• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Molyneux apologises over demo mistake

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
fablethejourney.jpg
It seems Peter Molyneux wasnt entirely happy with the footage he showed of Lionhead's upcoming Kinect title Fable: The Journey and has stated that the game IS NOT on rails...

... I made a horrendous mistake on the press demo of taking out the navigation allowing players to move. I'll just state on record now that Fable: The Journey is definitely not on rails.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cvg

http://www.youtube.com/user/cvg

Lucky Strike

Reaction score
if we can use the PAD i MAY play it.. MAY! only for story purposes..

tahmfoolery

Tahm!
Reaction score
Eff that dude. I dunno about anyone else, but I don't wanna break a sweat dodging, ducking, dipping, diving and dodging just to kill a group of Hobbes. When I game, it's a zen time for me. I sit on my couch with my controller in my hand and some snacking treats next to me, and I just chill and do work. I mean, I'll probably get the new one, just because I have all the Fable games and I like having complete sets of games, but I probz won't play it. I'll be too busy kicking ass and taking names in the new Halo's, Skyrim and Saints Row The Third. :3

Twilight

Reaction score
Hate kinect.

Kinda obvious PM wants to develop a Kinect game but shame he's using the Fable brand to essentially get people interested in it. I hope this game is just something to get this Kinect obsession out of his system. I really don't want to see it play any part in future Fable games.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
They should have continued work on Project Milo. Though it wasn't a game, it did look interesting.

Hate kinect.

I really don't want to see it play any part in future Fable games.

And don't worry, cause the guys making the Journey are completely different from the guys making Fable 4. Actually, the guys that were SUPPOSE to do Project Milo are making The Journey. More than likely, they might just abandon this game as well.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Half of PM's videos seem to be him announcing **** ideas, and the other half seem to be him saying "I'M SO SORRY GUYS I'LL DO BETTER NEXT TIME PLEASE DON'T HATE ME"

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Fable is Lionhead's cashbaby they should do their innovations in brand new titles and then only use successful techniques in Fable. Fable tlc was simple, simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication E=mc^2

Fable 2 wasnt nothing amazing but it delivered. This is just stupid I want more then the quarter slot arcade machine I want a 360 computer game.

And what is the storyline anyways? Running the whole time?? Get granny across the road?

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
I̪͎̘̖̯̳̮ ̼̝̖̘̣t̶̗h͡į̤͕͎͕̥n̡̫͚̪k͏͍̪ ̪̻͙̳͔̀ț̥͈̰̰͎͙h͚̦̥̖̙͙i͏̱̤̥̝͎͉̥s ̼͍̤͠i̜͢s̴̟̳̥͚̰ ̬͟a ͖͉͚͔̝hó̱͔̟r͏̜̫̗̠r̨̤̪̙̪̞̞ͅi̗b̪̺l̟e̻ ̩̳ͅi͍͝d̴̖̻̻̭ḛ͔̰̳̩̤a̢͈͖̝,̛͉̣̱̲ ͕͔͡ͅK̵̼̹̼͓̖I̸̱̫N̛̻EC͏̱̳̩̦̪̗T̥̕ ̛̘̪͖̺̟̗i̗s̠͎͇̯͟ ̛̰̣̭͉̝g̬͕o͚͍̗̟i̜͈̜͓͍͞n͍̤̦̜͙͖g̠ ͇̟̹͔͘t̩̮̮o͏̥̮ͅ ̥͙̞͠t͕̤͚̪̗͇͙o̭t̺̺͙͔̜a̻̝̻l͖̫͉͇͔͉̫ļ̞y̻̰ ̸̣̯͈͕ru̜̘͠ͅí̜̠̼͇̬̙n ̘͚͖̭͔̟̦a̵ͅn͕̳ỳ ̺͙͕̹͙͢c̢̯r̞̱̪̗̦̹̟͟e̘̼̳̯͖d̷i̸̘̜̣̭b̻i͘l͎̫̟̪i͘t̩̹͔͚͕͖̞ý̫͙̰̘͖̻̳ F̫̫̹̲͈͇a̹͇͇̯͍̯͚͟b͍̺̗͉̟̮͉͝l̴̩͈̗e ̧̞̩o͍̻̮̟͚̝͞ͅn̠̦͖͇̟͙̲c͎̠̗͡e̟̤̕ ̵̫h͇͔͡a̪͉ḓ̛.̵̹͚͉

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well, well, I really hope this game will be good-at least playable.The use of Kinect to create magic in various ways is interesting.Although, I’m glad it’s not a rail game, I’d hope it doesn’t get too much ”new” stuff though.Being a side-story and all that.

EDIT* Apologises Lacky i was on an old browser at work and your message didnt display properly.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
not on rails eh? ill believe it when i see it...