• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Knothole Island Augment Confusion

Lord Kagareth

Reaction score
Knothole Island Augment Confusion

A lot of the Augments exclusive to Knothole Island have the effect of
you deal more & you take less damage. I usually put augments with this effect in common and other effects, for example; Luck and Life + Flame's Gift + It's Not Luck. I was wondering, so I get the most out of my weapons, does the "you deal more/you take less" damage effect stack?

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Re: Knothole Island Augment Confusion

I've read in a loading screen that it said putting two augments of the same effect on the same weapon is a waste because it won't add to the effect. Or something like that. So i'm assuming augment effects don't stack.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

they don't stack

Recycled Human

Reaction score

There's a great guide for augments on this forum (I'd have to dig same as you or I'd offer it), the guide details which effects stack and which don't. There's also a gamefaqs that goes pretty in depth with this (though I've noticed a few minor errors).

In answer to your question luck (the effect that presents damage while taking less) cannot stack with others like it. Therefore, if you want maximum damage without wasting slots for doubles you should use one of each type and pair them with added effects that don't stack (and aren't negative) for example I'd want shockingly smooth (electric + anti-scarring) to pair with luck and life (luck and ghoul). If I paired luck and life with positively charged I would be wasting an ability as positively charged has a luck side effect. Keep an eye out for skill and beauty (if you want the bonus to appearance) as it pairs greatly with flames gift or positively charged (effectively giving you 3 out of the 4 damage boosts)

Current favorite set up for damage :

Luck and life (luck + ghoul)
Shockingly smooth (electric + anti scarring)
Skill and beauty (skill + beauty)
Flames gift (fire + luck)

And I still end up with a double...

Lord Kagareth

Reaction score

Thnx guys, specially Recycled Human. I currently use a Master Cutlass (Pirates 4 eva!) With this build:

Flame's Gift
Luck and Life
Mighty Oak
It's Not Luck

So I was wasting a lot of ability space, wasn't I?

Which brings up another question; do damage TYPES stack? You know, like electric and fire?

Recycled Human

Reaction score

You can have both a fire and an electric. Some enemies are resistant to the elemental attacks but they are few and far between.

I sorta tested this out by fighting with just one against balverines (red) with a 4 aug master flintlock pistol. It took two shots. With both augments it only took one.

Anyway good luck!