• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lionhead not present at E3 2013?

Aniratak

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this forum, so I don't know if I'm just repeating what someone else has already postet.. But here it goes..

I've always pictured Fable 4 as a launch-title for xbox "720". That means I think it will be announced 21 of May. But I checked the E3 exhibitor list, and Lionhead is not registrered anywhere... Doesn't that indicate that they don't have anything to present this year? It would be very strange if Fable 4 was to be a launch title for the new Xbox, but NOT presented at E3.. Does anyone know anything about this? Do some companies register for E3 late?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Since they have gone through a major restructuring I would imagine it would be some time until we see any progress on new projects.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Am I the only one not surprised?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They probably are just standing around the studio and looking at each other awkwardly. We also don't have any more dev documentaries, but I bet it would be about how they handle the scraps after Peter Molyneux and other key people left.

"So, what did you devs have today for lunch?"
"I think we ate that crusty bread found under the fridge..."

"Testers, how are you feeling?"
"Working 27 hours a day and I will get paid when the game is eventually released! I usually test excel stylesheets that are sent to Microsoft as the design team deletes the latest build every Friday."

"Welcome to Lionhead Studios. We make games I think."

Aniratak

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised. There have been rumors all over the place about Fable 4 as a launch title for Xbox.. I just recently read an article stating the same thing. So I sort of set my mind to it. But Lionhead not present at E3? Then I doubt it.. It will probably happen at next years E3 instead.. I mean.. How many years can you go without releasing something new that make an actual profit? Do they run the company on air and happy thoughts?

Aniratak

Reaction score
Judging from the last few years, I think they smoke pot and never open the windows.

Why on EARTH did they think that Fable: Journey would be a good idea? WHY!? And what is this MMO I keep reading about? Who made these silly suggestions? Is it this Peter I keep reading about? Both Fable 2 and 3 are on the bestseller list of all times.. Why change it to something completely different? Why not just keep on doing what they were doing and improve that? It seemed to work for them? Financially.. And in the end that is what keeps a company running.. I mean, if you make it to the bestseller list with your games that is an indication that you are doing something RIGHT. Who are these clowns anyway? They seem to have been treating the Fable series as some sort of experiment that led to complete disaster.. Are you having fun yet Lionhead!!!?? They have to take a few steps back and look at what people actually want.. They shouldn't dismiss what the fans are talking about. They should make a list of all the things people have said they want to see (and not want to see), and then see what suggestions are repeated the most..

Also.. In my opinion Fable 3 was heading in a bad direction.. They should correct that part. I actually recently saw an interview with someone working at Lionhead. They talked about how Skyrim had completely changed the RPG gaming community and that they would have to look at what Skyrim did right when they are making Fable 4. At least someone over at Lionhead has some good ideas..

One more thing.. If Lionheads next projects is as crappy as the last two, I'm seriously concerned that they will go bankrupt..

So.. It turns out Ted Timmins (developer at Lionhead) have been teasing about a secret project they are working on via Twitter.. So looks like there is something happening over there, and I bet we'll know more by the end of may..

Advent

The Bard King
Reaction score
Can you quote his tweet please as reffernce for those of us who dont conform to international trends such as twitter?

Aniratak

Reaction score
Can you quote his tweet please as reffernce for those of us who dont conform to international trends such as twitter?

Ted Timminis wrote: "This morning at Lionhead Studios my mind has been completely blown. Can't wait to show this off! #SuperTopSecret #Mindblown"

Aniratak

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I have a feeling that this "superTopSecret" he is talking about is Fable 4. There have been rumors of Lionhead making a fourth game for years now.. And according to this Tweet he "can't wait to show us".. Don't think he would have said that if he's not going to tell for years..

Aniratak

Reaction score
1. Don't multi-post, we have edit for a reason.

I tried to edit but it didn't work. Only error messages came up.. Didn't know it was that big of a deal...

It looks as though Lionhead is going to be on Microsofts stand. Checked out last years list..

Lenop

Boyish member
Reaction score
Didn't see this before, but...
I don't know about you, but I have a feeling that this "superTopSecret" he is talking about is Fable 4. There have been rumors of Lionhead making a fourth game for years now.. And according to this Tweet he "can't wait to show us".. Don't think he would have said that if he's not going to tell for years..

I tried to edit but it didn't work. Only error messages came up.. Didn't know it was that big of a deal...

It looks as though Lionhead is going to be on Microsofts stand. Checked out last years list..
Don't get your hopes up. With the affairs of Lionhead, hope is the road to disappointment and many of us here have walked that road many times before. Here's the thing. None of the important guys involved in Fable 1, TLC, 2 or 3 are at Lionhead or even Microsoft anymore. So any incarnation of something remotely resembling Fable as we remember it will come from somewhere else.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Is it this Peter I keep reading about?

Peter Molyneux no longer works at Lionhead, he runs a seperate studio now (22 Cans) Lots of the original members have left Lionhead & Microsoft Studios as Lenop said.

Aniratak

Reaction score
Peter Molyneux no longer works at Lionhead, he runs a seperate studio now (22 Cans) Lots of the original members have left Lionhead & Microsoft Studios as Lenop said.

