• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Multiple Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourtey

Reaction score
Alright, i realize i just posted another topic and i dont want to spam but i want to ask/talk about a few more things so instead of making a bunch of threads ill put it all into one.

1. Im tired of being one of the few remaining heroes, i miss the first fable where there were multiple other heroes. if lionhead makes a fable 4 it shouldnt be any further into the future. they should make a game that takes place in the 500 years between fable and fable 2. you dont necessarily have to save the entire world to make a good story, get creative.

2. Make difficulties. Not everyone is a noob lionhead... some of us would like a challenge when we buy a game. all of the fable games were quite short.. i hoped they would implement different difficulties for fable 2, they didnt. same with fable 3. i never got knocked down in fable 2, or fable 3. it was too easy

3. Dont make any more talking statues that i have to shoot.

4. How did Bowerstone transform so drastically? i understand the change from fable to fable 2... but fable 2 to fable 3 is crazy, the castle is completely different, so it the entrance, and every other aspect of the town. its like they tore it down and rebuilt it.

5. What happened to Oakfield and Bloodstone? The temples of light and shadow?

6. How many kids can you have with one wife in fable 3? just curious..

7. Fable had a bunch of kickass spells that should be brought back. Why did they take a bunch of the spells out for fable 2? In a sequel there should be MORE spells, not less.

8. More ideas for fable 4/dlc:
* Samarkand, Southern Islands, Snowspire again.

* Create a game about the Old Kingdom and how heroes started. Let us play as the first hero.

* Concept: What if you could choose what you are at the beginning.. for example.. you choose who your parents are. This would make the game more interesting being able to decide your hero's background. If you want you can be the son of a king, or a son of a soldier, bandit, monk, pirate. each one would have different abilities. like if you chose the pirate, you would be able to build a pirate ship and go pillage other ships. if your the kings son you can get away with crimes. bandits can organize raids. soldiers have higher strength and skill. etc. There would be 3 evil starts (bandit, pirate, tyrant) and 3 good starts (soldier, monk, king).

Allow multiple endings and multiple paths to take. not just two. maybe i dont WANT to be king. allow me more choices.. i want to end the game as a famous pirate and have a decked out ship i can sail around on.

Albion is too small. Open up the entire planet for exploration. that would be insane and incredibly awesome.

9. I hate how fable 3 takes out good and evil visual rewards (eg. a halo for a good character and horns and red eyes for an evil one). Please put it back in. At least let me have wings all the time and not just during a flourish..

Thats all for now. hahahaha

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts on some of your points.

1.Hmmm, I guess that would be cool. I miss how in Fable 1, being a hero was like a proper job. I think Lionhead have said though that their only way is forward.
3.I love the gnomes/gargoyles. Comical Genius.
6.Just the two per husband/wife.
8.Lionhead have stated they won't do a game about the Old Kingdom.
9.I hate how my character looks in general in the morality system. I miss the tanned skin and blue eyes for being good. She just looks very perculiar.

Yourtey

Reaction score
if that stuff is true then i dont know if im gonna be buying fable 4.. im tired of guns. give me back my bow and arrow. stop advancing albion lionhead. pretty soon they'll have cars.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
1. So far it seems they're only going to push forward into the future so don't expect them to do a 180 and start heading back in time.

2. Like most game developers, Lionhead caters to the casuals. Why? Because unfortunately, there are more casuals than there are real gamers. Thanks to them, you won't be getting a game that requires even an ounce of skill any time soon.

3. I agree with you on this part. There were none in the original Fable and that was ten times as enjoyable as Fable II and a thousand times more enjoyable than Fable III. Finding the gnomes/gargoyles is tedious and more of a chore than anything else.

4. Lionhead is lazy and as such, there are a great deal of inconsistencies; Bowerstone is one of them.

5. Don't know. Though you could read what I wrote for number four and get the answer.

6. Two.

7. Some spells like the healing spell and the mana shield would be overpowered/useless in Fable II and Fable III but I admit, there were a lot of spells they could have kept but as the series goes on, the less spells we're given. Why? I honestly can't tell you.

