• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lionhead Ripping Off True Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceh913

Reaction score
I recently played Fable 3 again after having been gone (to Reach) for a while and found new items in the sanctuary shop.

I did some research and it turns out that the Highlander Outfits and Red Setter potion come with any game bought after they were released, but us sods who bought the game straight away have to pay for them! Now please correct me if any of this post is wrong but I think it is unfair that we who couldn't wait to get Fable have to pay more for stuff the other people get free. I'm annoyed

Also, if this post gives you a cOLD I'm sorry, but as I say I've not been on Fable for a while.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain that The Wheel of Misfortune was in the original game too, and was cut out to shell out as DLC. I mean, Reaver uses it...

Ceh913

Reaction score
Exactly! I mean, I'm not so annoyed about the other stuff, because everyone has to pay for them, but these two things are just annoying, no matter how little I want them, that's not the point

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
And then there's the case of the Dye Pack, the most obvious case of them all. When you've collected all the non-DLC dyes available in the game, there's still a couple of spots left empty where these DLC dyes fit in just nicely.

Could it be anymore obvious that they were cut out of the original game?

Ceh913

Reaction score
And I can't imagine dyes would have taken much longer to put into the original game tbh

Shoe

Reaction score
I got the game a day before it was released here in the UK, and in the game case was a code so you could download the Highlander and Setter dog stuff for free.

They suck by the way.

Khalin

Reaction score
I got the game a day before it was released here in the UK, and in the game case was a code so you could download the Highlander and Setter dog stuff for free.
Well, personally I like the male Highlander clothes [except the hat], they looked cool. I didn't use the Red Setter dog potion though.

Ceh913

Reaction score

They suck by the way.
whats this? I'm checking my box now!

RSVR85

Reaction score
I think the easiest way I could tell that the DLC's were already baked into the game was that 512MB worth of F3 DLC took mere seconds to download and install???

Khalin

Reaction score
I think the easiest way I could tell that the DLC's were already baked into the game was that 512MB worth of F3 DLC took mere seconds to download and install???
Huh, that's true, I noticed that as well. I guess it wasn't just me.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Just like any business, company, industry, etc., Lionhead and Microsoft are out to make money. Get used to it.

Erika

Reaction score
i like the red setter dog, and i love both highlander outfits. i like the hat too but it would be better if you could see your hair insted of being baled looking.

and i agree with the dye pack think. i was soooo pised about that.
i got the game at midnight the day it was released, preoerderd limited coloters edition two ^_^

Ceh913

Reaction score
OK, I just found the codes and downloaded the stuff. For some reason when I saw that booklet I thought it was the usual 48 hours free XBL gold. I am sorry I ever doubted you Lionhead :(

Khalin

Reaction score
Just like any business, company, industry, etc., Lionhead and Microsoft are out to make money. Get used to it.
Yes. Also, don't quote me on this but I believe that companies are strongly encouraged by Microsoft to make such things available as DLC so Microsoft can make a profit off of it. I read that somewhere so I'm not sure how true that is, but I don't think it's difficult to believe since they are a business.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Fable is dead to me.

RSVR85

Reaction score
What a great comment!
I just think it's a **** take when you pay for something and it becomes blatant what you paid extra for was there all the time....don't even get me started on the dyes and hair pack.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Yes, because it's completely OK to let capitalism rape art.

I'm not saying it's okay. I'm saying that it won't change no matter how much people bitch about it. Would I prefer it if they left all of that stuff like the dyes in the game instead of making it DLC? Yes, of course I would. However, I'm pretty sure that all of the Fable 3 DLC that has been released so far collectively costs less than $10. To me, that's just not worth complaining over when I know nothing will change.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The gaming industry hitting mainstream popularity was the worst thing to ever have happened to it. You try and pull stuff like this off during the late '90s or early 00's and you'd gone out of business.

RSVR85

Reaction score
that's just not worth complaining over when I know nothing will change.

It's exactly that attitude that allowed companies to take the **** in the first place. Things can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.