• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Magical Shenanigans

Swiff

Reaction score
Magical Shenanigans

Those of you who are even the slightest bit familiar with the spells of Fable 2 are obviously familiar with Vortex and the effect it has on any enemies or objects in its path. For those of you who are not however, the reader's digest version is that Vortex creates a... vortex... that lifts whatever it touches up into the air and spins them about, often flinging them off of cliffs in the process. Most of the time, it looks rather mundane, but I have found a few particular cases where its ability to twirl random ground clutter through the air creates some rather impressive visual effects.

I invite you all to post any interesting, cool, or amusing visual effects you've been able to produce through the use of spells!

EDIT: Examples listed in RED are from users other than myself.

Flaming Whirlwind

For this one, you'll need to find a mass of crates and/or barrels. Set inferno as your level two spell, and Vortex as your level one. Make sure you are very near to them, then charge up and use your level two inferno in its area form twice. Then, quickly use Vortex in area form. Depending on the number of objects you set fire to, the result could range anywhere from a few twirling fireballs to a massive pillar of flame surrounding you.

Bonedancer

This is a bit harder to perform, if only because the objects required are somewhat rare. There are few places in the game that possess large piles of bones, but I have found that The Hobbe Cave (the one you enter when first heading for Oakfield) works best. The actual process is simple: Find a suitably large pile of bones, and let loose an area Vortex spell. If you have a necromancer themed character, an immediate casting of Raise Dead after the vortex spell looks absolutely glorious.

Grisly Tornado (Arc Caster)

Similar to the above two, but with a bit more gore. Simply find a large group of bandits, target and shoot off their heads, then let loose the vortex.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Re: Magical Shenanigans

Vortex with Decapped Heads is pretty sweet. Nice stuff, my brother does the Flaming Whirlwind one a lot.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

+rep

Thanks for the very interesting information. I can't really think of anything to contribute though, all I ever found fun was turning people to skeletons with shock and "Executing" people with my fully charged and aimed Blades spell. I also love how it rain when you fully charge a Vortex spell.

Swiff

Reaction score

Nice one Arc! I've modified the original post. It's a proper list now! Anyone with magical tomfoolery to share will get their Effects added to the list along with some tasty Rep.