• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Limited Edition scratched

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
My Fable 3 limited edition got disc burn thanks to my 10 year old brother, and as you can probably guess with Traitor's Keep coming in a week, I'm gutted. I didn't care at first because I thought I'd probably never play the game again anyway. My question is, is it illegal to, if one of you had Fable 3 installed on your Xbox, copied it to a portable hard drive and sent it to me, and I placed it on my Xbox, letting me play Fable 3 straight off the hard drive. Because when you buy a game, don't you buy the rights to a game aswell as the actual product? Heard that somewhere.

I understand if you no one can be bothered, 'cause I probably wouldn't, but if there's a kind soul out there willing to save me £35 on buying a normal edition of Fable 3, then that would be pure awesome of you.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
You don't buy the rights to the game, you licence a copy - whatever the hell that means.

I don't know whether it is actually illegal what you are asking but it sounds a bit dodgy to me, at least from the point of view of someone else making a copy of the game for you. But someone with more knowledge than me (like a cauliflower) would be able to tell you whether it's ok or not :)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
You definitely don't buy the rights to the game, because then you'd also have the right to reproduce and sell it, and you don't have that.

And that wouldn't work anyway, because you still need to have the actual game disk to play an Xbox game from the hard drive. It wont run by itself UNLESS you have modded your box.

I'd suggest either investing in some kind of CD repair thing, or buying a cheap copy from ebay or sommat.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
I still have the disc, it's just buggered, would just scan it and run the installed file of Fable 3, wouldn't it? Thought that was the point in installing games?

And yeah I didn't mean the rights as in owning the actual title Arseface, lol. I just meant I have a licence copy, like I paid for it already so it wouldn't be illegal to do that thing I said.

But yeah it does sound a bit dodgy and is also quite long, nevermind. :(

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I'm also not sure you would be able to run a normal copy from the hard drive using a LCE disk. But if you've got a friend who has the LCE version, see if you can borrow it, install it on your hard drive and see if it works with your disk.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Good point, hadn't thought of that.

ermm.gif
Guess I'll have to buy a new copy then.
Thanks, Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.