• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Interesting Fable 2 feature discovered..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Interesting Fable 2 feature discovered..

Gamasutra - GDC London: Molyneux On Fable 2 's Experiments
Article speaks of alot of which we already know, but there is one nugget o' gold in there.

One of the major changes of new games is the elimination of a heads up display or GUI, and Molyneux’s new game plans to keep on this new schema. He says there will be no hit points meter, no stamina bar, and no tutorials; all the information the player needs will still be provided, but it will be built into the game in other ways, such as visually or aurally.

Original Fable's GUI was unique, I could recognize it anywhere, but it also, in my opinion, obstruct things. It ruined part of the nice graphics of Fable, and I always wished for a option to disable it.

Adding that Fable 2 will have very amazing graphics, with or without GUI, this change will just make it look even more awsome I think.

However, with no HP bar we really must see drastic changes in our character as he/she takes damage so that we don't die simply because we couldn't tell how hurt we were.

U

Unsung Hunter

Re: Interesting Fable 2 feature discovered..

you got my hopes up

i thought it was the feature he was secretly hiding lol

but its okay, that still pretty sweet, although id like to see my health and mana bars please

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Unsung Hunter;25427 said:
you got my hopes up

i thought it was the feature he was secretly hiding lol

but its okay, that still pretty sweet, although id like to see my health and mana bars please

....such as visually or aurally

So by what Molyneux is saying we will probably have a bright blue magic aura or something around us when we're at full mana, and we'll bleed and limp and look fatigued when we're hurt, so you can probably tell how much mana/health you have left without the bars.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;25436 said:
So by what Molyneux is saying we will probably have a bright blue magic aura or something around us when we're at full mana, and we'll bleed and limp and look fatigued when we're hurt, so you can probably tell how much mana/health you have left without the bars.

I cant wait to see myself running round like an amputee who has been savagely mauled by dogs....

:p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Nice find man! Thats some good news!

K

kizdabest

ye good find but i was kinda hopin it was about that secret feature lol
o well a secrets best kept secret i always say +rep from me pal

Status
Not open for further replies.