• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kingdoms of Amalur could have future with EA

Reaction score
EA is nowhere near as awful as they used to be, seriously it could be a lot worse... like.. Activision worse.

*Shudders at the thought of activision taking over.* Yeah you've got a point. A new cod game every year, worst thing about it really is that the franchise gets worse with every game since MW2 yet every year they make more and more sales off their sequels despite all the complaints the series gets.

Only I fear EA is going down that root seenig as they've already announced battlefield 4 when 3 has only been out since before Christmas, that and they've started releasing Medal of Honour games in between every Battlefield game now. It's a lot like the Infinity ward/Treyarch switch-over that Activision keep doing really. What bothers me even more is that you have to buy Medal of Honour for BETA access, what about all the loyal fans who purchased premium and DLC in general? don't they deserve access? I mean it's these sales that allow EA to churn out games at this rate after all.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
*Shudders at the thought of activision taking over.* Yeah you've got a point. A new cod game every year, worst thing about it really is that the franchise gets worse with every game since MW2 yet every year they make more and more sales off their sequels despite all the complaints the series gets.

Only I fear EA is going down that root seenig as they've already announced battlefield 4 when 3 has only been out since before Christmas, that and they've started releasing Medal of Honour games in between every Battlefield game now. It's a lot like the Infinity ward/Treyarch switch-over that Activision keep doing really. What bothers me even more is that you have to buy Medal of Honour for BETA access, what about all the loyal fans who purchased premium and DLC in general? don't they deserve access? I mean it's these sales that allow EA to churn out games at this rate after all.
Well, some studios are under an annual contract so they have no choice but to develop those games every single year, as opposed to other developers who don't e.g. Maxis with The Sims.

It's silly to have to purchase the beta access though, a beta is just that.. a test version for bugs etc., shouldn't have to cost money at all. But, it's easy money. EA's trying to clean up their act, but it's going to be a while until they shake off these dumb business habits.
Right, as if Activision was bad when compared to EA. Either way, both are jackasses so any future with either is ****** for any game, unless they are just their publisher.
...You seriously think EA is worse than Activision right now? Sure, EA can still be a bit harsh and unfair, but what juggernaut business isn't? They're the lesser of two evils. I doubt EA will interfere with the development of KOA given how they've been lately, and instead will do what they normally do of offering an increased budget as well as provide additional manpower of expendable/recyclable employees.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Don't forget, fellow denizens of the Internet, the gaming industry has 3 evils:

EA, Activision and Gabe.

but-gabe-we-just-had-lunch.jpg

DAMNIT GABE

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

They announced it but its not going to be out until the end of 2013/early 2014. It was merely announced a little early thats all, by the time its released it Battlefield 3 will have been out over 2 years. Also they have only announced one way to get into the DLC so far there will be plenty more announced soon. Also Medal of Honour did have a long break between titles previously.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Don't forget, fellow denizens of the Internet, the gaming industry has 3 evils:

EA, Activision and Gabe.

but-gabe-we-just-had-lunch.jpg

DAMNIT GABE

Even as a joke, calling Gabe evil should be punishable by death. he is our last beacon of hope after all

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Hating on EA is old news, people.
"Mass Effect is totally AWESOME! BioWare rocks!"
"Mass Effect 3 ending was s***! f*** you EA!"

Puh-lease.

The franchise was already ruined by Mass Effect II.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Puh-lease.

The franchise was already ruined by Mass Effect II.

