• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Im new to Fable, what do i need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloppyJohny

Reaction score
Ok so im more the kind of gamer that prefers FPS games but im looking for a new experience and am going to buy Fable 3 when it comes out here in the UK
i know Fable is an RPG style game and thats about it, and i have not played that style game since RuneScape seven years ago. (spending 20 mins trying out WOW doesn't count)

So if you can give me the basics of what a person new to the fable series needs to know

x339

Reaction score
First and only rule: Don't believe everything lionhead tells you.

Twilight

Reaction score
You should buy Fable II first maybe...

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
You should buy Fable II first maybe...

NO! I'd start with 1. 1200 (or something) off the Xbox Marketplace. Then 2. When your finally done with them you should purchase See the Future and Knothole Island. Only after you have fully completed (speed running doesn't count) those games is Fable 3 an option!

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
NO! I'd start with 1. 1200 (or something) off the Xbox Marketplace. Then 2. When your finally done with them you should purchase See the Future and Knothole Island. Only after you have fully completed (speed running doesn't count) those games is Fable 3 an option!

This^
Also, you need to get all of the achievement points... and kill a lion... with your bare hands.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
you need to get all of the achievement points... and kill a lion... with your bare hands.

I aint done the first one...

SloppyJohny

Reaction score

not going to get any of the other fable games.
just don't have the time at the moment....nor am i particularly bothered about the pre-quells

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
not going to get any of the other fable games.
just don't have the time at the moment....nor am i particularly bothered about the pre-quells

GET OFF THESE FORUMS.... no but seriously you should be.. Fable is a story and Fable basically means story... Get into the Lore or get into Halo!

EDIT : I am not discouraging anybody in the use of these Forums. I am merely joking. I may have a different sense of humour to anybody who is reading this. If that is the case then do not take offence. I come in peace!

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Well... you need to know Fable III isn't such a good place to start GAMEPLAY wise, since past Fables are a bit better.

lol, remember PM said he wanted Fable III to appeal to a larger audience. This is proof it worked.

SloppyJohny

Reaction score

GET OFF THESE FORUMS.... no but seriously you should be.. Fable is a story and Fable basically means story... Get into the Lore or get into Halo!

i can read bitch!.... but no seriously, what im looking for is a new experience in gaming. "Story" is a secondary objective for me at the moment.
im a very casual gamer

SloppyJohny

Reaction score
And please. just like i said in my OP.
give me some basic info that would be nice to know about Fable,

Me not having played the sequels is not a big deal for me

Twilight

Reaction score

Theres a huge gap between I and II though. If he plays through all of II and enjoys it he will enjoy III more than if he only played through I.

If you decide to play II first don't buy the DLC to see if you will like III....

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
Fable takes place in Albion. Albion is basically a fantasy version of Britain.

Albion has a bloodline, which we first saw in Scythe, and his children (Scythe was only the greatest character ever), then in Scarlet Robe (The Fable I Hero's mom) and then The Hero of Oakvale (Hero in Fable I), then we saw it in Theresa (Hero of Oakvale's Sister), then we saw it in the Hero of Bowerstone (Fable II Character, your dad in Fable III), and then in the Fable III Character (Hero of Brightwall?).

Jack of Blades ( Villain in I) attempted to use the Bloodline to take over Albion. Lucien attempted to end it to do his wish.

Albion has a long history I cannot type now. :)

Their ware three Heroic Areas. Strength, Skill, and Will.

Whores rule. Queers suck.

The Sandgoose DOES exist. The Sandgoose was a mythical creature featured in TLC by the Oracle said to exist in a desert, Fable TLC players never found it, it was a myth. In Fable II it does exist... as an Inn. It sells lovely ale.

Get rich or die trying.

STD's.

More someone else can post. Maybe me to.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
Fable takes place in Albion. Albion is basically a fantasy version of Britain.

Albion has a bloodline, which we first saw in Scythe, and his children (Scythe was only the greatest character ever), then in Scarlet Robe (The Fable I Hero's mom) and then The Hero of Oakvale (Hero in Fable I), then we saw it in Theresa (Hero of Oakvale's Sister), then we saw it in the Hero of Bowerstone (Fable II Character, your dad in Fable III), and then in the Fable III Character (Hero of Brightwall?).

Jack of Blades ( Villain in I) attempted to use the Bloodline to take over Albion. Lucien attempted to end it to do his wish.

Albion has a long history I cannot type now. :)

Their ware three Heroic Areas. Strength, Skill, and Will.

Whores rule. Queers suck.

The Sandgoose DOES exist. The Sandgoose was a mythical creature featured in TLC by the Oracle said to exist in a desert, Fable TLC players never found it, it was a myth. In Fable II it does exist... as an Inn. It sells lovely ale.

Get rich or die trying.

STD's.

More someone else can post. Maybe me to.

This is exactly why I said start with Fable 1. Starting at the first game is a great way to immerse yourself into the game. You get a feel for it. You feel for the characters and Albion. You get to see where and how things have changed and you become involved in the game. This, my friends, is why I love Fable!

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
Ok, let me redo this.

Fable I:
We meet the Hero of Oakvale. Well, as a child, you're tasked with bringing chcolates to your sister Theresa. Bandits raid Oakvale, kill the populace, and then take Theresa. The Hero is summoned to the Hero's Guild by a man named Maze.

At the Hero's Guild, the Hero trains as a Hero (WOW! You can do that at the Hero's Guild!?). Well, you find Twinblade, King of the Bandits use to be Hero wannabe Hulk. Well, you kill.spare him, rescue Theresa (who was sued for copyright by Shakespear for stealing Gloucester's role of having eyes plucked out) and return to the Guild. Go to Jail, rescue your Mom (Scarlet), battle Jack of Blades, and then he returns, then you defeat him as a MFin Dragon!

Fable II: (...500 years later?)
You and some chick (your sister) are hobos in Old Town. You are shot, your sis is killed, Theresa's old ass from I/TLC helps you. Raises you. You then go on a quest to rescue three heroes, then shoot Lucien for the last fight.

Fable III: You're the son of the bitch Hero from Fable II, and must... well you got this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.