• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Max Payne 3 multiplayer "crews" transfer to Grand Theft Auto V

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
tes.jpg
Rockstar have revealed a couple more details about the Multiplayer for their highly anticipated sequel in the Max Payne franchise (first details were posted here). They will be allowing you to create your own 'crew' or join up to 5 other 'crews' through Rockstars Social Club. Studio co-founder Dan Houser had the following to say:

Multiplayer is an ever-more important part of all our games moving forward and by creating crews through Social Club, the crews that you create in Max Payne 3 will be ready and available for you to play in Grand Theft Auto V from day one. It's all part of our larger approach to make multiplayer deeper and richer than what's currently available, much more easily accessible to the newcomer and rewarding for the hardcore.
We made a promise not to talk too much about forthcoming games until a little further down the track but, yes, crews will feature in Grand Theft Auto V multiplayer. Max Payne 3 will let you form private crews with your friends, or join public crews. You can be a member of up to five at the same time, and completing tasks as a crew will gain you XP points. Among the crew features promised are persistent Feuds, that see you scrapping with opposing gangs who've killed someone on your team.
Max Payne 3 is coming out on May 15th in North America and May 18th everywhere else, no word on GTA V's release yet.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Is this similar to Red Deads "posse" feature?

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I didnt play max payne or red dead. But I've a rough idea of what they mean, might refresh the GTA franchise, even though I did enjoy GTA 4

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Is this similar to Red Deads "posse" feature?

I believe its a more advanced version of it, posse's lasted rounds didnt they and they broke up when you logged off? These will remain active so long as you are a member of the crew and you can track all your crew stats and XP achievements on Rockstars Social Club online and via an in game menu.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
I see! That's much better. The quality of rockstar games at the moment makes Max Payne a must buy for me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I see! That's much better. The quality of rockstar games at the moment makes Max Payne a must buy for me.

I agree, Rockstar are one of my favourite developers and the quality of their products just seems to be improving year on year. I preordered Max Payne 3 a while ago and I didnt even play the original 2.