• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades - Hero of Oakvale?

wackajackattack

Reaction score
I know at the end of Fable TLC you can wear Jack's mask with his soul in it and a message appears in the journal stating that 'Jack of Blades lives!' but do you actually become Jack of Blades or are you still the Hero of Oakvale? little bit confused about that... so if anyone has an answer it'll be a great help and get a nagging question outta my head.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
You become Jack of Blades, in the Hero of Oakvale's body. If that makes sense.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Jack is using the Hero of Oakvale has a host body. Basically, it's Jack's mind inside the Hero's body.

Dead_Frozen

Blade Acolyte
Reaction score
When you put on Jack's mask, Jack's soul possesses your body and he becomes you. His mind replaces yours and essentially, the Hero is dead and Jack is controlling every aspect of you. When you put on the mask, you die and Jack is reborn. This is pretty much how Jack stays alive... in retrospect, until somebody finally decides to get rid of the mask, Jack cannot die.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Though you CAN do this, it is non-canon.

Jack can take over other people's bodies and control them as said above. However when you're given the choice to wear it or not...

To go Canon, you do NOT wear it.
To go non-Canon, you DO wear it.

It is also unknown whether the Hero chose to be good or evil, as it says he defeated Jack a second time with the Sword of Aeons, but if he did that then the picture in the Chamber of Fate would be different.

Sorry for the nonsense additions.