried installing and reinstalling for like 10times now, and this just happened today.

If anyone has a fix, or has anything to help me, please do so, I love this game :(

P

pauster

Re: I need help :(

didn't do anything to it, I dunno whenever I sneak it just crashes, and only in bowerstone, :( I reinstalled the game alot. :(

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

and this started happening when u used the old age removal? thats odd that bowerstone, or any map area, would be affected by it. You should have made backups of your files. then you could just restore to avoid this problem.

umm, idk if this will work. but i made a backup of my entire fable folder. so when something happens, i delete my current fable game folder, and re-copy the original then paste it back into microsoft games. then I delete FE so the currupted file (whatever it may be) will no longer exist, obviously. Then i do the whole extract finalalbion.wad process all over again, then re-download FE. After that everything is all cleared up.

HOPEFULLY, this will be able to work for you. you shouldn't need a fable backup, since your just uninstalling and reinstalling, cause thats still creating a new fable folder.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

All I can say is completely remove the game when you uninstall it. Make sure there isn't a trace, then reinstall it with recommended settings if you're given the option of that or custom (Cannae remember if you do) and try again.