Don't get your hopes up. With the affairs of Lionhead, hope is the road to disappointment and many of us here have walked that road many times before. Here's the thing. None of the important guys involved in Fable 1, TLC, 2 or 3 are at Lionhead or even Microsoft anymore. So any incarnation of something remotely resembling Fable as we remember it will come from somewhere else.

Ok.. So.. Lionhead owns the right to the Fable franchise, and none of the original Fable writers/creators are there anymore? So the game is sort of "lost" in between? Is there no more hope for Fable? The original creators won't be allowed to make anything from Albion and Lionhead just don't know how to do it right? I doubt Lionhead will ever sell the rights to the game.. Does this have something to do with why they made Journey? I thought I saw an article stating Journey as Peter's idea, and that he had ruined several games.. If this next project Lionhead is talking about fails like Journey did, then they are bound to go bankrupt.. Perhaps they will sell the rights then..

Advent

The Bard King
Reaction score
Ok.. So.. Lionhead owns the right to the Fable franchise, and none of the original Fable writers/creators are there anymore? So the game is sort of "lost" in between? Is there no more hope for Fable? The original creators won't be allowed to make anything from Albion and Lionhead just don't know how to do it right? I doubt Lionhead will ever sell the rights to the game.. Does this have something to do with why they made Journey? I thought I saw an article stating Journey as Peter's idea, and that he had ruined several games.. If this next project Lionhead is talking about fails like Journey did, then they are bound to go bankrupt.. Perhaps they will sell the rights then..
Unfortunately... we'll just have to wait and see. How many of you Enjoyed The Elderscrolls Morrowind? [[I have a relevent point to make.]] Well between morrowind and oblivian most if not all the original staff from morrowind were gone, And between Morrowind and Skyrim, im pretty sure all the original staff were gone. If Bethesda has taught me anything its that you dont have to have original staff to make a great game. From what i've heard The Journey wasnt a bad game if the hardware worked correctly. The thing that dragged Journey down was infact the Kinect, its a broken peice of equipment. That one bad decision lead to the downfall of that game, and they'll never make a stupid call like that again... i hope. There is always hope for fable, because in the fable world, in albion, anything is possible... Well except satisfaction with all the demondoors contents that is...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Most of the ideas men are gone but that doesnt mean the game cant go back to basics which it needs as every sequel has seemingly gotten further away from the original vision. Maybe this is what the franchise needs to reinvigorate itself as they still have some talented guys who work there.

Peters problem was that he was Microsoft's way of talking people into buying Kinect, he was essentially made to make it look good. I mean Project Milo 'looked' good but then they pulled the plug on it, however they wanted him behind a Kinect title which was when Journey was born. He was always disappointed with his own end products & was really self critical too, his vision was far greater than he could create budget wise. I dont think any of the games outside the casual party games have really sold well on Kinect so hard to judge if it failed as very few have scored well or sold well. I mean Kinect just isnt very good & I wish Microsoft would realise this & stop wasting time & money on it. Its a great idea & nothing more because in reality it doesnt even work very well.

Advent

The Bard King
Reaction score
Most of the ideas men are gone but that doesnt mean the game cant go back to basics which it needs as every sequel has seemingly gotten further away from the original vision. Maybe this is what the franchise needs to reinvigorate itself as they still have some talented guys who work there.

Peters problem was that he was Microsoft's way of talking people into buying Kinect, he was essentially made to make it look good. I mean Project Milo 'looked' good but then they pulled the plug on it, however they wanted him behind a Kinect title which was when Journey was born. He was always disappointed with his own end products & was really self critical too, his vision was far greater than he could create budget wise. I dont think any of the games outside the casual party games have really sold well on Kinect so hard to judge if it failed as very few have scored well or sold well. I mean Kinect just isnt very good & I wish Microsoft would realise this & stop wasting time & money on it. Its a great idea & nothing more because in reality it doesnt even work very well.
At least until the governments give up their hightech motion sensing software to the public, cause you know they got it ;]

Aniratak

Reaction score

Couldn't agree more.. This Kinect thing has been bugging me for a long time! When will they learn?

And.. I've been thinking about Fable 4 since I posted the last post yesterday.. I also thought that this might actually be what they need to sort things out. It can be a good thing! I keep reading these articles stating (unofficially) that Lionhead has has project that will be a launch title for Xbox. They DID hire people who could work on the new engine for the new consoles.. So I suppose we'll know more 21. May.. And last year Lionhead was on Microsofts stand on E3 so I suppose thats why they're not on the list this year as well..

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They DID hire people who could work on the new engine for the new consoles.

Last person I heard they hired was John Needham as their new lead, he was the CEO of Gazillion Entertainment (Marvel Heroes), and Cryptic Studios (City of Heroes). He was also chief financial officer at Sony Online Entertainment. So mainly had experience in MMO games.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So the rumors of the next Fable being an online game might not be far from true.

I cant see it being a straight up MMO but I can see that they are trying to improve the online features of the series as they have always been hugely lacking.