• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

mercenaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skormsfury

mercenaries

has anyone ever played mercenaries
950664b.jpg

B

blu phoenix

Re: mercenaries

and it's by lucas arts...i have heard it's a great game...just haven't gotten it yet...

S

Skormsfury

blu phoenix said:
and it's by lucas arts...i have heard it's a great game...just haven't gotten it yet...
yep i only got a demo but the demos awesome:)

S

Skormsfury

u can have air strikes and tanks helicopters if u can see it u can do it

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Heard it was pretty good but never played it.

B

blu phoenix

Dark Drakan said:
Heard it was pretty good but never played it.

ah man....was hoping you had cause i wanted a review..*sigh* oh well...

D

DrZoid

I bought the game when it first came out ages ago. It was really cool at first being able to blow things up and ride all these cool army vehicles and stuff. But after a while it got kinda boring.
I ended up selling the game after about a week... It is a really good game though and worth a rent.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
I bought the game when it first came out ages ago. It was really cool at first being able to blow things up and ride all these cool army vehicles and stuff. But after a while it got kinda boring.
I ended up selling the game after about a week... It is a really good game though and worth a rent.

I think that perfectly sums it up as a VERY short review to be honest as it is what i have heard most about it. Fun for a while but appeal eventually wheres thin and then its over.

B

blu phoenix

DrZoid said:

yes thx zoid. not sure if i'll get it now...oh what the hell i'll just get it sometime and try it out...

D

DrZoid

Dark Drakan said:
I think that perfectly sums it up as a VERY short review to be honest as it is what i have heard most about it. Fun for a while but appeal eventually wheres thin and then its over.

I couldn;t even be bothered to finish the game. It felt as though every mission was the same and felt too much like GTA at times, except there wasn't really that many recognisable landscapes and most of it was mountains or emptiness... well thats what i remember it to be like anyway.

blu phoenix said:
yes thx zoid. not sure if i'll get it now...oh what the hell i'll just get it sometime and try it out...

Might as wel just rent it. Around here to rent an old game like that would cost around £2 for 7 days. (about $3.5/$4)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

DrZoid said:
I couldn;t even be bothered to finish the game. It felt as though every mission was the same and felt too much like GTA at times, except there wasn't really that many recognisable landscapes and most of it was mountains or emptiness... well thats what i remember it to be like anyway.

Might as wel just rent it. Around here to rent an old game like that would cost around £2 for 7 days. (about $3.5/$4)

Seems like a fair point.

H

hpdarkman

one i rented it once its cool goin to the russian district and puttin c4 on the big bridge lookin statue and blowin it up and stealin helicopters ....but you guys have it good for like 8 days here at blockbuster its like $8 a game

L

LiMpBiZkit

DrZoid said:

ive played it at one of my mates house and seems like a great game but its will eventuly get boring and there is no way to escape it!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

LiMpBiZkit said:
ive played it at one of my mates house and seems like a great game but its will eventuly get boring and there is no way to escape it!

Seems like thats the main thing people are saying about it, Mercenaries 2 is coming out soon.

D

DrZoid

Dark Drakan said:
Seems like thats the main thing people are saying about it, Mercenaries 2 is coming out soon.

Oh awesome. I'll definatly be renting that...or 'borrowing' it from a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.