• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Microsoft to reveal plans for 'gaming on Windows' in Jan

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
_77925321_f3138577-5005-46d8-a180-06fa25755714.jpg

Xbox head Phil Spencer will make an appearance at a special Windows 10 event in January to discuss the company's future plans for its Windows gaming division. He has long stated that it was their goal to show how dedicated they are to the PC market as well as their Xbox gaming brand after the PC side had been neglected for years. The event will be taking place at their Redmond HQ on Jan 21st and will see lots of the heads of Microsoft all getting together to outline their plans for Windows 10 and gaming will be a BIG part of that reveal.

Microsoft's Xbox business has enjoyed a successful end to 2014, with Xbox One being the best-selling console in both the US and the UK in November.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
I'm hoping for big news on this. I have a feeling that Microsoft is going to hit 2015 really aggressively. Likely the price of the Xbox One will not go back up. According to their launch day promise the 360 would have three more years of new games and sales but it would continue to be supported after. If they can transition the 360 users that would be a major plus in their column. There was talk about making the platform virtual so that it could be played in a browser. I expect that wouldn't happen until after it stopped selling. I also predict that they will announce their VR headset in January.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Rumour has it they are readying an announcement about the VR headset at the moment & I think they know they dropped the ball with certain policies on the XB1 & with games for windows being nothing more than an afterthought. Hope they continue the momentum they have built up over last few weeks into 2015.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
They must have got scared with Valve pushing Linux for all the steam machines. People don't trust Microsoft software anymore and they want a more reliable platform hopefully Microsoft can sway the people back into good graces and be the monolithic monopoly they are known for.

Well keep us updated Drakan 2015 looks like big news for gamers.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They must have got scared with Valve pushing Linux for all the steam machines. People don't trust Microsoft software anymore and they want a more reliable platform hopefully Microsoft can sway the people back into good graces and be the monolithic monopoly they are known for.

Well keep us updated Drakan 2015 looks like big news for gamers.

Well Windows 10 looks pretty impressive from the reveal yesterday with Xbox One to Windows 10 streaming and Steam support too. Cross platform play between PC and Xbox One also with Fable Legends being confirmed as a title that allows this.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm so glad Microsoft is doing a 180 and taking steps to democratize the gaming industry.

People criticize Microsoft for all of their policy changes and reversed decisions but I applaude that they actually seem to listen these days and are trying to please fans. I mean years ago Microsoft would largely ignore things like Steam and would never mention them in press conferences and now they are showcasing their features on Steam and allowing their own features and systems to be linked with others and that is great and a real turnaround from the Microsoft of 10 years ago. There is talk of them looking into a feature where you can also stream PC games to your XB1 not just your XB1 games to Windows 10 devices. Phil Spencer has really helped turn them around and I think they are on the right track now after the disastrous PR of the XB1 first announcement.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
People criticize Microsoft for all of their policy changes and reversed decisions but I applaude that they actually seem to listen these days and are trying to please fans. I mean years ago Microsoft would largely ignore things like Steam and would never mention them in press conferences and now they are showcasing their features on Steam and allowing their own features and systems to be linked with others and that is great and a real turnaround from the Microsoft of 10 years ago. There is talk of them looking into a feature where you can also stream PC games to your XB1 not just your XB1 games to Windows 10 devices. Phil Spencer has really helped turn them around and I think they are on the right track now after the disastrous PR of the XB1 first announcement.
I hope they do good on windows 10 and sparta. They have been focusing so much energy into hardware, trying to be another Apple but Microsoft is a software company that's where they need to dedicate their passions on. Bill Gates life goal really stuck out to me. 'I want every person in the world to own a computer and I want all those computers to be running windows.'