• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I realised what I want in Fable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score
I realised what I want in Fable 3

And in fable 2, the reason I think we were all dissapointed.
We wanted and I want The same original fable with new gameplay, we dont want some new game that is different with a fable name slapped on it. I want original fable with new armor new story and more of the original.

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score
Re: I realised what I want in Fable 3

new plot though. I dont want to even mention the... "utherwise"...

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

nah, can't say i'm with you there.
i'm really looking for immersive gameplay.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I want a more Elder Scrollsesque level of detail and depth.

That is what I want.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

i want a rock band that fights with sharp music notes backing me up

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Arseface;352536 said:
I want a more Elder Scrollsesque level of detail and depth.

That is what I want.

Sorry, but, fail. Elder Scrolls of any kind are boring, they characters are completely emotionless, the stories mediocre, and the gameplay okay, therefore, it sucks, and I would never play it. And also the soundtrack is terrible, and the story lines start you off as a random guy with magic powers... WTF?????

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

James Butts;352559 said:
Sorry, but, fail. Elder Scrolls of any kind are boring, they characters are completely emotionless, the stories mediocre, and the gameplay okay, therefore, it sucks, and I would never play it. And also the soundtrack is terrible, and the story lines start you off as a random guy with magic powers... WTF?????

I'm definitely not saying that I want Fable to become The Elder Scrolls, otherwise I'd just go play the Elder Scrolls. I'm saying I basically want Fable 2, but with the size and level of depth of, say, Oblivion. I want there to be too many quests to possibly do in any one game. I want there to be hundreds of different locations, and heaps of different items and stuff. I want there to be a mom linear story. I want it to feel more like a sandbox game than what Fable 2 is. I think that is what would give Fable III a high level of realism.

That being said, I completely disagree with your assessment of the Elder Scrolls series, but that's for another thread.

And would people please stop saying that something "is fail"? It ****s me so much.

Skorn

Lord of Scum and Villainy
Reaction score

Steampunk;352499 said:
And in fable 2, the reason I think we were all dissapointed.
We wanted and I want The same original fable with new game play, we don't want some new game that is different with a fable name slapped on it. I want original fable with new armor new story and more of the original.

I'm with you on that one. It did seem like a totally different game to me, but its hard to keep everything original when you jump from one medieval time to a totally "proper" and more "civil" time. I LOVE Fable 2, but it did like the originality of Fable 1.

Ten things I would like to see in Fable 3 is:

1. A bit more of the families we create in the game. For instance, I don't want my Fable son to be a toddler the entire game. It'd be cool if your kid could grow up and become some what of a hero like you and go on adventures with you. Plus I'd like to be able to have more than one kid with just one person. I don't want to have to marry five times to have five kids.

2. More armor than just clothing. Yeah sure, red suits and black pants fit better in the time period, but there were soldiers and adventurers back then who had some kind of armor to wear! Maybe nothing big, but just something like leather armor with little details/decorations that YOU can have painted on them?

3. The old combat system. Sure the new flourish moves you do by holding the x button look freggin awesome, but it makes the fighting slowly and I always get stabbed in the back trying to prepare for it. I'd rather have the hit, hit, hit, power up flourish attack like in the first one.

4. I would LOVE to see new sets of magical powers. Fable 2 stuck along the lines of the first Fable powers, which was awesome! But now I think I would like some new magic abilities to play with, like commanding earth powers or something? And I think they should definitely bring back the Berserk power...I miss it so much!

5. Why the heck is every guy in Fable freggin butt ugly? Sure not every guy has good looks, but in both Fables, the guys look freggin hideous! Come on.

6. TONS of quests. In Fable 1, I was kept busy with lots and lots of fun quests, but that was very lacking in Fable 2. I didn't feel the busyness of it like i did in the first one with overwhelming side quests and missions. The quests in Fable 2 were superb! I'd just like to see more of them.

7. I loved the dog in Fable 2, and I would really like to see another one in Fable 3 :). Man's best friend MUST be in Fable 3.

