• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

lvls in fable

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skormsfury

lvls in fable

would lvls be fun in fable or make stupid?;)

[11]=(><)=[11]

Re: lvls in fable

It would be an improvement from growing old...and given tons of cash and lives :p to bring back my heroish figure.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I kind of like the age changes but they could maybe incorperate the two together somehow.

[11]=(><)=[11]

I just hope they allow us to die of old age in the new one :'( cause i nvr have enough cash for avo and skorm is too ficle about who he wants dead.

[11]=(><)=[11]

Personaly i liek theage thing but i wish they lowered it to like 50 or somthing.

SorenSwift

Berserker
Reaction score

Im actually sad you couldnt get old, id of liked being old, and everyone knows its sweet having the long hair and tramp beard and wearing the dark/bright wizard outfit with the dark/bright wizardhat/

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Levels would spoil Fable.

V

Vegeta

SorenSwift said:
Im actually sad you couldnt get old, id of liked being old, and everyone knows its sweet having the long hair and tramp beard and wearing the dark/bright wizard outfit with the dark/bright wizardhat/
Thats what i love doing.... its sweet to get all the mage powers and where dark or light wiz outfit with a nice tramp beard to go along with it.:)

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

Actually, it would spoil it a little. In my opinion.
It would be too much of a hassle to level up, and would be really annoying.
The exp. spending is just fine.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Chicken Chaser said:
Actually, it would spoil it a little. In my opinion.
It would be too much of a hassle to level up, and would be really annoying.
The exp. spending is just fine.

Like i said they should combine the system with the age system to deepen its meaning alittle. I can see where your coming from though.

S

Skormsfury

Dark Drakan said:
Like i said they should combine the system with the age system to deepen its meaning alittle. I can see where your coming from though.
thanks drakan:'(

C

Crims0n_m00n

If your levels could have some impact on your aging system, like say, higher level characters age slower. or something like that, maybe, might make it a bit more interesting. but thats just another stupid idea that popped up. maybe someone already said it, maybe not. I just thought, what if.

Hehe. then you could be kicka$$ strong and ultra sezzy.

D

DrZoid

Hmm sh*t idea.

I'd prefer to not have any experience points or leveling up in Fable 2. Since the game is all about being real and interacting with the world and stuff... I'd like to be able to get stronger by fighting enemies with a sword or giant hammer and not by levelling up my stats in the guild. Like in real life, you can go to the gym and lift some weights but you don't know exactly how strong you've become or are becoming... just that you know you know you fall over if you try and pick up a sword thats too heavy :p.

I'd prefer to have to figure out the best ways to build up strength rather than just gaining as much experience points as possible and using them to build up whatever stats you wish.

L

Loki

TRA Rotid said:
Levels would spoil Fable.
Depends on how you look at it. I found Fable to be very easy to beat. Even without using the little trick to get quick money I manged to buy or find enough armor/weapons to easily surpass the game. If they added levels maybe it would make the game more of a challenge.

But, another side of it is that Fable would lose the free world experience I know and love. The same feeling you get when you slaughter a hoard of bandits without barely a scratch and there wouldn't be near as much time to do what you wanted like get hitched due to the 'omfg I wanna be lv 50 ><!' feeling. You'd be so busy grinding (leveling) you'd have less time for fun. A drawback of MMOs which is a lot like fable. Interaction, fighting, etc etc

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Loki said:
Depends on how you look at it. I found Fable to be very easy to beat. Even without using the little trick to get quick money I manged to buy or find enough armor/weapons to easily surpass the game. If they added levels maybe it would make the game more of a challenge
Yes it would:)

Loki said:
But, another side of it is that Fable would lose the free world experience I know and love. The same feeling you get when you slaughter a hoard of bandits without barely a scratch and there wouldn't be near as much time to do what you wanted like get hitched due to the 'omfg I wanna be lv 50 ><!' feeling. You'd be so busy grinding (leveling) you'd have less time for fun. A drawback of MMOs which is a lot like fable. Interaction, fighting, etc etc
I don't think it would take away from the "free world" experience much I mean look at Morrowind and Oblivion.....

L

Loki

True. I didn't even think about it like that. Although I only played Morrowind III so I can't really say much on that idea but I see where you are getting at for sure and in a way you are right. But most of the times when levels are incorporated into a game it means weapons and armors and monsters turn into levels as well meaning you'd have to be a certain level to use that awesome sword all of your friends have.

That and most people aren't much into FF due to the level system. Most people think leveling is redundent and tiring. I mean who wants to go grinding for an entire day just to get 1 level? But then again itd be on how they set their exp chart so that factor may not come into play until you were like level 100 or so

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Loki said:
But most of the times when levels are incorporated into a game it means weapons and armors and monsters turn into levels as well meaning you'd have to be a certain level to use that awesome sword all of your friends have.

I mean who wants to go grinding for an entire day just to get 1 level? But then again itd be on how they set their exp chart so that factor may not come into play until you were like level 100 or so

Well yes your right about that but I doubt that will happen to Fable 2....

But it's only like that in MMORPGs...........

Status
Not open for further replies.