• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Money Making Guide (Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ointmentz

Money Making Guide (Spoilers!)

If you ever run broke, this guide might help.
Also, if it's possible, could this be stickied if it gets popular?

For ANY CHARACTERS:

Beginning: When you first start out in Bower Lake, don't go in the tomb right away. Search the lake as much as you can, you will be able to find weapons, clothing, dyes, money, potions (there is a Potion of Life.) and more that could help you get some starting capital.

If there is ever a sale on in a Jeweler store or a Weapon store, stock up on as much as you can, and then sell it to another store where there is no sale happening. You will end up making anywhere between 25% to 75% profit.

Best Way: (You will need around 10 000 for this part.) When you first get to Oakfield, go buy the weapon store and then buy as many weapons as you can. Then sell the weapon store and sell all the weapons you bought. It will start out slow, but when you earn enough money to buy every weapon in the store, you will earn about 39% profit. (So if every weapon in the store costed 10000, you would be making 3900 per buy/sell.)
Do this until you have around 75 000 gold, and then do it in Bowerstone, and then you can

Random Ways:
Buy 5* dyes from random clothing traders. Sell them to actual people, they may be bought for up to 1 million!

For EVIL CHARACTERS:

Bad way: A way to gradually make money is to get a Golden Touch augment, put it in a weapon, and then go on a mass killing spree with the weapon with the augment in it only. You'll make some money for every villager dead.

At the end of the game, if you don't care much for your dog, take wealth.

For GOOD CHARACTERS:

At the end of the game, if you don't care much for your dog, take Wealth. Then get married if you already haven't and give your spouse 30 000 gold. You will immediately get all the good points back.

Anyway, feel free to point out anything that you think should be up there and I will most likely add it.

Thanks!
-Ointmentz

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: Money Making Guide (Spoilers!)

Handy guide. Very good for newcomers. Rep for you.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

I cant remember how I made my money but I have in excess of 30m, not glitched. Money is too easy to get, what with online trading. Good effort with the guide but I'd say every guide that can be written for Fable II has been written.

O

Ointmentz

Urahara;293577 said:
I cant remember how I made my money but I have in excess of 30m, not glitched. Money is too easy to get, what with online trading. Good effort with the guide but I'd say every guide that can be written for Fable II has been written.

That is true, I suppose.
If this was written before, I didn't know about it, however, this might help others anyway.

And Zjuggernaut, thanks for the +rep

Also, feel free to expand on my guide as well.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

nice guide +rep

another handy thing is to find a cheap 1 star house (or any house you can afford) get the owner to love you, or kill them if your evil so you can buy the house even cheaper. upgrade the funiture in the house to luxury (5 star) and rent it out, doing this you can make a house that gives you around 30 gold for rent into the hundreds. it will take a while but if you do this to every house you own you will be collecting tons more rent than usual.

this is great for evil character that go on crime sprees all the time, as your economys are all probably 1 star and so the furniture in the houses is all crap, so upgrade it to collect way more rent, especially if your corrupt.

then whenever the furiture store is having a shortage, sell off the old furniture you took from the houses, you wont be making a profit because the 5 stars cost you way more, but there is no reson to hang onto it.

Wazillafirefox

A masked man
Reaction score

Another way is to buy a bunch of reall estate, disconect from xbox live and set the clock as far ahead as possible load the game again and in a few seconds you should have all of the money earned in that time. also if you have a kid he/she would have been older and cities have change. if you gave Baurum (however it is spelt) 1000 gold in westclif it has turned into a small city from a bunch of shops and hobos, but only i reaver hasn't killed him yet.

C

CooperRichardson

Shirosaki;293577 said:

The online business market is challenging these days. You can fill your pockets with millions and trillions with effective online business strategies and techniques. Log on to www.1kadayhome.com for all kind of help you need.

mr man

The local mind controller
Reaction score

in bowerstone market buy all houses for rent and put the rent price up to 100% do the same with all shops the save and quit go to Xbox 360 dashboard [if you Xbox live unplug it] and change the year to 2025 when yo back on your file you should get an income of…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………1 million gold and you can do that whenever you want.yaaaaaaay lets have a party and we can invite all of the little dots

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

Random Ways: Buy 5* dyes from random clothing traders. Sell them to actual people, they may be bought for up to 1 million!

Really?

Like... actual people as in true people over XBox Live? Or other sellers?

---

Cool, I will surely use this guide when I start playing again.

Rep for you mista suh!

Status
Not open for further replies.