• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KNOTHOLE GLITCHES AND GENERAL PROBLEMS

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Re: KNOTHOLE GLITCHES AND GENERAL PROBLEMS

1. Hair dye, a few people ahve run into this. Your hair ghoes back to its natural colour and dye doesn't seem to change it. Fixed by completing the quest that makes it rain.

My hair went black when I got the Greaser Hairstyle I hadn't thought about that until you mentioned it. Weird

2. NPCs can't be selected/highlighted when it's snowing. Don't know if anyone has run into this one bu ti can't fix it.

I haven't had any trouble with that

3. Glitch, or bad programming? Jessica has the same dialogue as when you first meet her whenever you change the weather to winter.

Yeah I've given up on the NPC's AI

GENERAL PROBLEMS/BITCHING

Why is the island so small?

Seems big enough to me but I've only played a couple of hours

Why are there only 5 buyable buildings?

Would have been nice to have more, like 8 or 9 one of which was like Brightwood Tower or Castle Fairfax.

Why is there only one new hairstyle?

What kind of hairstyle were you hoping to get? One good hairstyle is better than three crappy ones. I'm not saying the greaser one is "one good one" but what would be?

Why are the women and soem men just gypsies in new clothes?

All the same voices/AI was kind of lame and how does everyone on this Island know about me and what my name is :wacko:

Why is there only one big quest?

That I can understand but maybe it could have been a bit more challenging.

WHERE IS THE INFO ABOUT WHAT THERESA DID WITH THE SPIRE?!?!?!

I wasn't expecting any info on this. Where did you hear PM say there would be?

I was so disappointed. **** you, Molyneux.

I wasn't but I didn't set my expectations very high.

I will add that I thought that Gordon sounded a lot like Barnum to me. I kept expecting him to say "Betwatled" :lol:

Good points overall. I like the DLC so far and haven't experienced any glitches.

Dentie

Reaction score

Ah man dont bitch to much about it why can you ppl only say bad things about it if you don't like go buy another game and sell fable II

H

Hexen_Harlot

Yes, Molyneux DEFINITELY SAID the knothole dlc would tell us more about theresa and the spire, for everyone doubting me. THIS SPECIFIC DLC. And the knotholers (apart from the men in dresses) are actually gypsies, not just the same voices, but the same models. Faces are exactly the same.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I believe you heard/read that I just would like to see it myself. Di you have a link?

7hir7een

Hexen_Harlot;261484 said:
1. Hair dye, a few people ahve run into this. Your hair ghoes back to its natural colour and dye doesn't seem to change it. Fixed by completing the quest that makes it rain.

I would just like to clarify that I have finished all the Knothole Island quests, and mine is still broken. :(

H

Hexen_Harlot

Nope, i have no idea when he said it, but the link is somewhere on this forum if you wanna go trawling lol
Have you left the island since completing them, and slept on the mainland? Mine starting working again after i screwed a whore in westcliff.

A

Anthony

There are apparently three EP's coming out for it.

anain12

Reaction score

Hexen_Harlot;261484 said:

2. NPCs can't be selected/highlighted when it's snowing. Don't know if anyone has run into this one bu ti can't fix it.

3. Glitch, or bad programming? Jessica has the same dialogue as when you first meet her whenever you change the weather to winter.

GENERAL PROBLEMS/BITCHING

Why is the island so small?

Why are there only 5 buyable buildings?

Why is there only one new hairstyle?

Why are the women and soem men just gypsies in new clothes?

Why is there only one big quest?

WHERE IS THE INFO ABOUT WHAT THERESA DID WITH THE SPIRE?!?!?!

