• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Modern Warfare 3 in Development...

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Modern Warfare 3 in Development...

logo-1updotcom.gif

...But Hampered by Legal Dispute.

Activision's counter-suit against fired Infinity Ward employees confirms Modern Warfare 3 is in the works.

The fact that Modern Warfare 2 raked in obscene amounts of money basically made a third entry in the franchise a forgone conclusion, but it turns out Activision Blizzard's counter-lawsuit against fired Infinity Ward heads Jason West and Vince Zampella also made it official: Modern Warfare 3 is already in development. The bad news for gamers is the legal dispute, according to Activision, is delaying the project's pre-production.

In their counter-suit, Activision claims that West and Zampella (before they were fired) were intentionally delaying the pre-production of Modern Warfare 3 in order to use it as "leverage in their negotiations with Activision" (via Kotaku). Activision also says in the case that the duo's alleged secret meetings with their "closest competitor" (almost certainly Electronic Arts) contributed to the delays, and that "as a direct and proximate result of this breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, Activision has been forced to commit additional resources to Modern Warfare 3."​

Not sure if this is old news or obvious but I thought I'd post it anyway.​

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Modern Warfare 3 in Development...

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

No.

No.

NO.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Damm. I thought the storm was over! I hate that game. Urgh. I hope they get more than fired...like...lose their liscenses of some sort for some reason.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I have four things to say.

1. It was obvious they'd make a new MW. If you played MW2, then you'd know. The ending was a total cliffhanger.

2. Evan. I'm sorry but I can't accept the opinion of a Halo fan and tbh, that was a bit harsh. IW are amazing.

3. Hopefully they'll win the court case. Activision.

4. Tyloric, if you don't like it, don't play it. Just as you said to Skotekal about ME having multiplayer.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Oh ya it was so obvious, what with them being fired and all...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Activision should give the CoD rights to its rightful owners, the creators of the game and creators of Call Of Duty. Not just take the license and hand it to who they see fit. On the other hand id like to see Respawn Studios create a game where they are free to do as they please with it without Activision pulling the strings. Infinity Ward were amazing developers who created some great games until Activision clipped their wings and hampered their creativity i really hope that their new studios can bring the fun back to their games.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Evan;407804 said:
Oh ya it was so obvious, what with them being fired and all...

I said from the ending... They weren't fired during MW2.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;407802 said:
I have four things to say.
2. Evan. I'm sorry but I can't accept the opinion of a Halo fan and tbh, that was a bit harsh. IW are amazing.

1. Halo and CoD are both equally good in different ways.

2. Infinity Ward are horrid bumbling oafs.

3. It isn't harsh at all to be glad they were fired, they made a sequel to a game, got it over hyped, made the campaign a complete wank, made horrible game plot and feature decisions, and then manage to further **** up the game as bad as they did.

I feel cheated for buying the $100 dollar edition.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Firis;407817 said:
1. Halo and CoD are both equally good in different ways.

2. Infinity Ward are horrid bumbling oafs.

3. It isn't harsh at all to be glad they were fired, they made a sequel to a game, got it over hyped, made the campaign a complete wank, made horrible game plot and feature decisions, and then manage to further **** up the game as bad as they did.

I feel cheated for buying the $100 dollar edition.

Infinity Ward were awesome, until Activision milked them dry and stopped them running with their own creativity. Then forced a new CoD game down peoples throats every year by making 2 companies develop it. If Infinity Ward were allowed the time they wanted to develop a new title then it wouldnt have had a short campaign, weak plot and as many online bugs as it had. Blame Activision not Infinity Ward, the same Activision that fired the creators of CoD just after they had made it the biggest entertainment launch in history. Didnt pay them their bonuses or most of their wages and they tried to take the franchise of them in a lawsuit. Also charge monthly to play CoD online (which they are still pushing to do).

Best thing to happen would be for Bobby Kotick to resign and leave the games industry alone. Hes a money grabbing moron who is only interested in leeching any cash he can from any franchise and has no interest in what gamers actually want. He lives in some dreamworld...

Kotick wants CoD subscription service

Kotick wants to weaken Xbox Live and PSN dominance

Best article ive seen on him...

Bobby Kotick is 'a total prick', blasts Schafer