• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score
Jobs.

As you guys know the main way to get gold in Fable 2 was to do jobs, but they were pretty much the same. Do you think they will improve the job system in fable 3? If so how?

Bluedrake

Reaction score
Re: Jobs.

They haven't really talked about money sources so far.

They mentionned that you started with a million gold, but I'm not sure if that was just for the demo or if it will be like that in the game.

Once you become king or queen your main income source will be taxes, I imagine.

Panda

Fart Face (_._)
Reaction score

Tbh, if your a king or a queen, your hardly going to need a job, but whats the fun in already having money, half the enjoyment is earning it!

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

Both of you strike good points. I should of thought about that.

anain12

Reaction score

I think the money will come from the people. taxes etc.

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

anain12;405956 said:
I think the money will come from the people. taxes etc.

Taxes. If you were going for a Pure Good game, you would get money so slow from that. Lets think ideas beside taxes.

anain12

Reaction score

Hmm, what about fines? Or, shops owned by the king

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

anain12;405970 said:
Hmm, what about fines? Or, shops owned by the king

But some people would be arrested by the place because of major fees and soon you'd get low money from that. But the latter seems smart that would get you money quick, but how would you get money BEFORE your king.

Reaction score

Hopefully You can invest in industry & earn money that way, the game is set in a time of immense industrial economic progress so that would seem a likely option. For example the amount of factories You own, along with the quality of the products produced (hopefully You can upgrade Mills that You own IF you can own Mills/factories,) affects the amount of money You make. However if this economic method is used You will likely have to make tough decisons such as: setting wages for workers, whether to employ forced/child labour or not. Also it would be pretty impressive if You can choose the production rate of Your Mills if You produce at a faster rate that may cause more smog in the sky, giving off a visable effect to You enviroment.

Im not really expecting this to happen (not at this much of a scale anyway) but it would be pretty awesome in My opinion if this is how You can make money, plus it would relate well to economic conditions at the time of the industrial revolution.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;405985 said:
Hopefully You can invest in industry & earn money that way, the game is set in a time of immense industrial economic progress so that would seem a likely option. For example the amount of factories You own, along with the quality of the products produced (hopefully You can upgrade Mills that You own IF you can own Mills/factories,) affects the amount of money You make. However if this economic method is used You will likely have to make tough decisons such as: setting wages for workers, whether to employ forced/child labour or not. Also it would be pretty impressive if You can choose the production rate of Your Mills if You produce at a faster rate that may cause more smog in the sky, giving off a visable effect to You enviroment.

Im not really expecting this to happen (not at this much of a scale anyway) but it would be pretty awesome in My opinion if this is how You can make money, plus it would relate well to economic conditions at the time of the industrial revolution.

I hope that we get the option on how we acquire our gold, from Fable 1(through quest), Fable 2(jobs, etc.) as well as your idea. That's a brillant idea by the way. :D

Reaction score

Vicious Dice;406044 said:
I hope that we get the option on how we acquire our gold, from Fable 1(through quest), Fable 2(jobs, etc.) as well as your idea. That's a brillant idea by the way. :D

I agree, like you said it would be great to have options on how to aquire our gold. Fable is about choice afterall.

poopdogy

grey-palidin
Reaction score

1 way would be to do one of the original ideas for fable 2 which was not put in that i heard straight from peter him self in an old interview vid was
merchant stall missions like hunt 20 foxes and collect the hides and other such things like that
2 more bounty hunter type missions
3 less things like the black smith
4 quest money for avo sake lol :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.