I was so disappointed. **** you, Molyneux.
OMG, yeah right Peter Molyneux does everything. It's not really his fault

T

thebeastlyboy15

DuckY;261591 said:
Lol, i was about to say about the same thing :)

What i would like to know is it worth the dl? i was going to download it the second of release, but my xbox just got E74, and wont stop coming up with that error at boot :(

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

I love the DLC. It was a joy to play it, and all the new stuff, and 4 aug weapons, are awesome. Played it twice in two of my profiles.:unsure:

mystic_wolf83

The Chosen One
Reaction score

Seems like this whole disscussion went from what was wrong and right about Knothole Island to who's right and who's wrong. Personally, I enjoyed Knothole Island. So many people use to complain Fable II never had seasons or snow...and thus Knothole Island is there now. Many people complained about a long hair style without the band and now there is the cascading hairstyle. Many people complained about not having an armor outfit and here it is. There is also so much more in Knothole Island if you take the time to enjoy it instead of, "Oh, I wonder how fast I can rank up G100." The add-on is only an hour if you make it so. It depends on how much game time you actually put into it. There is over 50 Dig-Spots for sure and around 50 chests as well in the entire add-on. The books tell you the story of the island and the people can sometimes hint you at a background of the Knothole Settlement. Some points in the add-on were a bit obvious, like right and wrong as well as where to go and what to do, but this is just after all an add-on. Besides there is still more Achievements G that Fable II can still access under DLC content which more than likely means there will be another DLC for Fable II and hopefully 2 more, but that's a real finger-crosser. I wouldn't complain too much and put those complaints into suggestions for Lionhead for a possible second DLC or into Fable III. Most likely we're probably not going to figure out Theresa's intentions until an upcoming Fable III or IV is released. Most DLC's don't add-on to the main quest, otherwise they would have been released with the game. They are mostly there to add more experience and time into the game to make it a more enjoyable atmostphere to play instead of trading it in or throwing it on the bottom shelf. The DLC was about what I expected from Lionhead and it was a good add-on for sure.

Problems I Ran Into:
Can't Dye Original Hair Before Downloading DLC
Some Gold Dissapeared
Populations Increased In All Towns (A LOT!)
Economy Everywhere is 5 Stars (Even in Guild Cave)
Augmentations Can't Load Texture to Sparkle (Only on Knothole Island)
Account Used On Gender Potion Reverted Back (Only to one account)

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I tink your complaints are valid, everone's is but Molynux isnt a game designer he thinks the stuff up. So dont say **** you when he thinks something up and people dont come through (in yur eyes)

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Problems/glitches I ran into:
I fell through the world into a blue never-ending sea, but was soon teleported back to my previous location. that's it! that is it!
I guess I've been the lucky one then? ^_^

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Hexen_Harlot;261856 said:
Yes, Molyneux DEFINITELY SAID the knothole dlc would tell us more about theresa and the spire, for everyone doubting me. THIS SPECIFIC DLC. And the knotholers (apart from the men in dresses) are actually gypsies, not just the same voices, but the same models. Faces are exactly the same.

Peter Molyneux: If you leave it too long then people will forget. You can sustain a mystery for a certain amount of time, and I think people will talk more about the mystery after DLC1, whether we fully explain it or not - but we can't wait for another Fable to explain it.
So we will learn more about the Theresa in a another DLC pack but before Fable 3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=333536

He never mentions Knothole Island specifically regarding Theresa secrets.

L

Enforcer
Reaction score

From what I hear I am just dissapointed there is not more information on Theresa and the spire more new hairstyles would be cool too.

J

Jiin

knothole island burned a hole in my hard drive and deleted my fable save, but the weird part is that i still have the saves on my hard drive, but when i play the game it doesnt show theres a save, i have to start a new game

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

knothole island helped me alot actually i went to bowerstone market and now there is 2 of every shopkeeper, two bartenders, two alchemists and even 2 pie traders =D
dont want to sound like the optomist here but if you take the time to enjoy the scenery in knothole island you will see past all its fualts and think wow its snowing =]

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Black Phoenix;263229 said:
knothole island helped me alot actually i went to bowerstone market and now there is 2 of every shopkeeper, two bartenders, two alchemists and even 2 pie traders =D
dont want to sound like the optomist here but if you take the time to enjoy the scenery in knothole island you will see past all its fualts and think wow its snowing =]
lol I let it snow too - it looks the best :lol:

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

yeh the snow is great but i cant make snowmen! i wanted to marry one and have snow babies

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

lmao, or make angels in the snow :D