After all the hype I had heard about the game, I found Mass Effect to be a total disappointment. Yeah, the story was maybe better, but gameplay and overall the game mechanics were far, far superior in the next two games, especially ME 3.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
After all the hype I had heard about the game, I found Mass Effect to be a total disappointment. Yeah, the story was maybe better, but gameplay and overall the game mechanics were far, far superior in the next two games, especially ME 3.

ffffffffffffffff.png

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I gotta disagree with you there, man. Granted the original's gameplay could have done with some polishing, but the scrapping of what they initially had for the stale Gears of War gameplay wasn't a great move to me. Not to mention the dumbing down of character building and becoming so far removed of the original concept for the sake of mainstream appeal. Oversimplification is a bad trend that's worn out its welcome in this industry and needs to gtfo pronto.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I gotta disagree with you there, man. Granted the original's gameplay could have done with some polishing, but the scrapping of what they initially had for the stale Gears of War gameplay wasn't a great move to me. Not to mention the dumbing down of character building and becoming so far removed of the original concept for the sake of mainstream appeal. Oversimplification is a bad trend that's worn out its welcome in this industry and needs to gtfo pronto.

I agree with both sides, though ME1 was the best in terms of story/RPG style and the general systems I did think ME2 fixed a lot of things that didnt work. The only issue was that Bioware continued to improve some things but then dumb down others in order to clear clutter but they took it too far and oversimplified the game. Then seemed to concentrate on action and shooter sections when the main draw of the series was the conversation system and the choices. ME3 resembled Gears of War more than Mass Effect and though I enjoyed the game it just didnt feel like RPG first shooter second like the original. They made leaps and bounds with the combat and cover system in the game from the clunky original but they didnt need to overuse it.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
And let's not even get started on what they did with Dragon Age.

But I mostly just blame EA for that.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
And let's not even get started on what they did with Dragon Age.

But I mostly just blame EA for that.

I didnt enjoy the original, as much as I really wanted to and didnt bother with the sequel though I heard it also divided audiences. They seem to want to find a decent middle ground for Dragon Age 3 and have acknowledged the criticisms as they seemed to sway from one extreme to the other, they need to learn how to tweak things better rather than trying to reinvent games to please different audiences each time. EA could maybe be blamed for rushing them but most of the design choices would have been the Bioware teams fault alone. EA as of late have been rather forgiving with release dates and stating for most titles it will be done when its done also rumours they wanted Dragon Age III delayed.

Just want them to return to their story writing best as even that seems to have been in decline lately.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Well to my eyes, ME 1 was clunky as hell and ME 2 simply polished it to what it was supposed to be from the start. Character building was never complex in ME, imo, though I agree it was the worst in ME 2. But what exactly do you think was dumbed down?

I agree that ME 1 had a certain epic RPG saga feel that the other games lacked a bit, but I can't see how the gameplay could be considered better. As I said, I was completely disappointed in ME to the point I didn't even consider it a great game. Naturally I wanted to see the story further because it was interesting.
By gameplay I mean game mechanics.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Character building was never complex in ME, imo, though I agree it was the worst in ME 2. But what exactly do you think was dumbed down?
It wasn't overly complex, no, but I felt it was just right and provided a good foundation for the future. Stat building became more simplified and was nice at first, but over time it would feel very cookie cutter. Weapon & Armor customization/upgrading received the worst treatment in ME2, got better in ME3, but I was left wanting more. Another thing I still won't understand was the switch to using reloadable ammo in the game, what purpose did that really serve? The original ammunition system was just fine and fit the futuristic lore perfectly.

TRA Rotid said:
I agree that ME 1 had a certain epic RPG saga feel that the other games lacked a bit, but I can't see how the gameplay could be considered better. As I said, I was completely disappointed in ME to the point I didn't even consider it a great game. Naturally I wanted to see the story further because it was interesting.
By gameplay I mean game mechanics.

I think your expectations were too high for ME1, the game did a lot of things good, but it's not without it's list of flaws. And it's far from perfect.

Over cluttering of items, painful inventory management, Squadmate AI issues, unpolished combat, the Mako (though I personally didn't have much problem with it), copy & pasted uncharted worlds, etc. But all that in mind, they could have improved upon and made those things so much better rather than taking what I feel was the easy way out. EA could very well be blamed for that, it's not the first time a publisher has done such a thing.