• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kotick Still Thinking about COD Subscriptions

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Kotick Still Thinking about COD Subscriptions

-------------------------------
evilbobby.png

-------------------------------

In the interview, Kotick suggested that as much as an astounding 60 percent Xbox Live Gold subscribers are primarily paying the Gold fee to play Call of Duty games. "We don’t really participate financially in that income stream. We would really like to be able to provide much more value to those millions of players playing on Live, but it’s not our network."

The Financial Times makes the logical leap to note that the added "value" to Call of Duty players would come with a cost -- a subscription fee. Kotick seems to believe that getting this subscription method to work on a console would be difficult, so he's currently looking at other methods to achieve this goal:

"We have always been platform agnostic. [Consoles] do a very good job of supporting the gamer. If we are going to broaden our audiences, we are going to need to have other devices."

According to the article, Activision is planning to "aggressively support" a new line of gamer-friendly PCs from Dell and HP that are designed to be connected to TVs. If successful, this could grow the PC gaming market and give Activision more of an opportunity to launch a PC-only, subscription-based Call of Duty that could work.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Kotick Still Thinking about COD Subscriptions

Y'all want a Subscription say **** that, **** that; **** that.
What's going on today? (today)
We gotta break away (away)
We got a problem and I think it's going to make us go down
They think we're all the same (the same)
And always here to pay (to pay)
For **** I think is lame (is lame)
It's time to stop the game (the game)
I think it's time not to pay for everything we like to play.
(Thank you to Korn for an editable song, but I didn't edit much as it didn't need it)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

KoRn sucks, lolwut.

But dude, that's weak. C'mon, free bro, free!

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Skotekal;404442 said:
KoRn sucks, lolwut.

But dude, that's weak. C'mon, free bro, free!

:O

And they have to know that is only going to increase Piracy and hacking, I won't give my thought either way on Piracy, but if they are afraid of Piracy then they shouldn't charge a monthly fee and make the game a hassle to play.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

bad news is bad.

well, actually i'm indifferent because i don't play call of duty. but it looks like infinity ward or whoever will start getting more crap than bungie ever did if they keep pulling stunts like that. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Kotick is a moron, he wants to try to take people away from Xbox Live and PSN because they werent his idea and he makes no money from them. To claim 60% of people paid to use Xbox Live JUST to play CoD is narrow minded and plain idiotic. In his 'ideal' world he would have Activison create a new platform to 'compete' with Xbox Live and PSN but charge players monthly to use it and charge more for Activision games and then set DLC at crazy prices like he forced with MW2.

In other words he wants to charge people more for the games (£55 for MW2), then charge them monthly to play it online and for everything that comes with it while withholding certain parts to charge you an extortionate amount for later... money grabbing asshole. He doesnt care about customers, support or a gamers enjoyment he just wants to milk every product for every penny he can.

With Battlefield getting more and more popular with the money EA are pumping INTO the game rather than making FROM the game and Medal Of Honor returning soon he is a fool to try and alienate people who purchase CoD games. Especially when the main developers of CoD have now disbanded and its being created by a studio that created far inferior CoD titles than Infinity Ward.