• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Molyneux spills on Fable 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Molyneux spills on Fable 2

Peter Molyneux as usual didn't have much to show at Microsoft's X06 event this week, but he did share afew details and ideas for the forthcoming Fable 2.

He spoke about the world, which is now significantly more dynamic thanks to the Xbox 360's power. In Fable 2, Molyneux explained, if you come across a small campground you can either befriend its inhabitants and or kill them, which will have direct consequences later in the game where the camp could have either grown to a bustling village, or remained un-touched depending on your actions.

Once again, you start things off as a small child in Fable 2, only this time you have the option of having either a male of female character. Apparently, female characters will realistically physically develop as they age, and Lionhead has developed a physics system accordingly.

Fable's marriage system has also been bumped-up in the sequel, this time allowing you to knock-up the missus and have some kids. According to Molyneux, your kids will imitate your actions, exchanging a loving hug if you're good and showing off their latest tattoo if you're bad. Fable 2's antagonist, Lucien, will apparently target your wife and kids if you have any, which will certainly be an interesting gameplay feature to watch play out.

Scavenging the last of Molyneux's offered tid-bits, cut-scenes have apparently been chopped from Fable 2 entirely, Molyneux calling them "last generation," and the combat system - which the Lionhead boss was keen to tiptoe around - will apparently be "new and fresh."

And after all that, we're also told that Fable 2's most impressive feature is still very much under wraps.

D

Darkside Hazuki

Re: Molyneux spills on Fable 2

Thanks for the info +rep. Can't wait to see how the new combat system turns out. It's already looking pretty entertaining, judging by what we saw in that "barfight" video.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Darkside Hazuki;23870 said:
Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see how the new combat system turns out. It's already looking pretty entertaining, judging by what we saw in that "barfight" video.

They did say that wasnt anything to do with Fable 2 but who knows with Peter Molyneux :p

F

FableFreak

Wow that sounds so AWESOME!!!!

D

Darkside Hazuki

Dark Drakan;23873 said:
They did say that wasnt anything to do with Fable 2 but who knows with Peter Molyneux :p

Oh, ack. That's a shame, but... Yeah, who knows with this guy. He'll spring some stuff on us soon, I'm certain.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

That sounds really cool. I can't wait. ^^;

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

"Once again, you start things off as a small child in Fable 2, only this time you have the option of having either a male of female character. Apparently, female characters will realistically physically develop as they age, and Lionhead has developed a physics system accordingly."

They have a whole new system developed only for boobies!

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

Ho**** nice. Thats possibly the most cream in the underwear news I have heard in quite some time. Lucien... who the funking wagnals!!

This sounds too awesome, thanks for the info Drak ^_^

Edit: BRIGHTWOOD!!! BLOODSTONE!!! Locations look yummy enough to eat.... whores of Albion would be edible as well!!!!! Has anybody seen those crazy images from the French or Japanese sites? Apparently property ownership plays a big part in the new game, you can own literally everything. The acorn thing is back... well not back as such but in there somewhere. Oh and also there is some huge 500 mile high building which is intricate to something or other and Lucien kidnaps your sister which is what most of the plot revolves around... thats if the supposed 'interviews' with Molyneux are to be believed and ah ah ah ah the crazy thing with the bird ****ting on your head as an intro to demonstrate how much of a **** poor little street urchin you start off as O_O

*gasps for breath* Information overload....

K

kizdabest

i wouldnt like to eat the whores of albian weirdkid you dont know where theyve been!!

N

Nocfear

WHAT WHAT BARFIGHT VIDEO WERE SI IT I MUST SEE IT.

fable 2 is like a strong drug, you just get addicted.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Nocfear;28637 said:
WHAT WHAT BARFIGHT VIDEO WERE SI IT I MUST SEE IT.

fable 2 is like a strong drug, you just get addicted.

This one:

http://forums.projectego.net/new-vid-778/

BUT IT IS NOT FABLE 2, JUST USES FABLE ENGINE TO DEMONSTRATE HOW THEY WANT FIGHTS TO BE.

N

Nocfear

I cant view that is sucks so much... I really want to see it and I think I may just have to wait till this weekend to view it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.