• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Installing And Spawning A Mod

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Installing And Spawning A Mod

Complete Mod Install And Spawn

Hello, this guide will tell you how to install a mod after you have done all the dirty work (turning FinalAlbion.wad into a folder etc.).

Requirements:
Fable Explorer
Albion Explorer

Instructions:

Step One:

Download a mod. In this guide I'll be using the BlueTooth Arquebus which you can get here: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=930&start=0&

Step Two: Open Fable Explorer. Go to File -> Load Fable Mod Package. Now a new window will appear. Now click on the mod you want to install, then click open.

step2tut.jpg

Step 3:

Now you need to spawn it. To do so, open Albion Explorer. Now I am going to use the Rose Cottage Demon Door. So go to DemonDoor_GreatwoodGrannysHouse, click on it, and a window will come up. Click on the top button that says "World Editor".

step3tut.jpg

Step 4A:

A heightmap will appear in a new window after the loading bar. From here you will see green dots on it. These are items. Now you will need to spawn a chest. To do so, right click where it says DemonDoor_GreatwoodGrannysHouse under the tab that says "World" and then click "Wizard...".

step4Atut.jpg

Step 4B:

A new window will come up. You should see something that says "Template", and next to it, it will say BODYGUARD in a pop down menu. In that menu click "Normal Treasure Chest"

step4Btut.jpg

Step 5:

Once you've selected Normal Treasure Chest and then clicked Ok, a green dot will appear in the corner. Drag that to where you want, and rotate it to your liking.

step5tut.jpg

Step 6:

Now go to Tools -> Generate UID. A window will come up. Hit generate and wait. Now close Albion Explorer. You will be prompted to save your changes. Select yes. Now close Albion Explorer. Go to your FinalAlbion folder with all the levels in it (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\Levels\FinalAlbion). Then open DemonDoor_GreatwoodGrannysHouse. A window saying "Open With..." will come up. Choose "Select program from the list and select Notepad. Notepad will come up. Scroll down to the bottom until it says

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 18446741123151243764;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE";
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 39.615480;
PositionY 34.038570;
PositionZ 10.000000;
RHSetForwardX -0.740190;
RHSetForwardY -0.672398;
RHSetForwardZ 0.000000;
RHSetUpX 0.000000;
RHSetUpY 0.000000;
RHSetUpZ 1.000000;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_SWORD_OF_AEONS";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

Now replace OBJECT_SWORD_OF_AEONS with OBJECT_LEGENDARY_ARQEBUS. And yes I do realize the U in arquebus is missing, but that is how it appears in Fable Explorer. And replace only the text, not the semicolon or quotations.

step6tut.jpg

Step 7:

Go back to fable explorer and click Actions -> Save Mods And Run Fable. Now go to the demon door at Rose Cottage. Open the new chest to find one of the greatest weapons EVER.

Thanks for reading my guide, and I hope it helped! :D

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Installing And Spawning A Mod

Well actually, if it is weapon you could just put it on the Hero, by going to CREATURE_HERO and going down to Weapon 1. Just put any weapon you want in there and it is in there.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

yeah, but i found that method to be kind of glitchy, it would be there for a little bit, then gone. maybe its cuz i never saved...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah when you save it is there permanently. You can then edit the Weapon slot again.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Oh, lol. thanks for clearing that up. Whenever i test a mod i never save. thats why

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Alright, glad I could clear that up! ^_^

T

tony007

Why don't you try the shop trainer. Put in the mod value and the quantity, voila, not so hard. If you're gonna spawn chests for every mods you download, it's gonna take years to get what you want. The setback is you gotta find the mod value, but i got told that mod values are all 5 digits, so i think it's not so hard.

As far as i know, ALL OBJECTS LISTED IN THE OBJECTS CATEGORY OF THE game.bin IS SPAWNABLE IF THE VALUE NUMBER IS PRESENT.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

nah im used to normal spawning, and you dont have to spawn a chest for every mod. just add multiple ones to a single chest.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Kinda like my Spawning Chest thread :rolleyes: Except you have the info on how to load them into Fable Explorer.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

lol! I just checked out your tut sephi... that would of helped a LONG time ago, wish i wasnt so damn blind, that would of helped alot.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

:lol: That's okay. I'm blind too.

H

HodgePodge

You can add it to an existing chest too. The chest in Guild Demon Door is alwayys a good choice...

S

skaterryan17

Thanks a lot this was a big help.

N

Nateofblades

what do you use to unlock the .wad files? PLZ THIS WOULD HELP ALOT