• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Morphing System Demystification

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
hello everyone. do your eyes hurt from that really long word in the thread title? mine do, my fingers to having had to type it.
demystification
AHHHH IT BURNS

here's a rough definition if you just can't be bothered to interpret what that godforsaken mass of letters means:
the process of removing uncertainty and/or misconceptions.
Morphing System Demystification - the process of getting all the ins and outs of the morphing system established, so their exact functions are black and white from this point forward.

i wanna know how to influence the way my weapon looks and handles, and i'd rather be able to turn to a thread that clearly defines how to do so. if you make a post that's clear and informative, a quote will be added to the original post so all can see.

so, i'm gathering that the weapon morph system is not as advertised. as i understood it, your weapon automatically changed shape based on what you used it for. having plaid for about 2 hours now, that doesn't seem to be the case.

it looks like your weapon only changes form when you purchase an upgrade for it on the "symbolic plot area".
am i wrong? because i'd only just acquired a ranged weapon, and it seemed to morph as well.
if you've been playing religiously for these past *checks date and time* 37 hours can you confirm if what you use the weapon for has any automatic effect on the weapons appearance? because that isn't how it looks.

furthermore, i was hoping that you would have to hunt down augmented base weapons to start upgrading which you would find later in the game - this also proved to be false. you give your weapon augments by completing a certain "side quest" for it which is viewable in the sanctuary.

this is what i've figured the system is so far, though PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!
i'm not trying to be a douche and say what is and what isn't, i wanna know the truth and i'm saying what i've gathered it may be from the amount of time i've played.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
So, I realize this is an old thread, but I was just googling for info on the morphing system, and when projectego came up I just had to use this thread.

I'm not sure what augment sidequests you're talking about, because I haven't played much, or because it doesn't exist. Or you're talking about the legendaries.

The weapons do only morph when you level up that type of weapon... but as far as I can tell, they ALL level up. And that's where I'm confused. I haven't used my sword at all, but it's all curved and spiky and badass-looking. So, why is my weapon leveling up-- and leveling up differently from my hammer-- when I haven't been using it? Does it get the same effects as the hammer, and just get modified by the gamerscore-seed-thing they mentioned? Or what?

AcireJumi

And what an impression you've made. :D
Reaction score
The weapons do only morph when you level up that type of weapon... but as far as I can tell, they ALL level up. And that's where I'm confused. I haven't used my sword at all, but it's all curved and spiky and badass-looking. So, why is my weapon leveling up-- and leveling up differently from my hammer-- when I haven't been using it? Does it get the same effects as the hammer, and just get modified by the gamerscore-seed-thing they mentioned? Or what?
The Hero's Sword and Hero's Hammer pretty much morph together. When you open the Melee chest on the Road to Rule, your weapons (both sword and hammer) evolve. You don't have to be using the sword, but it grows with the hammer.

However, they will not look the same. EX: My sword has an arcane hilt, while my hammer has an elegant pole (I believe, I never really look at it).

Other weapons (legendary), I believe, have a set morph (or it's coincidence that my guns look the same as my sisters).

Does that help?

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Legendaries all morph differently, just the same as hero weapons. Basically, the morphing system affects all weapons equally, though what they morph into can (or not) be different from each other and other players. You open the 3rd level chest for Melee, and all your melee weapons get morphed, or same for ranged weapons.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I also remember having a discussion here abou your weapon getting wider and stronger if you blocked and flourished more often. This is FALSE, weapons have a set amout of damage depending on your and their level.
BTW there's no Gamerscore seed

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
I also remember having a discussion here abou your weapon getting wider and stronger if you blocked and flourished more often. This is FALSE, weapons have a set amout of damage depending on your and their level.

Discussion my butt. Molyneux himself claimed that your weapons would morph that way. What a load of tosh.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Discussion my butt. Molyneux himself claimed that your weapons would morph that way. What a load of tosh.
Yes, but after the game was released, a member here claimed his pe-... sword was wider, longer and stronger fter he used it that way.
Don't blame Moly, you'd be expected to to know whatever he says won't make it by now.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
Yes, but after the game was released, a member here claimed his pe-... sword was wider, longer and stronger fter he used it that way.

ROFL

Peter could sell shoes to legless people and hype them up that they change colors based on how you walk. And he'd still be filthy rich.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
Not neccesarily.
On one playthrough, my sword finished at around one-hundred damage. On another playthrough, my sword was ridiculously weak, at a mere seventy-six damage.
I think there is a truth to weapons morphing based on their use, however minor this may be.

