• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

modding scars question

T

Templar

modding scars question

I know that you can't get rid of scars in game only by modding but i have a question that i think not many people think about...at least i couldn't find a thread on this...really i searched for a while...BUT can you add a scar to your character by modding? OR at least make it so you can this one specific scar from in game and just that one? I really like this one scar on the face that goes from the nose down over the lip to the chin. I like it alot but i just want that one...is there a way?

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: modding scars question

You would need to use FableExplorer,
Open CREATURE_HERO
Single click CREATURE_HERO,
Open CCreatureDef,
Single click FFF38E28 Skin Effects.

Now comes the hard part:

You will need to make a copy of the game.bin file and it aside in MyDocuments.
Delete all the face skin except one, go get hit in the face, see what scar show up. if it is not the one you want, replace the game.bin. Delete all face scars except one, a different one, go get hit in the face, see what scar shows up.
Repeat this process until you get the face you want.

Have fun,

Jason

T

Templar

sweet! thanks now i just need to get that 360 controller layout so i can start playing...the mouse controls are a leetle to hard for me to understand i guess...

T

Templar

ok ok i got my layout its pretty nice but i still want to try others...i was in my teen years and i got hit only twice...fromt hat i got 2 scars on my face...very light but not the ones that i wanted...IN MY TEEN YEARS...i find that odd...i wonder if they will carry on to adulthood...i hope not...

T

Templar

they did...i even got new scars for no reason...they just popped up

jwc2200

Reaction score

Did you delete most with FE? I mean did you get rid of some of the face scars? all but one?

T

Templar

na im going to try that right now...i just wanted to play up to adulthood before i started testing

T

Templar

O and another thing where is a good place to put backup files? ive heard in the Microsoft folder before the actuall fable folder or in the documents with the saves/photos/custom tats...

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score

i dont know, is there a way to inflict the scars in FE?

jwc2200

Reaction score

No way to inflict scars using FE. You have to get scars in-game, but you can delete them one at a time using FE.

where is a good place to put backup files?

Since I make alot of changes daily I keep a "mod tools" folder:
My Documents,
My Games,
Fable,
Mod tools.

The MOD TOOLS has subfolders, and some sub's have sub's

BACKUPS has:
original bigs+bins, modded bigs+bins, original Final Albion(tng's), modded Final Albion(tng's). I can just select and copy to original folder.
Modded bigs+bins has subfolder for different save profiles, ie game.bin w/stronger weapons,
game.bin normal weapons w/stonger spells.

EXPLORERS has:
a 'zips' folder with FE, AE, AR, +24 TRN, FR and cbox.
a folder for each unzipped file.

FMPS folder,

MODS folder,

OBJECT LISTS folder, has decompiled names list broken down by type.

TEXTURE MODS has:
weapons folder, which has; ORIGINAL WEAPS, DENIM WEAPS,+BLACK WEAPS.
clothes folder, which has each type of suit folder, each suit type has a folder for originals, and dark, bright, and neutral modded.

I guess I answered your question and then some, got kinda carried away, but there it is.

Jason

T

Templar

...what? (yes you did get carried away) but WHAT?!

jwc2200

Reaction score

Put them in MyDocuments\MyGames\Fable, you can make a new folder in the Fable folder for backups, or just leave them scattered around in the Fable folder.

Do not put them in MYComputer\Programs\MicrosoftGames\Fable - The Lost Chapters folder, that may get confusing later.

When you need to replace a .big or .bin file, select the file you want, click Edit, Copy to Folder.
Do not do Edit, Move to Folder, or you lose your backup.

Write down what folder the original file came from also, if you mess up a file and delete it, you will want to know where to replace the original file to.

game.bin and script.bin originals go in the CompiledDefs folder,
graphics.big original file goes in the graphics folder,
textures.big original file goes in the graphics\pc folder
text.big original file goes in the language\english folder,
effects.big original file goes in the misc\pc folder,

All those folders are in MyComputer\Programs\MicrosoftGames\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data folder.

T

Templar

cool...i don't think i will need to worry about delete any files though...but yea just in case

jwc2200

Reaction score

Have the game crash 6 or 8 times in one day and see if you don't get angry and delete alot of stuff, lol.