• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is TLC worth buying?

Which Version Of The Lost Chapters Would You Recommend?

• Total voters
B

blue crow

Re: Is TLC worth buying?

Xbox version so you dont get tempted to use mods. They take the fun away from a great game.

W

WaTeRwInGs

Dark Drakan;69334 said:
What sort of system you got then spec wise?

Uhm, i dont know what you mean by spec wise o_O:wacko: lol. I can tell you that I have a pentium 4, and its capable with running CS:S (Counter strike source) with some lag.

and blue crow, thats very true. I took that into consideration because I don't really like ruining games for myself...i usually like to beat them the proper way, and earn things myself (like money, instead of using a mod for a 1 billion gold chest lol).

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

WaTeRwInGs;69351 said:
Uhm, i dont know what you mean by spec wise o_O:wacko: lol. I can tell you that I have a pentium 4, and its capable with running CS:S (Counter strike source) with some lag.

and blue crow, thats very true. I took that into consideration because I don't really like ruining games for myself...i usually like to beat them the proper way, and earn things myself (like money, instead of using a mod for a 1 billion gold chest lol).

The mods arent just used for cheating as you will see in some of Sephi's/Albion Knight's And Droded's threads in Mod section and such. Im sure if you can run CS:S fable tlc will run fine.

W

WaTeRwInGs

Well im not to sure. If you think about it, Fable TLC has so much more in it then CS:S. It has like a whole world of things, animated people that talk and stuff like that, houses you can buy, magic skills (bright colours) and ect. So theres alot more things to take into consideration when comparing CS:S with Fable TLC..But maybe your right...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;69367 said:
Yeah Fable TLC has more content but CS:S has better and more demanding physics engine and such:

Counter Strike Source

Recommended Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Recommended RAM: 512 MB
Video Memory: DirectX 9 level graphics card 128Mb

Fable The Lost Chapters

Recommended Processor 1.4 gigahertz (GHz) or higher or equivalent
Recommended RAM: 256 MB
Video Memory: 64 MB
Other: Microsoft Windows XP, video card with Shader 1.1 support

they look about the same to me.

And like Drakan said, modding isn't just cheating. You could use free roam which lets you go ANYWHERE on the maps. That's not "cheating"

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

WaTeRwInGs;69360 said:
Well im not to sure. If you think about it, Fable TLC has so much more in it then CS:S. It has like a whole world of things, animated people that talk and stuff like that, houses you can buy, magic skills (bright colours) and ect. So theres alot more things to take into consideration when comparing CS:S with Fable TLC..But maybe your right...

Yeah Fable TLC has more content but CS:S has better and more demanding physics engine and such:

Counter Strike Source

Recommended Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Recommended RAM: 512 MB
Video Memory: DirectX 9 level graphics card 128Mb

Fable The Lost Chapters

Recommended Processor 1.4 gigahertz (GHz) or higher or equivalent
Recommended RAM: 256 MB
Video Memory: 64 MB
Other: Microsoft Windows XP, video card with Shader 1.1 support

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Modding can be used to cheat but just don't. I played TLC on the PC several times (and on both version for the XboX as well) before starting to Mod. Modding mostly extends the replayability of the game. You can get stuff the was never put into the game

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, like the Line of bows taken out of the game. the Repeaters. Or the legendary Harvester. :) These are all in my trophies items and clothing of doom thread. :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Sephiroxas;69394 said:
But seriously. By all means buy whichever one you like. If you have a little extra money you should buy both the PC and Xbox version. :lol:

Said like a true fan ^_^

V

Vegeta

YES

2 More spells

1/3 added on to story

More legendary weapons

more locations

WORTH IT!

F

FableFreak

TLC 4 PC! No other choice! Go buy it now, for I am your god and command you to!

V

Vegeta

I actually liked Xbox better until I got used to PC and Modding...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Took me a bit to get used to it as well but every game has a small learning curve like that

W

WaTeRwInGs

Well thanks for all you help guys. You've really helped me out alot. So, today I went out and purchased TLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo!!! It's pretty cool. You meet Briar Rose in the beginning! It's pretty awsome. Now, the answer you guys are looking for is, "did he get it for PC or Xbox"? Well, I got it for.....
XBOX

I am (in the near future) to buy it for PC so I can do modding AFTER I beat it on Xbox. Thanks again guys for your help. :p

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Cool Have fun with the
game :D and you thought I was gonna say
something else:p

W

WaTeRwInGs

Lmao. Thanks. Lol, I love how people use the spoiler thingy, its hilarious and fun :p I like pushing the button :p

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

WaTeRwInGs;69608 said:
Well thanks for all you help guys. You've really helped me out alot. So, today I went out and purchased TLC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooohooo!!! It's pretty cool. You meet Briar Rose in the beginning! It's pretty awsome. Now, the answer you guys are looking for is, "did he get it for PC or Xbox"? Well, I got it for.....
XBOX

I am (in the near future) to buy it for PC so I can do modding AFTER I beat it on Xbox. Thanks again guys for your help. :p

Well congratulations on a wise purchase and hope you get into the modding scene after beating the Xbox Version.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

WaTeRwInGs;69608 said:
XBOX

Hurrah! You have made a good choice investing in Fable: The Lost Chapters for Xbox! All you need to do now is buy a super sexy 40" HD-Ready LCD TV and surround sound to truly get the greatest viewing experience from it. Trust me, it'll blow your mind - in a good way, though! ^_^