8. I would personally enjoy heading to Samarkand and we might get the chance to see it in Fable IV if they're only going to continue jumping through time. It was rumored that we WOULD play in the Old Kingdom during Fable IV and Fable V (not necessarily as William Black though) but I guess that's not going to happen, eh? I don't remember Lionhead specifically stating they won't so take what you hear with a grain of salt. I completely disagree with all that pirate nonsense, if you want to sail the seas, ask them to make a separate game that revolves around piracy and what not.

9. It is rather irksome but I guess it didn't affect me quite as much because I'm a Will user and the only thing I care about are the Will lines. Also, I try to make good AND evil choices to keep myself neutral.

Also, I'd like to say the "hahahaha" at the end of that was rather unnecessary and weird.

Yourtey

Reaction score
I completely disagree with all that pirate nonsense, if you want to sail the seas, ask them to make a separate game revolves around piracy and what not.

Also, I'd like to say the "hahahaha" at the end of that was rather unnecessary and weird.

it was just an example. fable has always been advertised as a game to make choices, but you really dont get any.. the story is linear. 100% linear. theres no alternate endings, there should be.

its a habit

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
it was just an example. fable has always been advertised as a game to make choices, but you really dont get any.. the story is linear. 100% linear. theres no alternate endings, there should be.

its a habit

Yes but your focus was on piracy so it seemed as if that's what you really wanted in the game.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Alright, here goes...

1. Fable IV and Fable V will both be set in the future--neither will be a prequel. "The franchise is moving forward [in time]," as they said.

2. Yeah, difficulty settings would be nice. And I wouldn't mind an achievement for clearing the hardest level of difficulty, be it "without dying" or simply to finish the main goal of the game.

3. I want more! How could you not love the gnomes? I understand about those darn gargoyles though...

4. It's called an industrial age. We had one too, you know. In fact, we might have had several. And a castle, just like any building, is easy to build upon. Either that, or you could consider the world in Fable II to be a somewhat compressed version of how it really is while Fable III is not--or at least not to the same degree. Did you really think the world would be that tiny if it were represented for real? It's something they do in many games; however, it has become slightly less common with more advanced engines and machines to run the games.

5. The Temples of Light and Shadow might have been destroyed or simply abandoned. Might be a DLC about it in the future. Oakfield, Bloodstone, and the other cities in Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and Fable II are obviously still in Albion--even if they may have been burnt down or otherwise faded away--you just can't visit them in Fable III. I am not completely sure why they wouldn't include older regions as they're introducing new ones, but I'm sure they had their reason, no matter how dumb or perfectly logical they may be.

6. The amount is probably infinite, or at least set very high. I mean, you're not going to make ten million children anyway, so what does it matter? :p

7. The singling down of spells from Fable to Fable II was logical as they were way too many in the first game. In Fable II they were combined and made more practical and easy to use (and not too easy either). Being pretty much the only Hero left alive in both Fable II and Fable III, of course there won't suddenly be new spells, think a little. Still, Fable III let you make woven spells (that were all pretty awesome) and both the Slow Time and Raise Dead spells were kept, albeit in a different form; namely potions.

8. I'm guessing the DLC will mostly bring trivial items like the Dog Suit and the free weapons, secret or otherwise new areas to Albion, and a whole lot new content for Aurora. You did see all the land on the left of the map table? Yeah.

I'm thinking Samarkand will be featured in either Fable IV or Fable V (hopefully). Like I said, there will be no prequels in the main series (we don't know about spin-offs though). Also, though that would be awesome, I like making theories out of the pieces of lore we can find throughout the games, and I also want to see what happens to Albion in the future.

9. There are still such visual "rewards" (you know, morphs), but they're much more subtle--unless you look straight into the face of a fully evil bastard/bitch. I wouldn't want to wear the wings while walking around town, but whenever I'm in combat I wouldn't mind them being there until the battle is over, not only during flourishes.

Yourtey

Reaction score
i really really really hope that at some point they will make a game set between fable and fable 2, theres 500 years of hero filled history in there. there HAD to be at least one world crisis in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.