8. Not sure if this is part of Fable 3, but i would like to see more of Theresa. I was surprised to see her in the second one, and now I wanna know what the heck she is doing with the Spire. Maybe she is turning evil? Or maybe she is trying to do something to bring the old hero (her brother/your first fable character) back?

9. More benefits that are linked with your morality. Maybe your powers become stronger depending on whether your lean to the light or the dark? Like if you are evil you are stronger with fire magic, but in the light you are stronger with lightening? Something like that.

10. The weapons in the game were awesome, in fact they were so awesome that they were sometimes better than the Legendary Weapons you find throughout the game. The legendary weapons need to be wayyy more powerful in Fable 3. I mean seriously...they're Legendary!!!!

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

James Butts;352559 said:

By the looks of things, you've only played Oblivion. Don't judge a series of games by the only one you've played. Even still, Oblivion is great. One of the best games I've played.

I agree with Arseface. Bethesda but so much hard work into TES4 and I just hope that LionHead do the same with Fable 3. Not exactly the same, but I just hope they put as much work as they possibly can into Fable 3.

I actually hope Fable 3 turns is like Fable 2... But a little better. If they satisfy all the Fable: TLC fans and make it like the first, I wont be happy.

TehZomgFactor

Reaction score

James Butts;352559 said:
the story lines start you off as a random guy with magic powers... WTF?????
yes just like how in Fable 1 and 2 you start off as a random guy who happens to be a hero
how in Mirrors edge you start off as a Random Girl
how in Assassins Creed you start off as a random Assassin
sorry,I know im being a right.....female dog about this but,in my opinion,in oblivion it's up to you to give your character a backstory,I mean I'm still trying to think of something for Zelda(no jokes about the name please),but Oblivion can still be a fun game,especially if you Roleplay a little,Expand your horizons,you could be alot of things if you just use your
Spongebob__Imagination_by_kssael.png

ImaginaaaaAAAAAaation

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

James Butts;352559 said:

Excellent arguments, but you've proven yourself time and time again to be a troll, so kindly **** off.

Anyway, I have my wants and desires for Fable III, so I might as well list them. If anything, it will be the longest post in this thread.

1. Open the world up even more. They were heading in the right direction with Fable II, but we were still mostly bound to a single beaten path. One of the things I feel will help the game out immensely is if the world was even large and more open. Perhaps they can make it a seamless world.

2. Bring back Scythe. Since the game revolves around your character claiming the throne for him/herself, it would be appropriate if Scythe were your guide in the game. Of course, Teresa would still play a large role in the game, perhaps as your second guide. It would be similar to the original Fable, what with the Guildmaster, Maze, your mother, etc.

3. True character customization. Rather than making every character basically look the same, Lionhead could allow you to alter your facial characteristics, and even some bodily ones as well. Such a feature would go a long way in making your character feel like your own.

4. Improved Morality and Purity. I fell in love with the addition of Purity when I first heard about it, but after seeing it in practice, I see numerous ways that it could be improved. For one, they need to retool or completely scrap foods that alter your Purity. Maybe you never noticed, but foods that harm your Purity do so to a much higher degree than foods that help it. They need to find an equilibrium.

5. The addition of a new form of alignment. My idea involves using your Image or Reputation. It can be altered depending on your behavior in public. For instance, farting in public areas, getting drunk and vomiting all over someone, or shoving people aside could have a negative effect on your Image. On the other hand, greeting people warmly, giving to those in need, and helping others will have a positive effect on your Image. As with Purity and Morality, your Image can have an effect on your character's appearance. If you have a positive image, your character will slouch, pick his/her nose, scratch themselves, etc. If you have a positive Image, they will stand tall and proud, and have idle animations that include brushing dirt off of their clothes, etc.

6. Completely redesign the fatness aspect. Any food that isn't a vegetable or tofu in Fable II was far too fattening, and until the release of Knothole Island, losing all of that weight was a time consuming process. What they need to do is reduce the amount of fat different foods have, as well as give us numerous ways to shed those pounds, such as running, not eating, etc. I also think that not eating should have a drastic effect on your character's appearance as they become skinnier and skinnier.

