• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lucas Tempus: Time Guardian

Lupus

Reaction score
Lucas Tempus: Time Guardian

First off that is a working title second of all none of the story is ready to be posted yet it needs proof reading THIRDLY THIS IS NOT A FABLE FAN FIC!! However i do have a blurb type thing for you *clears throat*

When a young boy helps an old man in need his whole world is thrown into chaos. Now entrusted with an ancient sword that can cut through the fabric of time and space he must hone his new found abilities or everything he knows and loves will pay the price. Chaos cannot win. The elves are coming. Death is coming. Blood will be shed. A warrior will be born. A guardian will fall.

Oooh it's all dramatic sounding =P anywho better give a lil summary Lucas Tempus he's amazingly average...at everything. Well except being average. That is until he falls into this epic plot. Think Dr Who meets High fantasy with a dark brutal twist. Everything is on it's head the elves are chaotic evil beings and magic can quite literally tear away at your body and soul. The themes are basically the opposite of normal fantasy stories. Rather than love prevails over all its more you better get it right or you wont get a second chance. I hope to look into the brutality of the human condition and draw parallels between "normal" people and evil. Play on the theme of "anyone can and will do evil if the conditions are right." I want there to be parts in this story where the reader hates with all his being the actions of Lucas, more so than they hate the bad guy at that point. Then i wanna flip it on its head again and show them why he's done that and make them see that it's exactly what they would have done.

I'll be the first to admit it's ambitious and I've addressed similar themes in previous (unfinished) stories but I'd like to think I've grown up a little since then. Hopefully I'm not doing a peter molyneux here =P.

P.S sorry for any bad spelling or grammar but I've literally typed this out as my break from proof reading the first chapter and desperately want to get back so i can upload it in the next couple of days.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Lucas Tempus: Time Guardian

Sounds good. Can't wait.

Lupus

Reaction score
Re: Lucas Tempus: Time Guardian

Thanks i'm proof reading the first few chapters as we speak but wont be able to get them up for a couple of days due to exam revision =)

EDIT: it's been a week and is getting riduculous however revision comes first and i honestly havent had time as off yet. Another reason it is taking so long is i am rewriting a scene within the chapter that needs a bit more atmosphere and seemed rushed. Will have it up asap but dont be surprised if there is a very long wait.