• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lionhead Ripping Off True Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's okay. I'm saying that it won't change no matter how much people bitch about it. Would I prefer it if they left all of that stuff like the dyes in the game instead of making it DLC? Yes, of course I would. However, I'm pretty sure that all of the Fable 3 DLC that has been released so far collectively costs less than $10. To me, that's just not worth complaining over when I know nothing will change.

Either things wont change because people stop complaining about things they don't like (your way), or things might change because some companies actually care about the customers (my way)

Keyan

Reaction score
Wait, what about the wheel? Mine works...and I don't recall buying any DLC for it...or maybe it was included on that card that came in the package. Or was it bundled with something else?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
It's exactly that attitude that allowed companies to take the **** in the first place. Things can change.

Capitalism will never change.

Either things wont change because people stop complaining about things they don't like (your way), or things might change because some companies actually care about the customers (my way)

Certain companies might care about their customers to a certain extent, but that won't stop them from doing things like this. Microsoft knows that people will still buy the DLC, and they will still turn a pretty decent profit off of it.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
You're missing my point entirely. Why not complain if it might actually mean that change happens?

Faedil

Reaction score
You're missing my point entirely. Why not complain if it might actually mean that change happens?
Complaining on this forum isn't going to change anything. if you want your voice to even have a chance of being heard you need to go complain on the official Lionhead or Microsoft forums (or better yet, write them a letter directly).

As far as the DLC goes, it is what it is people. The game companies need to make money just like everyone else does. yes, the dye and hair packs were obviously "missing" from the base game...but I think things like guacamole or queso sauce are obviously "missing" from my Chipotle/Moe's burrito...but I still have to pay extra for them. and complaining to the cashier about the extra cost doesn't do me any good, so complaining here isn't productive either.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I think things like guacamole or queso sauce are obviously "missing" from my Chipotle/Moe's burrito...but I still have to pay extra for them. and complaining to the cashier about the extra cost doesn't do me any good, so complaining here isn't productive either.

Actually, complaining about the DLC on here wouldn't really be like complaining to the cashier at Chipotle. It would be more like complaining to the rest of Chipotle's customers, which would do even less. There's nobody from Lionhead or Microsoft here. We are merely their customers. If you really want to get through to them, do something more direct like Faedil said. Write a letter, make a phone call, send an email. I wouldn't bother contacting Lionhead though. It's definitely more Microsoft's doing.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, but Necro is saying that there's no point in complaining anywhere. Gotta stand up for your rights, which is ironically what Fable III was about.

CЯ0W

Reaction score
Microsoft gave lionhead a due date that they thought would be just before lionhead finished the game so that they could make money buy releasing the stuff lionhead didn't finish as a dlc

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
What abour the damn dye pack then?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Confused: what are these "rights" we are meant to be standing up for?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Our right to awesome games from creative dudes who know how to make them and stuff.

I'm pretty sure the founding fathers meant to put it in the bill of rights.

RSVR85

Reaction score
Capitalism will never change

I'll just link you back here, just incase i didn't make myself clear
tongue.gif

Necromancer11 said:
There's nobody from Lionhead or Microsoft here. We are merely their customers
You speak for yourself. For all you know i may be a Microsoft employee.

Our right to awesome games from creative dudes who know how to make them and stuff.

I'm pretty sure the founding fathers meant to put it in the bill of rights.

Hear hear Sir!

Microsoft gave lionhead a due date that they thought would be just before lionhead finished the game so that they could make money buy releasing the stuff lionhead didn't finish as a dlc

Is that really how it works? I doubt it. Most DLC will be decided early on. As Arseface said, what about the dyes (for one example), they were clearly built into the game from the off and just hidden away from us until MS heard the "chaching" and then attempt to fool us by saying its a 250MB download. i just cant see top brass saying; "What? You haven't finished the dyes yet? Oh well, **** it, ship the game without and we'll do it later (man)"
I'm no business guru by any stretch and stand to be corrected but that model seems ****ed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.