• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Missing John Cleese's dulcet tones... (Jasper will no longer speak to me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorp

Reaction score
So after downloading the latest patch, Jasper (whom I almost constantly refer to as 'John Cleese', as in "John Cleese doesn't approve of my outfit today.") has taken to giving me the silent treatment. He no longer welcomes me to the Sanctuary, won't explain the functions of any of the rooms, and, most disappointingly, no longer comments on the absurdity of my various shenanigans. What happened to him?? So far I've tried restarting the Xbox, fiddling with the sound settings, and er.. dressing as a chicken. ("You're dressed as a chicken! What.. what are you going to do, dressed as a chicken?") Nothing seems to have helped. Please, I beg of you! How can I restore the voice of my dear butler!?

Rachierae

Reaction score
So after downloading the latest patch, Jasper (whom I almost constantly refer to as 'John Cleese', as in "John Cleese doesn't approve of my outfit today.") has taken to giving me the silent treatment. He no longer welcomes me to the Sanctuary, won't explain the functions of any of the rooms, and, most disappointingly, no longer comments on the absurdity of my various shenanigans. What happened to him?? So far I've tried restarting the Xbox, fiddling with the sound settings, and er.. dressing as a chicken. ("You're dressed as a chicken! What.. what are you going to do, dressed as a chicken?") Nothing seems to have helped. Please, I beg of you! How can I restore the voice of my dear butler!?

Hahaha :)

This is a well known bug, I have also had this. For me he stopped talking on my second run through the game, it was after I found my first gun. It seems if he has something to say to you he wont talk again until he has said it. Walking into the armory fixed it for me (he told me about the augment bonuses, then got all chatty again). For some people it has happened due to co op play, and re-inviting someone to there world has fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.