• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Interesting Byproduct of Modding

jwc2200

Reaction score
Interesting Byproduct of Modding

During the rescue Scarlet Robe quest I removed the prison cell door. I raised my punch damage from 1 to 10, then I beat the guard to death, just for the sake of killing him. I got a Silver Key for killing him. The only problem with that is all the doors are locked and no race comes up, so the game will not proceed, and no key after I did a hero save and loaded it. I thought it interesting that I got the key though.
5-11-09 Screenshot
SilverKeyfromPrisonGuard.jpg

I added the screenshot because I wanted to prove what I said before. I tried to hero save and keep the key, but it didn't work. I will bump this because I think it is cool.

J

Joey.nsz

Re: Interesting Byproduct of Modding

lol that's quite funny [both the fact that you get a key and that you found out :D] Too bad you can't keep it through Hero Saving whatsoever. +Rep

jwc2200

Reaction score

I added a screenshot to the first post.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

:lol: interesting find. +Rep

jwc2200

Reaction score

This shows that we discriminate here. I first posted this when I was somewhat of a noob, it was ignore for the most part. Now that I've been here a while and brought it back around it gets rep(which is apreciated of course). That shows noobs are ignored until they prove themselves. Just kidding, mostly.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

jwc2200;295461 said:
This shows that we discriminate here. I first posted this when I was somewhat of a noob, it was ignore for the most part. Now that I've been here a while and brought it back around it gets rep(which is apreciated of course). That shows noobs are ignored until they prove themselves. Just kidding, mostly.

I try to rep everyone (even new people) for their hard work. I actually try and encourage new people to participate more, sometimes can be blind and miss certain topics though. Also im not a modder of Fable so dont have much knowledge on that particular subject so dont spend as much time searching topics in this section. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

JohnDoe;295480 said:
Out of curiosity, who on the staff is an active part of the modding board?

None of us really besides maybe Tsuyu to be honest, the known modders (with the status) such as yourself seem to keep this place going. I keep an eye out for any rule breaking and such in these sections but cant really help with modding questions and can only direct them to people who have the knowledge (again like yourself). Thats why we thought the 'Modders' should appear on the staff pages as though they arent strictly staff, they help in this section like staff members.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Dark Drakan;295477 said:
I try to rep everyone (even new people) for their hard work. I actually try and encourage new people to participate more, sometimes can be blind and miss certain topics though. Also im not a modder of Fable so dont have much knowledge on that particular subject so dont spend as much time searching topics in this section. :lol:

My post was not meant to criticize you, or any other moderator.
I know all of you moderators are great about trying to engage new people. I felt very welcome here from day one. This forum is very important to me, in fact this is the only communication I have had with anyone other than my dog since Thursday afternoon.
I just thought it was weird how it was not noticed when I first posted it and tried to make a joke.

A real reason it may have been overlooked is, it seems to me, there was alot more activity in the modding section at that time.

Out of curiosity, who on the staff is an active part of the modding board?

Is that a little feeler to see if you can be a moderator John? Just kidding, I know you are too busy for that.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

jwc2200;295490 said:
My post was not meant to criticize you, or any other moderator.
I know all of you moderators are great about trying to engage new people. I felt very welcome here from day one. This forum is very important to me, in fact this is the only communication I have had with anyone other than my dog since Thursday afternoon.
I just thought it was weird how it was not noticed when I first posted it and tried to make a joke.

A real reason it may have been overlooked is, it seems to me, there was alot more activity in the modding section at that time.

:lol: i know it was a little joke & you werent trying to criticize anyone but thought id comment anyway. I was at work and bored so thought id respond regardless. You have been one of the really helpful modders on here for some time and its much appreciated (same goes for John).