The morphing system isn't anything like it was supposed to be. I was looking forward to having a nice, simple broadsword. However, in every playthrough, I got the essentially unavoidable 'Bone' upgrade. (Supposing you didn't use Inferno all throughout the Reliquary).
What happened to the 80,000 combinations?
More choice, more detail, more diversity. And what happened to Blacksmithing? And the removal of the other weapon types? Bad idea. :wat:

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Not neccesarily.
On one playthrough, my sword finished at around one-hundred damage. On another playthrough, my sword was ridiculously weak, at a mere seventy-six damage.
I think there is a truth to weapons morphing based on their use, however minor this may be.

The morphing system isn't anything like it was supposed to be. I was looking forward to having a nice, simple broadsword. However, in every playthrough, I got the essentially unavoidable 'Bone' upgrade. (Supposing you didn't use Inferno all throughout the Reliquary).
What happened to the 80,000 combinations?
More choice, more detail, more diversity. And what happened to Blacksmithing? And the removal of the other weapon types? Bad idea. :wat:
It's not the sword, it's you Hero level.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
The Hero's Sword and Hero's Hammer pretty much morph together. When you open the Melee chest on the Road to Rule, your weapons (both sword and hammer) evolve. You don't have to be using the sword, but it grows with the hammer.

However, they will not look the same. EX: My sword has an arcane hilt, while my hammer has an elegant pole (I believe, I never really look at it).

Other weapons (legendary), I believe, have a set morph (or it's coincidence that my guns look the same as my sisters).

Does that help?

No, because I KNOW that they both level up. And I know they level up different.I have been sitting there watching it. What I don't know is how it chooses what it levels up as. And why they're different.

Though, subsequent to this thread, I did find another thread that implied it randomly selected a possible look out of those you met the requirements fo.

Which is, frankly really stupid.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
No, because I KNOW that they both level up. And I know they level up different.I have been sitting there watching it. What I don't know is how it chooses what it levels up as. And why they're different.

Though, subsequent to this thread, I did find another thread that implied it randomly selected a possible look out of those you met the requirements fo.

Which is, frankly really stupid.

Basically, it's determined my 'Morph Pools'.
These Morph Pools open when you complete a specific task.

E.G, when you kill a Hollow Man with your sword, you've opened the 'Bone' Morph Pool. This will add the possibility of getting a 'Bone' morph.
Use Inferno, you've opened the Arcane 'Morph Pool' adding the possibility of a Arcane morph.

Now, when you consistently complete the requirements in these Morph Pools, the chance of getting that morph will rise.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
I could have sworn I saw a weapon with a gamerscore morph...

Well, here are probably some of the lesser known morphs:
RequiredValue 10800
TrackedStatName STAT_TIME_PLAYED
NameTag INV_ITEM_WEAPON_LIVING_PRIMARY_NAME_TIME

RequiredValue 120000
TrackedStatName STAT_MULTIPLAYER_PEOPLE_PLAYED_WITH
NameTag INV_ITEM_WEAPON_LIVING_PRIMARY_NAME_MULTIPLAYER

RequiredValue 7200000
TrackedStatName | STAT_MULTIPLAYER_TIME_PLAYED
NameTag | INV_ITEM_WEAPON_LIVING_DYE_NAME_MULTIPLAYER

RequiredValue 30000
TrackedStatName | STAT_DISTANCE_TRAVELLED
NameTag | INV_ITEM_WEAPON_LIVING_PARTICLE_NAME_MONEY_TRAVEL

RequiredValue 1200000
TrackedStatName | STAT_MULTIPLAYER_TIME_PLAYED
NameTag | INV_ITEM_WEAPON_LIVING_SECONDARY_NAME_MULTIPLAYER

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Everything was completely maxed out. Everything that was in the other playthrough was the same.
There's a "hidden" hero level, the one that determines what enemies you face, the amount of semi-bosses in those groups, etc.
Well, here are probably some of the lesser known morphs:
Hmm, if you ever find it do tell me please, but I still don't think such a thing exsists.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
E.G, when you kill a Hollow Man with your sword, you've opened the 'Bone' Morph Pool. This will add the possibility of getting a 'Bone' morph.
Use Inferno, you've opened the Arcane 'Morph Pool' adding the possibility of a Arcane morph.

Now, when you consistently complete the requirements in these Morph Pools, the chance of getting that morph will rise.

That's exactly it. Kill more wolves and you'll have a higher chance of getting the black morph on the fourth chest. Commit more crimes and you'll have a higher chance of getting the bone or onyx morph on the third chest. Stop using magic as soon as you get a sword and you will have a lower chance of getting the arcane morph on the second chest. Etc.

There's a "hidden" hero level, the one that determines what enemies you face, the amount of semi-bosses in those groups, etc.

Do you know much more about this Hero level? How might I go about raising it?

Hmm, if you ever find it do tell me please, but I still don't think such a thing exsists.

There isn't a gamerscore morph.

Status
Not open for further replies.