• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Indoor skydiving?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Anyone done it? There's a place in Milton Keynes which offers indoor skydiving and I'm thinking of booking it for Jessica's 10th birthday but I was wondering if anyone here has ever done it and if so, was it any good? To my understanding you get a couple of minutes of the diving, a DVD of you looking scared/excited/sick and a flight certificate - it's pricey but I'm trying to get Jessica to try something new each birthday instead of a present she won't be bothered with a week after getting it.

If you've done it, would you recommend it?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
That the thing when they blow you upwards with an upside-down jet engine or wutever?

Highly recommend it. But only if you do it too Sharon, and let us indulge in the video evidence.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's like a tunnel sort of thing from what I've seen - looks awesome fun. And I'd totally do it but I'll be 8 months pregnant at the time and they don't allow it :(

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
That sounds awesome and I really want to do it. However, when I saw the title of this thread "Indoor Skydiving" you just made me imagine jump down the stairs with a parachute or something. Or better yet, make a hole in the floor and jump through that. Sounds like fun...

Braindeer

Reaction score
That's a brilliant gift idea! I've never tried skydiving, indoor or outdoor, but I love the idea of getting her an experience every birthday. :D

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's expensive but I think worth it just to be able to tell your mates what you did at the weekend. None of her friends will have tried it out and they all go in for the crappy disco party which makes me want to die inside. Waaaaay too many kids to attend to for my liking...

Last year she was meant to fly a bird of prey but they couldn't fit her in so we had to do something else instead - when she's tall enough she'll be doing Go Ape! so hopefully that'll be next year. I just think it's way better than a traditional gift. It's unusual, fun and something she can remember when she gets older...

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
sounds like a fantastic gift that i wish i could say i've actually done and not just fantasized about.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
4_1.jpg

These guys look like they're having fun.

something she can remember when she gets older...

Unless something goes catastrophically wrong and she gets some kind of horrible brain injury...

But she'll probably be fine.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Ohymygosh, I want to do it soooo badly!!! Why cant you be my mum for 1 day and have my birthday tomorrow?

So, Yes, Deffinetly let her do it!

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
For the love of cookies, don't not do it! It's not true that it isn't never totally lame! (It means, Yes do it) Too bad I can't talk from experience, though... But I assume it's pretty darn awesome. Just think about what the human race always wanted. Uhm, yeah, faster internet and unlimited money count, I guess. But I was talking about flying. We have always tried to find a way to make full use of that ot her dimension. We do have airplanes and helicopters, now, but it's still so much more amazing to hang in the air yourself. Or so, I think...

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Yet again I come here and feel horribly behind. But...
And I'd totally do it but I'll be 8 months pregnant at the time and they don't allow it :(
... nice.

On topic: sounds like an awesome gift indeed.Never done it, but I'd still recommend it.