• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

More magical creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaEv

Reaction score
More magical creatures

I was thinking about how limited the use of magical creaturs in Fable is, especially Fable 2.

I don't know if it has been discussed or not already but it would be nice to see a greater range of creatures in a greater range of roles.

For example maybe some advanced magical creatures in one or two small comunities or some NPC magical creautes contributing to the overall plot.

Peter Molyneux did mention at some point that ancient and magical creaturs would feel threatened and pushed aside by industriliastion so that could be capitilised on more effectively if the idea of magical creatures was used more in Fable 3 than it was in Fable 2.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Re: More magical creatures

I agree with you. I never liked the fact that there was a limited use of magical creatures in both Fable and Fable 2. The only real "magical" boss(es) were, in my eyes, Maze and Jack of Blades. Perhaps some new creatures and the such would make things a lot better. Fable 2 was alright, but too many bandit-like NPCs, which was a shame in my opinion.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

yeah, it would be nice if as a revolutionary you would have to deal with the kings army, and hordes of magical creatures trying to retake the land. bandits are fun and all but there are just too damn many.

ideally, i'd hope that the magical wildlife of albion could be as diverse as oblivion...

lop145

Reaction score

yeah it would be great to have birds and stuff dont you think.
and i hope fable 3 is not too far in the future beacause it wouldnt be fable anymore.
let magical creatures rule the world.
or destroy it.:)

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

I agree. The Fable universe seems to lack the flair and wonder that many other RPGs share. It makes the world seem kind of empty, you know?

I, for one, would love to see some enemies that aren't humans, hobbes, balverines, and undead. Perhaps some new trolls or some giant worms or demonic entities. I'd also like to see some mystical creatures that aren't enemies. It would be funny to see a jackalope running around.

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

There were hardly any new enemies in Fable II. Sure, there were spire guards and highwaymen but they are still human. The only new non-human thing (which isn't another version of a monster such as the one swamp troll) I remember were the shards. I don't really mind that much though since fighting those enemies was fun enough.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I liked the lack of magical creatures. It makes the game feel less like a generic Dungeons and Dragons RPG, and more like what it is supposed to be: a Fable.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;345239 said:
I liked the lack of magical creatures. It makes the game feel less like a generic Dungeons and Dragons RPG, and more like what it is supposed to be: a Fable.

I agree, I didn't want to play another World Of Warcraft.

Fable's don't usually have dragons flying everywhere and magical pixie horses killing villagers. But I do think that they could have been a bit more original about the creatures in Fable II.

I would add something like... you'r walking through the path to oakfield and all of a sudden members of the assasin society jump out and try to kill you, they could have made the bandits stronger to, you just 2hit or 1hit them all through the entire game.

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

Some of the monsters could certainly have been more challenging, I agree, although they could still be human.

GaEv

Reaction score

Arseface;345239 said:

There is a definition of a Fable:

The word "fable" comes from the Latin "fabula" (a "story"), itself derived from "fari" ("to speak") with the -ula suffix that signifies "little": hence, a "little story".

Though in its original sense "fable" denotes a brief, succinct story that is meant to impart a moral lesson, in a pejorative sense, a "fable" may be a deliberately invented or falsified account of an event or circumstance. Similarly, a non-authorial person who, wittingly or not, tells "tall tales," may be termed a "confabulator."

An author of fables is termed a "fabulist," and the word "fabulous," strictly speaking, "pertains to a fable or fables." In recent decades, however, "fabulous" has come frequently to be used in the quite different meaning of "excellent" or "outstanding".

it came from wikipedia but my point is you can't use the definition of the word Fable to say what should be in any future game

Status
Not open for further replies.