7. More substances besides booze. I, personally, would love to be able to use cigars in Fable III, and perhaps some other drugs. They can even pull a Fallout 3 and have it to where you can become addicted to certain drugs.

8. A larger selection of clothes. Sure there were hundreds of articles to choose from in Fable II, but there could be more. Also, each individual article should come in various colors and patterns. For instance, in Morrowind, there were no less than six different styles of clothing for each rank (Common, Expensive, Extravagant, and Exquisite, for those of you who've never played).

9. Armor. I've thought about it, and I can honestly see how armor would be nice in the game. It doesn't have to be full plate armor, but more time appropriate armors would be quite nice, such as doublets, gambesons, brigandines, cuirasses, etc.

There are more, but it literally took me four hours to type this (well, only 30 minutes were actually spent at the computer), so I'll just leave it at that.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;352737 said:
Excellent arguments, but you've proven yourself time and time again to be a troll, so kindly **** off.

There's no need to troll back, if indeed you even consider James' post to be trolling. He's just vocal about his opinion.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

what's that burning smell in the air?? i think it's irony.

back on topic. they don't have to overly focus on gameplay. they've pretty much got that established. i'd say a very complex and immersive story that really lets your characters persona come out.

KAWAiiCHiBiX3

Reaction score

I'd like if the groups within the game are in more depth and immerse the player more..

By groups, I mean the Assassin's Guild, Temple of Shadows etc.
I think that Lionhead could have concentrated a little more on this aspect and also have created more groups such as 'The Royal Court' - where the elegant lords and ladies of the land got together to compare.. money. Maybe you could get a group of courtiers and courtesans to follow you around the world, but they'd be armed and be almost as able to fight as the guards.. Duelling... art Salons... THE LIST COULD GO ON!

For the Temple of Shadows, some more missions alike the one in which you slaughter the population of Oakfield wouldn't go amiss. Maybe poison the watersupply in the Bowerstone Slums?

Molyneux often said the game would make a player feel 'emotionally involved', but I think that the advent of these more immersive groups, a player would feel like they belong to something in the game, and would have a motive to want to pick the controller up again!

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

KAWAiiCHiBiX3;352881 said:
I'd like if the groups within the game are in more depth and immerse the player more..

By groups, I mean the Assassin's Guild, Temple of Shadows etc.
I think that Lionhead could have concentrated a little more on this aspect and also have created more groups such as 'The Royal Court' - where the elegant lords and ladies of the land got together to compare.. money. Maybe you could get a group of courtiers and courtesans to follow you around the world, but they'd be armed and be almost as able to fight as the guards.. Duelling... art Salons... THE LIST COULD GO ON!

For the Temple of Shadows, some more missions alike the one in which you slaughter the population of Oakfield wouldn't go amiss. Maybe poison the watersupply in the Bowerstone Slums?

Molyneux often said the game would make a player feel 'emotionally involved', but I think that the advent of these more immersive groups, a player would feel like they belong to something in the game, and would have a motive to want to pick the controller up again!

So you're thinking more like the guild system in the Elder Scrolls?

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

I would like such an addition, actually. If anything, the extra quests that would most likely become available will add some added replay value, especially if joining one guild bars you from joining an enemy guild.

KAWAiiCHiBiX3

Reaction score

Arseface;352930 said:
So you're thinking more like the guild system in the Elder Scrolls?

Well, it may seem that way but I've never played that game!
:p

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Well with the Elder Scrolls, there's all these factions, and they each have their own main sequence of quests. After a certain amount of quests, you go up in rank, and you can get more/better services. It's pretty good.

On a related note, posting in an old thread is against the rules.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

There's only one thing I want for Fable 3, the Fable 1 design team to make it.

Any possible chance that could happen? No? Didn't think so. >.>

Hermit

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

It still has the same design team (presumably?) it's just that the design changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.