• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Modding? What programs?

H

HARDCORe

Modding? What programs?

Ok I wanna make a new place which is a modded picnic area! with the program you use (whatever it is) can u choose a texture like Table_01 and click to place it! also I wanna make my own shaped weapons...How do I do this? which programs do I need for both of these????:(:ninja::cool:

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: Modding? What programs?

You need AlbionExplorer, Fable Explorer and FreeRoam.

Get FableExplorer, FreeRoam, and some modding info here:

http://forums.projectego.net/new-modding-fable-3352/

Get AlbionExplorer with Albion Resources(wizard templates) here:

AlbionExplorer+ Resources.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

Get info on using the AE wizard here:

http://forums.projectego.net/spawning-chests-1771/

You can rearrange the Picnic Area with AlbionExplorer. To add objects that are not available in the AE wizard, take the script for that object from another Region .tng file, copy it, paste it to a new notepad document so you can edit it. Use an object from the AE wizard to create your UID and place it where you want your table to get those coordinates, be sure to right click and check 'to ground'. Once you have copied the UID and coordinates close the region and click no when it asks if you want to save. Now add that UID and coordinates to the script you got earlier, then copy the script and paste it in the Picnic Area .tng under "XXXSectionStart NULL;" .
If the object has a Village UID other than 0, you need to also copy that UID from some other object in the Picnic Area and paste it to your table script.

I have never done any new weapons, or changed any of the weapons.
To make a new weapon, you need a 3d modelling program like:

blender.org - Get Blender

It will take some getting used to all this, but it is not really hard to learn.

Good luck,

Jason

T

Templar

...What?!? I did not understand a word that you said...unluckily Oblivion was easier to mod:'(...Really the Construction set let you literally make a new part of the map in under 10min and put in a complete city with filled shelves...objects...blah blah blah AND people that don't just stand around...plus you throw ina quest or two in those 10 min...
And thanks for the blender i can now make weapons at an amature scale...

jwc2200

Reaction score

Fable modding is easy too. It just seems like alot because I told how to do an object that AE doesn't add using its wizard. Study .tng files for a few minutes and you will get a good idea of how scripts work. Each type of object/creature has its own type of script. Once you learn those types it is easy to spawn anything you want, and with AE for coordinates it is easy to place it in a region.

I cleared out the DmDoor at the Bordello, put in all four stocked traders, a fountain, a bed and a bench that teleports me to Snowspire so I can get weapons cheap early in the game. All of that took about 30 mins.

T

Templar

oi Morerunes...I did download ChocolateBox from a thread...AND YES I have used it...It is like the Construction set yet still harder to understand...Region editor is exactly like it...except tools/keys are a leetle different. By the way, I want to place stuff into some maps but when I go to add a new item nothing shows up even when i try to find it...

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score

freeroam or albion explorer isnt need. it depends on what you want to mod

T

Templar

...well ya wit ChocoBox you don't need Fable Explorer also...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

sijli;180653 said:
freeroam or albion explorer isnt need. it depends on what you want to mod

Freeroam does make Fable ten times more awesome though. :p

T

Templar

I still don't get Freeroam >.< I don't get how to use it/what it does

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

In technical terms it's... dull.

In-game wise; It "unlocks" the boundaries of the game, so where it looks like the Hero could wander off the road - he now can!

Basically; unless there is a fence or something in the way, you can go there.

Like this: Free Roam

T

Templar

cooooooooooool...how you do that?

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

Templar;180618 said:
oi Morerunes...I did download ChocolateBox from a thread...AND YES I have used it...It is like the Construction set yet still harder to understand...Region editor is exactly like it...except tools/keys are a leetle different. By the way, I want to place stuff into some maps but when I go to add a new item nothing shows up even when i try to find it...

use capital letters, the names are the same as in FE

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

I haven't released the tower as a mod yet, so you can't do that yet, but you would go to things>>new teleporter and search for sign and use OBJECT_BW_SIGNPOST_PLAQUE_01
then click where you want it to be

then choose your map (you can't make new maps, so you need to edit another map) and click where you want it to teleport to