• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

More thinking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourtey

Reaction score
Archon descendants are immortal (Theresa, Hero of Oakvale, Scythe)

The hero of Bowerstone could have faked death for unknown reasons. Maybe to allow the hero of fable 3 to prove himself by defeating the crawler.

The hero of oakvale should make an appearance in a future game because its never stated that he is killed.

The spire was used to wipe out the entire world and ended the old kingdom to make way for a pure one. The kingdom of Albion is becoming corrupt again. Maybe someone (Theresa) will make the same wish and essentially "reboot" Albion.

Maybe all the descendants of the Archon are planning on creating a new world.

Im just trying to figure out how all the games will connect in the series. i really hope they do come together eventually... because right now its all separated.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
It's a possibility, I would not rule it out. It's strange that the hero of Oakvale is hardly mentioned in Fable II and III.

Jamin

Reaction score
ya especially when his sister is a main character. however i do agree if such a thing happened it would be quite cool indeed but either way id imagine fable 4 would be more of a tying the games together game. who knows though. hmm or atleast give a bit more information and make a fable 5 as the end and have it tie em together completely. hmm so hard to say we shall all have to wait and see. i for one cant wait.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
my biggest hope for Fable 4 is that Lion Head don't try and rush it out, and they actually take some time to design a game that will really bring back hope in us Fable fans in the franchise.

Reaction score
Yes i agree with u as always "wing", im just not lookin forward to it maby going into the modern times

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
That's not true. Scythe a.k.a. William Black is immortal either because he was the one who developed Will and that has given him ample power to make himself immortal or because he's dabbled in necromancy and this would explain his current appearance. Then again, that could be due to what he did in order to obtain the Sword of Aeons. Theresa happens to be that way because of something involving a Mongolian, I don't remember precisely what happened. The Hero of Oakvale, however, has not been mentioned that often but it is implied that he is dead.

Same goes with the Hero of Bowerstone. You're never directly told they're dead but it is implied in one way or another.

If Theresa wanted to "reboot" Albion, she would have done it by now.

There's definitely some connection between the three games but there's so many gaps in the lore and history that it's really just an incoherent mess.

Aruu

Reaction score
Same goes with the Hero of Bowerstone. You're never directly told they're dead but it is implied in one way or another.

One of Ben Finn's letters definitely confirms this. He'll mention that the King/Queen died when he was a kid.

I like the idea of the heroes still being around in some shape or form. Then again, part of being a hero is accepting death. It wouldn't mean anything if all what you did didn't have an ultimate price if you failed.

Rudimentree

Reaction score
I like the idea of the heroes still being around in some shape or form. Then again, part of being a hero is accepting death. It wouldn't mean anything if all what you did didn't have an ultimate price if you failed.

No, no, being a hero is about accepting minor facial scarring if you fail.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
No, no, being a hero is about accepting minor facial scarring if you fail.
hehe.

anyway, descendants of scythe arent immortal. only theresa has been known to be immortal because of some ritual i dont know much about.
and im guessing if the hero's were to be immoral, it would be that they dont die of age. and could die of injury.

there is a potion of immortality mentioned in a book found in the kings bedroom in fable 3 though.

Veryl

Reaction score
Theresa making the wish to "reboot" Albion would be a great way to make the game go back to the Old Kingdom ways like Fable 1. Shes always been kinda shady so it could fit.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
Theresa making the wish to "reboot" Albion would be a great way to make the game go back to the Old Kingdom ways like Fable 1. Shes always been kinda shady so it could fit.
yeah, but it would sorta kill the canon in my opinion.
i would prefer for it to either be a new game based in that time period. or for perhaps aurora to become developed into a state similar to fable 1.

Veryl

Reaction score
yeah, but it would sorta kill the canon in my opinion.
i would prefer for it to either be a new game based in that time period. or for perhaps aurora to become developed into a state similar to fable 1.

How would it kill the canon?

