• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne

Reaction score
Locations

One of my favorite parts of Fable are the locations, from cities and towns to wooded areas and swamps. I love these areas, exploring them, figuring out their respective history (Oakvale = Wraithmarsh), and enjoying the scenery.

What are your favorite previous locations, and from what you've seen, what do you like the most so far Fable III wise? Will Mourningwood be a byproduct of Wraithmarsh? Do you really think the Fable II cities will be gone by Fable III? What's your favorite type of location? City? Town? Deserted Graveyard?

FOR instance. I really love abandoned places, so one of my favorite places in Fable II to explore was of course, Wraithmarsh and more specifically the old Oakvale section. I've seen a picture of Millfields, in Fable III and there's a large manor house that looks very rundown. I'm very excited about that place, and to explore it.

Overan

Reaction score
Re: Locations

The new Bowerstone seems quite appealing, and wraithmarsh was very sad as we know it was once a prosperous and peacefull village.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

I like forest areas, the scenery is nice. But i also have a love for exploring old ruins. :D

GrimWhim

Reaction score

I enjoy the graveyards. Anything dark and without the living cheers me up.

Of course, as a self-proclaimed lover of all (useful) knowledge, I enjoy learning the histories of these places as well.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

I HAVE to be in a city.

Bowerstone was perfect. Bloodstone was fine. Oakvale was meh. Who goes to Westcliff? I hated the open forests and all, save Bower Lake which was fun to explore when I got Fable II.

Mourningwood, hah, like Morning Wood. A Boner you have when you wake up, for those of who do not know.

So eh, you might see me in Bowerstone a lot.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

tjbyrum1;422993 said:
I HAVE to be in a city.

Bowerstone was perfect. Bloodstone was fine. Oakvale was meh. Who goes to Westcliff? I hated the open forests and all, save Bower Lake which was fun to explore when I got Fable II.

Mourningwood, hah, like Morning Wood. A Boner you have when you wake up, for those of who do not know.

I think EVERYONE gets the Mourningwood joke.

Vibranceee

Reaction score

i loved oakfield in fable 2, for my family. so any country villlage equvilant in fable 3 will be where my family and i shall be :)

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

Bloodstone was my home for the majority of my time spent playing.
I just wished that there were more people about to massacre.
That's one thing I want remedied, the lack of a realistic number of inhabitants.

GunSlingerTeen16

Balvarine Enthusiast
Reaction score

I myself love creepy or wooded areas, so knothole from the first fable was my place to chill, and in Fable 2 you'll find me in the howling halls bashing in balvarine's heads

Lynne

Reaction score

I probably spent most of my time in Bowerstone, but I'm hoping to find something different this time. I want a nice, lovely home, but.....I want it in an inhabited area. Oakfield was nice but it was too sparse with the population and convience of shops/weapons/etc.

redfable

One with the force
Reaction score

tjbyrum1;422993 said:
I HAVE to be in a city.

Morning wood just lets your girlfriend know that you love her in the morning just as much as you loved her last night.

I personally like to spend my time in open areas of the game, places that usually have large bodies of water like the ocean or a large lake.

Lynne

Reaction score

redfable;423402 said:
Morning wood just lets your girlfriend know that you love her in the morning just as much as you loved her last night.

:p:kiss:

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

I think Bloodstone was my favorite area in the game, no guards ;'D
I also loved Oakfield, very relaxing...Until the screaming started o_O (Oakfield rampages ftw)

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

GrimWhim;422996 said:
I think EVERYONE gets the Mourningwood joke.
I don't... (just kidding).

Anyway, I love exploring and reading all books (and in due time, figure out the history of, for instance, Wraithmarsh/Oakvale as aforementioned). Keeps me busy for a while, but it's worth every second of it. I must say that Oakvale used to be one of my favourite locations in Fable, and came as quite the shock when I discovered the truth. Didn't make me hate Reaver for that though; love his personality still.

Beside that, I usually spend my time in very crowded areas, yet also at very abandoned ones. Good locations, which I think are, would be Wraithmarsh, Bower Lake (it was beautiful when I played it for the first time, seeing a huge flash and then the lake!), Forsaken Fortress (in Brightwood) and pretty much every single area behind each Demon Door. Have to admit that one - I believe it was the one in Bloodstone - demon door's content scared the hell out of me when that beautiful area turned into a deserted, dreadful one.

And as a side-note: even though I like evil matters a lot, I always find myself choosing the bright path for some strange reason. I wonder if yet the same thing will happen once I'm playing Fable 3.

sirsimon

Reaction score

I love old ruins, and there will be plenty on fable III

LyNxY yO

Reaction score

HOOK COAST BEST PLACE EVER!

AND I HOPE IT RETURNS IN FABLE 3 <3 :wub:

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

I also hope they'll be exposing more "areas" of Bowerstone (e.g. being "Old Town", etc.). Bowerstone is way too big to not be expanded.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

LyNxY yO;424180 said:
HOOK COAST BEST PLACE EVER!

AND I HOPE IT RETURNS IN FABLE 3 <3 :wub:

Hook Coast was pretty cool but there's a 99.99% chance it won't be returning. Most of the stuff from the original never did so I don't see why they would make an exception for that.

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score

I liked bowerstone market area just because when my character would wake up she'd be greeted with a cute "Hello mummy" and then i'd run out my door and go and buy some yummie veggies! But i really liked the Winter Lodge too. Scared the pewp out of me the first time!

Lynne

Reaction score

No lie, I loved having my little ones come up with their cute phrases. I just wish I could have hugged them or touched them. Instead I just gave them money.

Status
Not open for further replies.