• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jasper is Mute

Status
Not open for further replies.

James009

Hero of Oakvale
Reaction score
My game has been running almost perfect until recently when I got to the D&D quest and decided to join someone else there for co-oping the mission. Everything went well and fine until the next day when I noticed Jasper no longer spoke to me. He's mute, I never hear him say ANYTHING, and he just stands there staring at me even when I ask him to "Explain Room" and go to things. I've tried restarting but there is NO WAY that I am going to start a new game to "fix" this.

Anyone else had this problem? Anyone know of a fix?

I'm going to try making a new profile to see if that one is effected too. I'm kinda ****ed because I cannot imagine what awesome dialogue I've missed because of this.

CAUSE: Likely do to co-op.

Binarynova

Reaction score
My Jasper went mute too. I was upset for a few minutes and then I realized that I hated the fact that Jasper keeps reminding you that there is overpriced DLC for you to buy. If Jasper can't talk, Jasper can't tell me to buy that stupid dog costume every time I go to the Sanctuary.

Sounds like a win to me. :)

Also, I have not heard of a fix while browsing various forums, though I haven't been looking all that hard.

perdohdoh

o.O
Reaction score
when jasper goes mute, it is just a lag problem, like how some details take longer to appear. i recommend going to main menu and loading game again or restarting your xbox. other than that i have no lcue on how to fix that.

perdohdoh

o.O
Reaction score
when jasper goes mute, it is just a lag problem, like how some details take longer to appear. i recommend going to main menu and loading game again or restarting your xbox. other than that i have no lcue on how to fix that.

CLUE*

James009

Hero of Oakvale
Reaction score
I've waited, restarted, and re-loaded and he still mute. Did you guys install to the HD? Maybe his dialogue was corrupted or something.

James009

Hero of Oakvale
Reaction score
I re-installed on my HD and Jasper remains mute, that wasn't a fix. Still haven't tried a new character though I hear that "fixes" it...

Anyways, this is a reported problem as there are many posts about it on the Lionhead forums. I've also submitted a bug report about it. Best of luck to them, I'm sure they spent quite a bit of their treasury on John Cleese's voice and talent. I'd HATE to have that go to waste...

http://lionhead.com/forums/t/291451.aspx

Also, this appears to be caused by something to do with co-op. Seems quite a few people are having this problem.

Xveas

Reaction score
This isn't the only Co-op bug that I've discovered. Another one is when you do the Darkness Incarnate quest with Walter, if you are doing co-op with another player there is a glitch that happens in your sanctuary as well. When you're doing Darkness Incarnate quest, the sanctuary looks weird, with the darkness seeping everywhere. Well when you finish the mission and return to normal gameplay, if you're the co-op player, your sanctuary will continue to look like that, with the darkness seeping everywhere. This happened at the same time my Jasper stopped speaking to me as well. No idea if the two are related.

James009

Hero of Oakvale
Reaction score
Actually, I noticed that when your doing that mission it removes the online doors to access the multiplayer features. I don't think that mission was intended to be co-op. I'd hate my sanctuary to be stuck with the darkness!

Roxas957

Runemaster
Reaction score
Im having the same bug with Jasper.I haven't done any co-op at all so I don't think thats the problem.

Holz1o1

Reaction score
Well, if you guys are REALLY bothered about Jasper, you can always turn on subtitles.

Status
Not open for further replies.