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
to me, because its basically theresa destroying the 550 years of build up to the present state of albion.
a side-game based on an older period would please most, since it keeps both stories and lets people enjoy both periods.
also, going back to an older period gives more limits and restraints.

though i think it would allow for better story lines and better, stronger magic.

Veryl

Reaction score
I don't think anyone truly knows what Theresa planing. I just started playing Fable 2 again and I'm at the point where Hammers father is killed. I think Theresa had a hand in getting him killed because right before you go into the cave with Hammer, Theresa said something to the fact that Hammer would be of no use to us if she stayed pacifist.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
I don't think anyone truly knows what Theresa planing. I just started playing Fable 2 again and I'm at the point where Hammers father is killed. I think Theresa had a hand in getting him killed because right before you go into the cave with Hammer, Theresa said something to the fact that Hammer would be of no use to us if she stayed pacifist.
but there is a book in fable 3 that says hammer felt aroused when she touches Theresa's hand.
and something else about hammer which is seriously weird.

Aruu

Reaction score
but there is a book in fable 3 that says hammer felt aroused when she touches Theresa's hand.
and something else about hammer which is seriously weird.

I love that book so much. However, it's not supposed to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately.

But I agree with Veryl, I've always thought Theresa had a hand in Hammer's father getting killed. It's no coincidence it happens right after Theresa mentioned Hammer's no use to her without a reason to want to fight.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
I love that book so much. However, it's not supposed to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately.

But I agree with Veryl, I've always thought Theresa had a hand in Hammer's father getting killed. It's no coincidence it happens right after Theresa mentioned Hammer's no use to her without a reason to want to fight.
what about reaver on reaver? that has quite alot of questions.
i do remember one part where hammer asks lucien during the ritual how he knew, and lucien said he merely listened.
that led me to believe lucien owned a guild seal, since you can communicate through them.
so theresa does have links with lucien, such as Lucien's nightmares about her. and both lucien and theresa wanting the spire.

Aruu

Reaction score
Well Pangs of Sunset (I think that's what it's called offhand..?) is done in the style of a trashy romance novel. So it's to be taken with a pinch of salt really, because the author is only writing about people she/he loosely knows about. I mean, I for one, would be delighted if it turned out to be based on true events.

As for Reaver on Reaver (giggity), I think it's Reaver exaggerating as usual. He's very fond of himself, he's bound to write things that make him look more awesome than he already is. I wonder if he did kill Garth though, he mentioned he had a plan to, but it cuts off before you can hear whether he did or not; no doubt deliberately.

In the end, Theresa seemed intent on one thing, getting the Spire built and under her control. In the end her last request is that you leave the Spire to her, and her alone. She could have well had links with Lucien, because in the end, she was on no-one's side but her own, really. It was just in her best interests for him to get killed.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
One of Ben Finn's letters definitely confirms this. He'll mention that the King/Queen died when he was a kid.

I don't remember getting any letters from him.

Death isn't something you should just "accept".

Well Pangs of Sunset (I think that's what it's called offhand..?) is done in the style of a trashy romance novel. So it's to be taken with a pinch of salt really, because the author is only writing about people she/he loosely knows about. I mean, I for one, would be delighted if it turned out to be based on true events.

As for Reaver on Reaver (giggity), I think it's Reaver exaggerating as usual. He's very fond of himself, he's bound to write things that make him look more awesome than he already is. I wonder if he did kill Garth though, he mentioned he had a plan to, but it cuts off before you can hear whether he did or not; no doubt deliberately.

In the end, Theresa seemed intent on one thing, getting the Spire built and under her control. In the end her last request is that you leave the Spire to her, and her alone. She could have well had links with Lucien, because in the end, she was on no-one's side but her own, really. It was just in her best interests for him to get killed.

It's actually been confirmed that, that book is nothing more than an in-game fan-fiction.

She uses it to magnify her seer abilities, that's it. I think you're definitely making it seem more than it actually was.

Status
Not open for further replies.